Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

WARNING: I may be over summarizing this, so don't crucify me if it's not all exactly correct. They used the same blueprints as they did for California, which didn’t add scruppers or the FL one didn’t add scruppers. Florida received all of this rain and it all built on the roof and around the dehumidifiers and the standing water killed those. Then, since they apparently didn’t weather-proof the building, the water leaked in and killed a great deal of computer equipment. I don’t fully buy this because it demonstrates multiple level of what I believe are structural building code violations. It just doesn’t add up. They forgot to weather-proof a building in Florida? I call BS.

Yeah, if Disney is making boneheaded mistakes like that, there are some serious issues at the top. CA and FL likely have VERY different codes. I can't believe they would build in FL with the CA earthquake codes, which likely make foundations much beefier. But FL is a swamp, so the foundations need to be different because of that. Then add in humidity and temperature issues. Plus FL getting like 10 times the rain CA does, it sounds fishy for sure.

Oh, and then... HURRICANES. Not really a problem in CA.

Wonder what new info we will get this weekend
I would say some more details on merch and probably talk about the plans they have for Batuu in other media as well (among other stuff). A big announcment of course would be if they gave the opening of RotR for Disneyland. I personally think it will open when D23 is going on in late August. Would make for great synergy.

I would say some more details on merch and probably talk about the plans they have for Batuu in other media as well (among other stuff). A big announcment of course would be if they gave the opening of RotR for Disneyland. I personally think it will open when D23 is going on in late August. Would make for great synergy.

I would love an official announcement on the opening of RotR for DL so I can pull the trigger on buying flights.

I don't think they would announce the date for RotR before GE opens. If they did, they could compromise their opening day.

I would love an official announcement on the opening of RotR for DL so I can pull the trigger on buying flights.
Unfortunately I don’t think we’ll get it until after the Grand opening so fans don’t push back their visits. If they can get them to double-dip, that’s what they want.

Is that droid going to block the views of the people sitting in the 2 middle seats?
Kinda looks like it, huh? We haven't actually seen anyone sitting in the vehicle yet so it's tough to judge, but for small children, I do wonder.

EDIT: Here's a pic of people inside from Attractions Magazine:
D35K9JWW4AAvAz3.jpg

Kinda looks like it, huh? We haven't actually seen anyone sitting in the vehicle yet so it's tough to judge, but for small children, I do wonder.

EDIT: Here's a pic of people inside from Attractions Magazine:
D35K9JWW4AAvAz3.jpg
And she's clearly leaning to her left to be in the pic.

I guess if nothing is low and directly in front of the car it won't be a big deal, but otherwise, you'll becoming friends with the person in the outer seat.

And she's clearly leaning to her left to be in the pic.

I guess if nothing is low and directly in front of the car it won't be a big deal, but otherwise, you'll becoming friends with the person in the outer seat.

Maybe they are putting everything high, to use forced perspective, so they can make the AAs a bit smaller, and cheaper :).

With practically Universal praise for Hagrid, I honestly think even if this ride lives up to all the hype, there’s no way it tops Hagrid. I just don’t see it happening anymore.

With practically Universal praise for Hagrid, I honestly think even if this ride lives up to all the hype, there’s no way it tops Hagrid. I just don’t see it happening anymore.

I mean... With what little we know about it this ride could end up being the new fj.

Now, the "best themepark ip land" award...

It certainly Looks like star wars aint it

Now, the "best themepark ip land" award...

It certainly Looks like star wars aint it

If Rotr exceeds expectations it will not beat WWOHP Imo. I don't know much history of disney or universal, but i do know losing potter was the top 3 worst mistakes Disney ever made.

With Hagrid's phenomenal response from the media & public, and the very mixed response for Smugglers Run & GESWL, I'd guess that Disney might back off the opening date games ( double opening bump) they've been playing with RotR, and open it as soon as feasible.

If they wanted a double opening and purposely backed off of rise, that backfired.

Last edited:
I still think this will be better than Hagrids if it is what it’s supposed to be.
What I mean is that, with it being a simulator and more slow moving, there are just going to be people that won’t like the ride due to that. Hagrid is hard to dislike because of all the thematic elements it incorporates and since its a coaster, it provides thrills and brings smiles rather easily.

With Hagrid's phenomenal response from the media & public, and the very mixed response for Smugglers Run & GESWL, I'd guess that Disney might back off the opening date games ( double opening bump) they've been playing with RotR, and open it as soon as feasible.