Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

Wow... that was fast. Even faster than 27 considering we didn’t know what exactly would happen to The Conjuring until like May.

So codename summarized then:

- Hysteria = Ghostbusters
- Dog = Stranger Things 2&3
- Pressure = Depths of Fear
- Drill = Tooth Fairy
- Jerky = Yeti(hopefully Swamp)
- Pit = Nightingales: Blood Pit
- Salt = Graveyard: Hide and Shriek
- Onyx = Universal Monsters
- Chicken = House of 1000 Corpses
- Cotton = Killer Klowns from Outer Space

Honestly if it’s true then it’s a decent lineup. 2 mazes(Depths of Fear, Tooth Fairy) seem ripped right off of Knott’s though much like CG last year. Graveyard sounds awesome and kinda reminds me of Winters Night crossed over with The Orfanage

Last edited:
Let us have a moment of silence to the properties that were supposed to come, but never made it..... we hope to see you next year. :(

Wow... that was fast. Even faster than 27 considering we didn’t know what exactly would happen to The Conjuring until like May.

- Drill = Tooth Fairy

Honestly if it’s true then it’s a decent lineup. 2 mazes(Depths of Fear, Tooth Fairy) seem ripped right off of Knott’s though much like CG last year. Graveyard sounds awesome and kinda reminds me of Winters Night crossed over with The Orfanage

I’ve heard depths of fear would be dead mans wharf. And that the yeti is a sequel to slaughter. Double feature of schitties kids and swamp yeti

- Drill = Tooth Fairy

Any idea how the name “salt” ties in with Hide and Shriek? That’s the main reason I have my doubts about the accuracy of that house

Any idea how the name “salt” ties in with Hide and Shriek? That’s the main reason I have my doubts about the accuracy of that house

The only thing I can think of in regards to kids & salt is Hocus Pocus, they use salt to protect themselves-but they’re witches, not ghosts. Or maybe the costumes on some of them will be like the Morton girl’s??

Damn I can’t believe some guy commented the last 3 house names and then deleted it and that ended speculation season just like that. Kinda disappointing and exciting at the same time.

Let us have a moment of silence to the properties that were supposed to come, but never made it..... we hope to see you next year. :(
Speculated to come, doesn't mean "supposed to come."

It's different when there's an actual rumor that A&D is working on a property that doesn't come (like IT last year). There were no actual rumors about Hellraiser or Hill House. They were just speculation. Even I had to work more heavily with speculation this year.

Speculated to come, doesn't mean "supposed to come."

It's different when there's an actual rumor that A&D is working on a property that doesn't come (like IT last year). There were no actual rumors about Hellraiser or Hill House. They were just speculation. Even I had to work more heavily with speculation this year.

Was the Clerks clue pointing at Hellraiser, or were we all totally off track with that one?

Was the Clerks clue pointing at Hellraiser, or were we all totally off track with that one?
Yep. Clerks was Hellraiser.

Like I've said, I was never more than 80% confident on any of them (except Nightingales/Cleveland Show, because I had evidence for it). When you're doing that, you're going to get stuff wrong.

Like the Pumpkinhead/Creepshow kerfuffle. I was told a cult classic from the 80s, with heavy practical effects, that features voodoo. Which movie is it? If you throw in the fact Creepshow is a WB property, that involves King, then the answer looks like Pumpkinhead. I got it wrong.

Now, I was getting that info from someone who is typically more Hollywood connected. So is Creepshow for Hollywood? Orlando? Both? I don't know. (Didn't, at least). Even the house list floating around says "####### or Creepshow".

I've tried to be up front about the information I'm getting this year, including that I wasn't going to be as accurate as last year. My options were doing something and risk getting some of it wrong or do nothing.

Now, to address zones. I've heard a couple of things I trust, that gives me an idea on the direction Universal will go this year. I'm not confident enough in it to go public with it though.

Last edited:
Yep. Clerks was Hellraiser.

Like I've said, I was never more than 80% confident on any of them (except Nightingales/Cleveland Show, because I had evidence for it). When you're doing that, you're going to get stuff wrong.

Like the Pumpkinhead/Creepshow kerfuffle. I was told a cult classic from the 80s, with heavy practical effects, that features voodoo. Which movie is it? If you throw in the fact Creepshow is a WB property, that involves King, then the answer looks like Pumpkinhead. I got it wrong.

Now, I was getting that info from someone who is typically more Hollywood connected. So is Creepshow for Hollywood? Orlando? Both? I don't know. (Didn't, at least). Even the house list floating around says "####### or Creepshow".

I've tried to be up front about the information I'm getting this year, including that I wasn't going to be as accurate as last year. My options were doing something and risk getting some of it wrong or do nothing.

Now, to address zones. I've heard a couple of things I trust, that gives my idea on the direction Universal will go this year. I'm not confident enough in it to go public with it though.

For what it's worth, I appreciate the time you put into them, and enjoyed working out some of the clues, even if most of my guesses were way off! Even those that didn't end up being 'likely' to come. That's the most fun part of the speculation game for me.

so based off the fact killer klowns was semi-confirmed by the composer of the film, yet it isn't on the house list, what if it's a returning zone? like it'll make sense, it was a fan favorite last year, so they can do it again with some "improvements", then have klowns as a house for 30.

so based off the fact killer klowns was semi-confirmed by the composer of the film, yet it isn't on the house list, what if it's a returning zone? like it'll make sense, it was a fan favorite last year, so they can do it again with some "improvements", then have klowns as a house for 30.
What makes you think it is or isn't on the House list?

I mean, it is on the spec map...