Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 189 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
IMO if there’s any IP they’ll cut out it’ll be Pumpkinhead. But even then, they might just get the contracts from Warner Bros this year in order to have 2 heavy hitters for next year.

Honestly The Conjuring could be the next Stranger Things or AHS in my opinion. With all of the spinoffs the Universe has they could have a different maze iteration every year

Reactions: Kadath and Darko
IMO if there’s any IP they’ll cut out it’ll be Pumpkinhead. But even then, they might just get the contracts from Warner Bros this year in order to have 2 heavy hitters for next year.

Honestly The Conjuring could be the next Stranger Things or AHS in my opinion. With all of the spinoffs the Universe has they could have a different maze iteration every year

I mean, we’re presuming an IP gets cut in the first place.

I’m not expecting any WB IP’s to make it at HHN for a long long while honestly. It’d be amazing if we could get Conjuring, NoES, IT, or any of WB’s other golden properties as houses for 30 but I’m keeping my expectations reallllly low.

I mean, we’re presuming an IP gets cut in the first place.

Which I don’t think they’ll do. House of 1000 Corpses is for sure not out though. The tents are usually the first ones worked on for construction so that one should be locked in and probably near complete; if Pumpkinhead is in Tent 3 then that one would be presumably worked on too

Reactions: Darko
If we do get a WB IP I don’t see another IP getting cut. WB made this choice and they announced it today but “not doing HMH this year” doesn’t seem like something you just wake up and decied. They probably made this choice a while ago and HHN found out and put it on the original line up. I don’t see HHN cutting a house unless they have to 100%.

Off topic from WB IP’s, but any idea how they are going to find a way to represent the Mind Flayer in the ST house? An ethereal kaiju made up of contained black gas just sounds a little bit too tough of an effect to make in real life, might they just stick to Demodogs/-gorgons/whatever S3 brings?

Reactions: Kadath
Off topic from WB IP’s, but any idea how they are going to find a way to represent the Mind Flayer in the ST house? An ethereal kaiju made up of contained black gas just sounds a little bit too tough of an effect to make in real life, might they just stick to Demodogs/-gorgons/whatever S3 brings?

Screenz

they said it's going to be in the maze. probably a projection.

Just due to the nature of things, I wouldn't be surprised if 1-2 of the IPs that Legacy has stated end up being wrong. Not only do we have to worry about Universal changing things last minute (Scream/Purge) or simply the insiders being wrong. Like Legacy has said, he's not 100% sure. We cant be 100% sure until the announcement is released.

Based on the current line-up, I am happy, but I would not be sad at all if Ho1C ended up being dropped. We just have to wait and see. Hope for the best.

Though, I am excited to see the next announcement, considering that we have reason to believe it's coming either April 11th or maybe (small small chance) we could get something on the 14th with the other panel. Either way, I'm ready for new things to develop and I look forward to what's rumored in the future.

Man I'm so out of the loop with this year's speculated IPs. Pumpkinhead, House of 1000 Corpses, Hellraiser... literally never seen or heard about one of those movies. Oh well. Still attending regardless.

Reactions: horrornights789
Man I'm so out of the loop with this year's speculated IPs. Pumpkinhead, House of 1000 Corpses, Hellraiser... literally never seen or heard about one of those movies. Oh well. Still attending regardless.

You’ve never heard of Hellraiser?? That one’s a classic(although Pinhead is a B list slasher compared to Micheal, Freddy, Jason, & Leatherface)

Reactions: Kadath and Darko
You’ve never heard of Hellraiser?? That one’s a classic(although Pinhead is a B list slasher compared to Micheal, Freddy, Jason, & Leatherface)
Well yeah I have heard.. of Hellraiser.... but I definitely have not seen any of those movies. I like the idea of them featuring more "cult classics" though, but.....I'm not sure how appealing it is to the general public, those films seem almost too "indie horror" to be featured at HHN. We shall see. I think they hit it big with the 80's audience last year and I can see why they would try and appeal to them again (with Pumpkinhead, GhostBusters, Hellraiser etc). Not exactly a fan but that's mostly just be because I am a millennial that appreciates more of their modern iterations like Sinister and AHS.

Reactions: horrornights789
I don't care what people think of HO1TC, it isn't the quality of the movie that matters, it's the potential for great scares and design. HO1TC is so perfect for a maze, it's insane. HHN Hollywood proved it already.

As for Legacy's speculation being potentially wrong, I don't mind. I've said it before, I like the mystery this year. Keeps the speculation going. Plus you all have to deal with me during the speculation game, and by god do I love it. :lol:

Well yeah I have heard.. of Hellraiser.... but I definitely have not seen any of those movies. I like the idea of them featuring more "cult classics" though, but.....I'm not sure how appealing it is to the general public, those films seem almost too "indie horror" to be featured at HHN. We shall see. I think they hit it big with the 80's audience last year and I can see why they would try and appeal to them again (with Pumpkinhead, GhostBusters, Hellraiser etc). Not exactly a fan but that's mostly just be because I am a millennial that appreciates more of their modern iterations like Sinister and AHS.

Gotcha. Hellraiser 1 & 2 are solid horror films but after that it’s DTV garbage

For people who’ve seen Pumpkinhead is it pretty easily translatable into a house? The creature looks cool but mentally I can’t tell if it would mostly be a puppet house or not