Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 527 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So your saying Universal could possibly be up too adding to their parks lineup to match Disney which is currently Universal Studios Florida, IOA, the new water park Volcano Bay not third park, Fantastic Worlds-third Park, a future fourth park to match the 4 dry parks WDW has already. And another water park to match WDW’s 2 water parks? Again this is blue sky like you said. Seriously I must ask again once Fantastic Worlds comes, hotels, a city walk, restaurants I know the expansion land is big but wouldn’t that take over mostly all of it? I really thought Universal Orlando would only have like 30 acres left remaining.
Universal Studios originally had a flat parking lot. They later built parking garages to accommodate the IOA expansion. The same could be done with future expansion at site B.

Note that the current parking garages at UOR are not on the same side of the street as the parks+CityWalk... There's a bridge that crosses over Universal Boulevard. Now imagine the same at site B... Universal owns a chunk of land the size of two garages right across the proposed street Universal Way.

With the parking lot out of the way, Universal has plenty of land for an 80 acres dry park 4 and enough left over for water park 2.
So your saying probably after Walt Disney opens Star Wars galaxy’s edge day in California and Florida Universal will strike back quickly with Bourne, The new JP coaster and possibly JP land Overhaul, Nintendo Land details, fourth park?
The main thing I'm suggesting is that Universal is going to try to catch up to Disney over the next 10-20 years and Disney won't take this laying down. (It's sort of like I have the long term goal of being debt free... And BTW I have a 30 year mortgage. So it's going to take a while.)

I think a reasonable future looks like this:
Universal builds dry park three. ~2023
Universal builds dry park four. ~2033
Universal builds water park 2. ~2036+

Disney is going to look at that and strongly consider another full dry park and/or another water park within that same time frame. (They have plenty land, capital, attendance, and IPs, so none of those are issues.)

If that's the case, 2023 through 2035 could come close to matching the expansion from 1989 to 2000 (MGM, USF, AK, UOA).

On the other hand, if Universal starts selling off land or building hotels where there could otherwise be another theme park, then we're done. Look at what happened to Universal about ten years ago, Blackstone/GE was selling the land/company off... You can make some assumptions with that kind of movement that they have no plans for expansions.
Say for example there's another global recession and/or FW is not making enough money, Universal is going to keep that land a parking lot and focus on making what they have profitable. (Current status of SeaWorld is a good example of that.)

Keep in mind, I don't believe Universal will announce anything until they're nearly finished. But we'll start hearing rumors, we'll be able to see what they're using parcels of land for, we'll get an attendance report for FW a year after opening... We'll get indications and be able to make guesses within the next 5-10 years.
Yes because originally Nintendo was supposed to go their then came the possibly Pokémon rumors to come to Kidszone also possibly bringing Zelda to IOA all those plans are canned yes but what will become of LC and Kidszone will anyone be surprised if they just stay their for the future?
This might silly to say, but I wouldn't be surprised if Pokemon was in park four.

I'm not at all suggesting that Universal has Pokemon in mind for park four (or really anything solid for park four at this time other than it being a goal).. I'm just saying they have precedence for this already... Look at Mario.

Only reason FW is (strongly rumored) to get Mario is because Universal didn't start moving to build on KZ sooner. Nintendo rejected the plans because they saw more potential with FW. The same could happen again with Pokemon if Universal keeps dragging their feet. (Maybe not probable but at least possible.)

Last edited:
I think FW with 1 Luxury resort in '23. Moderate in '25. Budget and water park in '27/'28. If market looks able to carry it, 4th dry park by '35.

Reactions: truejonas
I think not opening with 2 resorts would be a missed opportunity. 1 deluxe attached to the park, and a value or moderate across the street

Based on the speed of hotels going up on Universal properties over the past few years I have to agree.

I think we could potentially even see 3 resorts on opening, depending on how full the current ones are over the next few years, and whether the FW lands are compelling enough.

I believe that FW will open with 2 resorts. 1 deluxe attached to the park and 1 family suites moderate.

I'd also put the 2nd water park opening between dry parks 3 and 4.

