Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

So… do just go back all the way to wishful thinking at this point? Count me in the Us camp too. Was a huge movie for Universal and would fit in a haunt.

I get the argument that plot wise it doesn’t make sense but at the same time - for most of the general population of HHN they just wanna walk through the movies.

The howling! Party wearwolf!! News lady wolfie!!!!!!!!!!
this is nightmare fuel
maxresdefault.jpg

So since we are back at stage 1 basically I’m still thinking we have a chance for LI2C and HoTC since the twitter post. Maybe KKfOS also but that post got left up so...

Okay, here's the sitch:

I have said from the very beginning that I was having to gather whispers and speculate far more than I have the last couple of years. Direct sources in Orlando are talking FAR less than in the past. Universal has tightened ship. Code names have been changed repeatedly. Even most of the rumors I'm hearing I am literally watching bounce between people in the echo chamber, which makes the true SOURCE of rumors impossible to identify. There's maybe less than 20 rumor mongers, and most of us know each other. One bit of bad info can spread quickly and become "confirmed" simply because two of your sources happen to be friends with the same different source. With Universal being more tight-lipped, it makes the echo chamber louder. I've been up front about this.

Now, I've already been partially wrong on the Rick and Morty clue (Stranger Things - which I was told would actually be TWO houses for seasons 1 and 2 that queued from a single line) and the original Bob's Burgers clue (Pumpkinhead). Truth be told, while I don't post a clue until I'm at least 75% confident on it, I haven't been more than 80% confident on anything I've "clued" this year. The only exception to that was The Cleveland Show (Nightingales - which I got confirmed very last minute).

That said, my best source has finally started talking to me. Not a rumormonger. It's someone whose knowledge about what is coming I trust completely (though it hasn't been 100% correct in the past). The info they gave me isn't matching up well with what I'm hearing everywhere else.

Now, that means my source could be wrong, the rumor mongers are right, and my concerns about "not knowing crap" are unnecessary.

But it could mean my source is right, the rumor mongers are wrong, and we've all been played.

It could be a bit of both.

The point is, right now, I don't know. And there's no way to find out without risking too much.

I think, sometimes, it's best to let things play out the way they're supposed to. 2019 might be one of those times.

Not gonna' lie, this year spec/hype-wise is pretty great because of that. One moment we think we know the IP's and a couple of the Originals and -VOOP-, we're in the great unknown. Up is left, down is slantways, and we don't know jack. An that's honestly exciting.

If we’re back at square one with wishlists...

What I’d love to see but probably will never happen
-The Lost Boys
-CAOS
-IT
-a 90’s year with AYAOTD?, Scary Stories, Scream, IKWYDLS, etc.
-Suspiria
-a musical or a murder mystery show; i.e. my beloved Clue but make it Halloween
-Hill House
-KKFOS
-H.R. Bloodengutz
-an alien themed original, maybe give Invasion another chance to thrive
-Blade Runner based original
-Vamp ‘25 and make it Gatsby

What I’d love to see narrowed down to what I think maybe could possibly happen eventually
-KKFOS
-H.R. Bloodengutz

What do you guys think about HHN doing a full repeat year. Take fan favorites from every year and do an exact or close copy of the original house or SZ. Bring back Fear as an icon with the story from HHNXX and the other icons as well. I think this could be a cool idea since I didn’t start going to HHN till 2013 and I have houses from before than I wish I could go though and I’m sure other fans have houses they wish they could do. Just an idea I had that I want to hear your guys thoughts on this.

So here’s the lineup of the 6 IPs I want for 29:

Stranger Things, It OR Conjuring, Suspiria, House of 1000 Corpses, Hellraiser, Us.

What I think we’ll actually get:

Stranger Things, House of 1000 Corpses, KKFOS, Us, and Hellraiser or Ghostbusters.

This way it fills up all of the slots that are unofficially occurring every year:

Headliner Ticket Driver: Stranger Things(previously ST, TWD, AHS)

Classic:Hellraiser/Ghostbusters(previousl-y Shining, Poltergeist, Exorcist)

Modern Horror IP: Us(previously Halloween 4 in place of 2018, Saw)

Cult Classic: KKFOS(previously TrT, Krampus, Ash vs Evil Dead)

Synergy: House of 1000 Corpses for 3 From Hell(previously Blumhouse 1+2)

Wildcard: If we do have 6 IPs then I guess Ghostbusters in here? Not really sure what the 6th IP slot would encompass

So here’s the lineup of the 6 IPs I want for 29:

Stranger Things, It OR Conjuring, Suspiria, House of 1000 Corpses, Hellraiser, Us.

What I think we’ll actually get:

Stranger Things, House of 1000 Corpses, KKFOS, Us, and Hellraiser or Ghostbusters.

This way it fills up all of the slots that are unofficially occurring every year:

Headliner Ticket Driver: Stranger Things(previously ST, TWD, AHS)

Classic:Hellraiser/Ghostbusters(previousl-y Shining, Poltergeist, Exorcist)

Modern Horror IP: Us(previously Halloween 4 in place of 2018, Saw)

Cult Classic: KKFOS(previously TrT, Krampus, Ash vs Evil Dead)

Synergy: House of 1000 Corpses for 3 From Hell(previously Blumhouse 1+2)

Wildcard: If we do have 6 IPs then I guess Ghostbusters in here? Not really sure what the 6th IP slot would encompass

While sceptical, I would absolutely love this list to be correct. It has 3 of my personal top 10 horror movies!