Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also enjoyed seeing some of the new props and details that are popping up now, like this cart full of barrels and things...

Hagrids-Street-Sign-cart.jpg

Also down here you can see a little greenhouse (right under the pumpkins, behind the arch), maybe filled with Mandrakes or even Venomous Tentacula?! Fun, fun!!

Hagrids-firstscene.jpg

I so love the idea of Hagrid re-purposing the ruins of an old abbey as stables/storage.

And yet the couldn't even enclose the building to prevent light from leaking into the inside revealing steel beams and an empty shell. Talk about breaking immersion

I know, the tragedy of being in near total darkness and being able to see some track supports. Imagine how much worse it would be if the rest of the ride had exposed steel supports, yeesh.

Are you allowed to share any of the originals @Alicia ? This unicorn picture from your site shows that they've colored and texturized the path to look like old cobblestone almostView attachment 9292 View attachment 9293
Okay, after going through the pictures, here are a couple that show the texture of the ground through the ruins overpass. I think they're still working on it, but I like that each area is somewhat different it looks like. Click on the images for full size to really see the detail.

Hagrids-Ruins-stoneworkground.JPG

Hagrids-Ruins-crosspath.JPG

I wonder if Robbie Coltrane will be involved in the ride at all? Like a short film during the pre-show, or even a voiceover. I don't think he is doing great these days, health wise, so that might prevent him from doing any filming.

Status
Not open for further replies.