3rd dry park-2023
2nd water park- 2026
4th dry park- 2031

I would place the 4th park after 2033. The new park would need an expansion to keep it fresh and IOA/USF would need some additions as well.

The reason I went with the order of third dry, fourth dry, and then second water park is that this is the same order site A has. Though honestly I can see the value in doing the second water park prior.

Of course, these are just possible futures... Another possibility is that we see FW and that's it.
3rd dry park-2023
2nd water park- 2026
4th dry park- 2031
While I would love this to be true, this would be unprecedented... Universal built IOA about nine years after USF. Disney had a nine year gap between MGM and Animal Kingdom. Lowering that gap to eight years would definitely raise the bar but maybe too hopeful

Last edited:
Another interesting thing to point out is that Universal Studios Beijing property is smaller than Universal Orlando new expansion property and they are already building their new park plus their expecting a second park after the first one is built. That new property is 300 acres. So Universal Orlando new property is bigger. So yes if that’s true since UO has like 500 acres they definitely have room to add another dry park and second water park I wouldn’t mind seeing a sporting experience similar to NBA experience at Disney. Something from the MLS since Orlando has a team NFL, or MLB since Tampa Bay Rays are not far away what do you think? That’s down the line though.

I'm a page behind, but
if Universal starts selling off land or building hotels where there could otherwise be another theme park, then we're done.
is exactly why I believe the possibility of a fourth park has relevance to discussion now.

Sure, they can't definitively decide right now that they are going to build a fourth park. But they can absolutely make the decision today that there will never be a fourth park - all it requires is not leaving themselves enough space in the land they own.

Reactions: RFRees
At the very least, this expansion area will give us lots to discuss and debate for the next decade or two. :cheers:
I think the biggest relevance to talking about 'dry park 4'/etc is keeping a close eye on the land they are using now (and around the next 5 years or so).

If they use up every bit of space outside of FW and the parking lot, then the probability we see any theme parks beyond FW is minimal.

I am specifically looking at the land across Universal Way (right across from the proposed parking lot), as that is a perfect spot for a future garage to replace the parking lot... if we see a hotel built there instead, I believe the probability of park 4 drops.

I've attached a screenshot of where I believe future garages may go (in yellow). I had some fun and threw in where City Walk 2.0/a shopping area would be placed, connecting FW, Dry Park 4, and Water Park 2. (Note that the red outlining marks the total land Universal owns. The red outlining was done by Happytycho, posted in the other Resort Expansion thread.)

Attachments

• Land.png
    Land.png
    460.6 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
I think the biggest relevance to talking about 'dry park 4'/etc is keeping a close eye on the land they are using now (and around the next 5 years or so).

If they use up every bit of space outside of FW and the parking lot, then the probability we see any theme parks beyond FW is minimal.

I am specifically looking at the land across Universal Way (right across from the proposed parking lot), as that is a perfect spot for a future garage to replace the parking lot... if we see a hotel built there instead, I believe the probability of park 4 drops. I attached a screenshot of where I believe future garages may go (in yellow). I had some fun and threw in where City Walk 2.0/a shopping area would be placed, connecting FW, Dry Park 4, and Water Park 2. (Note that the red outlining marks the total land Universal owns. The red outlining was done by Happytycho, posted in the other Resort Expansion thread.)
Your logic seems plausible. :thumbsup:

Reactions: RFRees
As it stands, I just don't see the need for a 4th park any time soon. Disney have struggled to keep the 4 parks they have updated and fresh and Universal know this. 3 parks seems to be the sweet spot but if growth continues like it has, having the luxury of being able to add a 4th park is nice to have.

As it stands, I just don't see the need for a 4th park any time soon. Disney have struggled to keep the 4 parks they have updated and fresh and Universal know this. 3 parks seems to be the sweet spot but if growth continues like it has, having the luxury of being able to add a 4th park is nice to have.
I don't feel Disney has struggled... they were lazy. They didn't want to invest or they thought they didn't have to. Universal woke them up a bit with Potter. But despite their laziness, their attendance has consistently risen.

Status
Not open for further replies.