Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

Here’s something to speculate on:

Permit for B79 (BLD2019-14528). Intertior alteration. Interior partition.

The fee amount suggests this is not a permit for the house.

Has a partition ever been built between the house and the rest of the building in the past?

Over on Nightmares, they do provide a answer to the partition. The other half of B79 was being used for storage/testing Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure, and apparently Creative isn't out of the building yet, so the permit for the partition is placed so A&D can get started on whatever house is being built there.

Did you all (those who attended last year) enjoy the Chucky SZ last year? It looked like a lot of fun, so I would be down to see it come back again this year.
I liked it the first couple times thru, but it did get very predictable and boring after that. I was impressed with how quick they were to respond, I'm guessing they had some type of tech to know who they were talking to, phone scanners, facial recognition. They seemed to know too much about who they were roasting.

I liked it the first couple times thru, but it did get very predictable and boring after that. I was impressed with how quick they were to respond, I'm guessing they had some type of tech to know who they were talking to, phone scanners, facial recognition. They seemed to know too much about who they were roasting.
This is how you know you go to much:grin:

It seemed to mostly be cold reading technique, although there were a lot of repeat roastees.

Honestly Klowns might be my most anticipated house

I don't get it and I guess it's just me. I just finished watching Klowns for the first time about 10 minutes ago. It is a truly bad movie, like MST3000 bad. Acting, writing, sets, everything. Amazon prime has it streaming for free, by the way.

I wasn't high on this to begin with after the scarezone last year, but now I'm even less excited after seeing it. I'm baffled that it even has a following after watching it.

I don't get it and I guess it's just me. I just finished watching Klowns for the first time about 10 minutes ago. It is a truly bad movie, like MST3000 bad. Acting, writing, sets, everything. Amazon prime has it streaming for free, by the way.

I wasn't high on this to begin with after the scarezone last year, but now I'm even less excited after seeing it. I'm baffled that it even has a following after watching it.

Funny, I literally watched it for the first time last night. I tend to agree with you somewhat - except that I thought the costumes and makeup were pretty remarkable. The dialogue and acting were atrocious no doubt. The sets were very plastic, but colorful - and that could translate to a decent walkthrough. I knew it would be a stupid movie, but I thought we'd at least maybe get gory stupid like Motel Hell or something like that. KK was just really bleh for me outside of the costumes and makeup.

Bah, It's one of the cheesiest movies of all time that is why its considered great. It taps into the classic black and white outer space monster movies popular in the 1950's and apes them up in a circus themed wrapper. In some ways it makes sense that if you didn't enjoy MST3000 (which directly makes fun of the same outer space movies) you probably wouldn't enjoy another movie which is similar in nature.

I assure you though the fans of both are quite real and numerous

I actually agree with you, I am not a fan of the movie. I just think it would make a really fun and colorful house and I think the Klowns are actually pretty creepy.

Soooooo....ummm any speculation on scarezones?
Zone information is typically the last bit of information that trickles out. I've started to hear a couple of things, but I don't know enough/not confident enough in the mechanics of it to really start implying anything.

There should be IP zones and Original zones again, likely in a similar ratio to last year.

If I can't get a "best of Carpenter" house anytime soon can I at least get a "The Fog" scare zone. they already have the fog machines ;)