Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney Skyliner - Gondola Transportation System

those are longer times then I was expecting, and doesn't count the queue to get on the gondola, or the time it may take to transfer at a station.

I mean it's probably still better then taking the bus, but it will really depend on how popular these are, and I'm guessing they will be extremely popular.

Thankfully I live in FL, and usually just drive to the parks. I may try this once, but I don't see myself choosing this over A/C and privacy of my own car. ...Would be good for beer/wine fest though...

For going between Epcot and DHS, I really do enjoy the walking path and, for me, it’s easily the fastest route. But it desperately needs some trees along the riverbank by DHS. In the afternoon, that direct sunlight can be brutal.
Yeah, you sure get toasted. They need to take a page from Universal and put in those types of a shaded, beautiful landscaped, pathway, that's enjoyable to walk. Even walking from Epcot to the boardwalk boat dock is hot, sweaty and uncomfortable....and that's not even halfway there.

I think people are over worrying about queue times or transfers waiting. I think it'll be pretty snappy.
After the first couple months, I think it'll be super snappy. I'm assuming there's going to be a learning curve in keeping the gondolas moving especially with the handicapped vehicles.

Not to mention, if they don't keep them moving, thats probably going to create an E-stop that affects both stations and that section of the line.

For some reason I thought it would be the same gondola pods as the Orlando Eye. A cracked window instead of AC is going to be interesting for 15 mins in summer.

They go about as fast as riding a bike so it should be able to get a nice breeze going. Though there is the possibility of a prolonged estop, as others pointed out, which could be quite awful if it's 90F+ out.

Most folks will probably go inside whatever resort they are stuck at and wait it out at the food court or bar.

This is what I'm wondering as I don' have the spatial memory to know where these stations are in location to the amenities at the resort. Aren't most of the stations far away from the lobby/guest areas?

Why would anyone walk between the resorts in weather so bad it shuts down the gondolas?

It could just be me but if I'm heading back to the hotel, it's usually to get changed and head back out. I don't mind getting wet, I've walked back from USF to CBBR in the middle of a huge storm.

If you're stopped before the storm hits and that gives you 20mins before it really starts, it's only a 1/3 of a mile between the CBR station and the outskirts of Pop.

I remember once a subway I was riding just shut down in a bad area in the middle of the night. Here at least you're still on Disney property.

I could see them closing off early for new passengers and trying to get those who've already boarded to their destinations.

It would be interesting to know how quickly they could shuffle around some buses and what they'd do about having drivers on stand-by.

This is what I'm wondering as I don' have the spatial memory to know where these stations are in location to the amenities at the resort. Aren't most of the stations far away from the lobby/guest areas?

I would question how many people that might dump on a hotel's lobby, although many would probably wait by the bus stop. Still, it could be a logistical nightmare. I will depend on Disney to have already figured this out. Hopefully.