Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 284 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I wasn’t sold on a hellraiser house because most of the first movie is just in a generic attic and I didn’t see how that would make a good house unless they actually took us to hell with all the cenobites but I love the idea of a hellraiser scarezone!!!

Reactions: Kadath
S&S is additional? I thought if you had a ticket you could just stay in one of the holding areas. Did that change recently?

No. I think he means that in order to do everything he wants, he'll have to do S&S as well as purchase Express.

Right. Sorry for the confusion. I just meant I would need to take all precautions against crowds this year. I’m a pass holder so stay and scream is always easy anyway.

Reactions: Brian G.
I wasn’t sold on a hellraiser house because most of the first movie is just in a generic attic and I didn’t see how that would make a good house unless they actually took us to hell with all the cenobites but I love the idea of a hellraiser scarezone!!!

I’m sure if a Hellraiser house comes, it would be a mix of 1 & 2, with some likely artistic liberties (like Poltergeist, Exorcist)

I’m sure if a Hellraiser house comes, it would be a mix of 1 & 2, with some likely artistic liberties (like Poltergeist, Exorcist)

My personal imagination for the Hellraiser house would probably be like 70/30 with the 70 probably being an original take the Cenobite Dimension, and the other 30 probably being the stuff from the sequence at the end.

My personal imagination for the Hellraiser house would probably be like 70/30 with the 70 probably being an original take the Cenobite Dimension, and the other 30 probably being the stuff from the sequence at the end.

I'd love to see Clive Barker involved in designing a house based around Hell/The Labyrinth. Use the Cenobites, but don't really base it on any particular film. Kind of like what they are doing with the Classic Monsters.

I don't think he is working much anymore due to his health, so that's probably a pipe dream.

We went to the scareactor dining twice that year. Chance was great both times. She was doing half a room at a time depending on your booking time.

Yep, we loved Chance when she was there! She came back to our table a few times, she was super sweet and did an awesome job.

Reactions: Kadath
So... I tend to hear a lot of crazy, surprising things about HHN.

If what I’m hearing comes to pass, this year is straight bat$#+. Bonkers builds. Out of nowhere IPs. Just weird weird stuff. And it’s the type of stuff that aligns with less bizarre stuff I have heard for a couple months.

If it’s all true, this year is not a budget year, nor is it family friendly.
I want to bring this back up, because I want to specify the "bonkers builds" comment.

I heard they were building a "moat" in one of the tents. I now believe they did build something like a moat.

I want to bring this back up, because I want to specify the "bonkers builds" comment.

I heard they were building a "moat" in one of the tents. I now believe they did build something like a moat.

Like, water surrounding the tent type of moat?

Like, water surrounding the tent type of moat?
I'm imagining water running through the tent type of moat. It's also entirely possible you won't see it.

The tent floors are just plywood platforms on top of bare dirt. Building something like a moat wouldn't be insanely difficult. They did similar with La Llorona. The descriptor could have gotten mistranslated but... again... looking back on that comment, I feel like I can stand by that.

I'm imagining water running through the tent type of moat. It's also entirely possible you won't see it.

The tent floors are just plywood platforms on top of bare dirt. Building something like a moat wouldn't be insanely difficult. They did similar with La Llorona. The descriptor could have gotten mistranslated but... again... looking back on that comment, I feel like I can stand by that.

As long as its not like the pool from Walking Dead... that was hideous.

Last edited:
For scareactor dining they tend to use chr

As long as its not like the pool from Walking Dead... that was hideous.

Based of the example of La Llorona, it's gonna be a place which would be easier to put things in the ground...and also probably won't have a living scareactor in it...I presume.