Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 526 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Theme Park University rumor that one world in FW will be solely HTTYD is true, what types of rides will it have?

Structurally might it be similar to the KFP land at Universal Beijing?

If the Theme Park University rumor that one world in FW will be solely HTTYD is true, what types of rides will it have?

Structurally might it be similar to the KFP land at Universal Beijing?

It's likely way to early to tell or even guess. I haven't seen any clear rumors (from insiders or otherwise).

There has been some chatter that FW will eventually get a KFP expansion once Beijing's exclusive use of a KFP land ends, so I doubt a land based on HTTYD would be modeled after KFP in Beijing.

I guess Universal and Comcast CEO Dennis Speigel wasn’t right at all when he said we would hear an announcement of a third Universal Orlando Park within 18 months start from October 2017 when the article came out then. I guess it wasn’t totally true. I mean unless you don’t count October we are in May so maybe theirs a chance we will hear Universal Orlando make a official announcement. Or like some of you think after D23 expo event this summer and from what I’ve heard until the hype dies down from the opening of Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge in late May and end of August.

I guess Universal and Comcast CEO Dennis Speigel wasn’t right at all when he said we would hear an announcement of a third Universal Orlando Park within 18 months start from October 2017 when the article came out then. I guess it wasn’t totally true. I mean unless you don’t count October we are in May so maybe theirs a chance we will hear Universal Orlando make a official announcement. Or like some of you think after D23 expo event this summer and from what I’ve heard until the hype dies down from the opening of Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge in late May and end of August.

I'd wager that they are waiting to see what's announced at D23, and will have the announcement ready to roll out as a response. If D23 is a dud, they can announce it a few days later when GE opens at WDW.

I mean, I'd consider addressing it as part of a Town Hall meeting would be more than enough to make a statement. Even if it wasn't meant to be shared publicly, they decided to be a little more open towards those who were at the event.

If they are going to go public about it this year, I don't think they're going to try to top any of D23's 50th Anniversary announcements for WDW. And that if anything, I'd guess it would be announced when they get closer to the point of a more..proper groundbreaking ceremony.

I mean, I'd consider addressing it as part of a Town Hall meeting would be more than enough to make a statement. Even if it wasn't meant to be shared publicly, they decided to be a little more open towards those who were at the event.

If they are going to go public about it this year, I don't think they're going to try to top any of D23's 50th Anniversary announcements for WDW. And that if anything, I'd guess it would be announced when they get closer to the point of a more..proper groundbreaking ceremony.
Well if we don’t hear anything about a third or fourth gate at Universal Orlando after galaxy l’s edge opens both in FL & CA then we can be sure we’ll hear more about Bourne at USF and the JP coaster. Plus if Jurassic Park if it’ll turn into Jurassic World at IOA that hasn’t been confirmed either. Could we hear more about what will replace Kidszone as well?

"Good ideas don’t die at the Walt Disney Company, they simply go into hibernation"
Looks like the same could be said at Universal.

The below is the original plan for Islands of Adventure and what do we see right in the center? A hub and spoke design with what appears to almost be portals into each of the lands!

There is even a stunt show at the back of the park (hello Waterworld is that you?)

upload_2019-5-9_14-55-44.png

Last edited:
"Good ideas don’t die at the Walt Disney Company, they simply go into hibernation"
Looks like the same could be said at Universal.

The below is the original plan for Islands of Adventure and what do we see right in the centre? A hub and spoke design with what appears to almost be portals into each of the lands!

There is even a stunt show at the back of the park (hello Waterworld is that you?)

View attachment 9526
So eerily familiar, even the one large lagoon pond looks like it could end up in the same spot at FW.

Just a blue sky/hypothetical thought...

I believe it's very possible that Comcast's long term goal/vision for Universal Orlando is to "have what Disney has". That is to say, I think they're trying to match the number of dry parks, water parks, and possibly hotels. It's a long way to go obviously and a lot could get in the way (eg global/local economy, company finances, land/rights issues, etc).

If true, Disney's goal would be "stay one step ahead." With that in mind, we could see a theme park expansion war. :) Maybe not as large as the first major Orlando theme park war (from 1989 to 2000), but all indications show it's at least possible. Debatable on if it's likely, but at least a non-zero chance.

[Adding this thought here as opposed to the other thread (Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 2)).]

Reactions: JMalez

I believe it's very possible that Comcast's long term goal/vision for Universal Orlando is to "have what Disney has". That is to say, I think they're trying to match the number of dry parks, water parks, and possibly hotels. It's a long way to go obviously and a lot could get in the way (eg global/local economy, company finances, land/rights issues, etc).

If true, Disney's goal would be "stay one step ahead." With that in mind, we could see a theme park expansion war. :) Maybe not as large as the first major Orlando theme park war (from 1989 to 2000), but all indications show it's at least possible. Debatable on if it's likely, but at least a non-zero chance.

[Adding this thought here as opposed to the other thread (Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 2)).]

We're in the middle of a "Theme Park expansion war". I mean, the types of things we're seeing being built and at the pace they are being built is fairly unprecedented... We're charting new territory.

We're in the middle of a "Theme Park expansion war". I mean, the types of things we're seeing being built and at the pace they are being built is fairly unprecedented... We're charting new territory.
Yes, big time. Fans used to marvel at a new major attraction at Disney or Universal once every four or five, or six, or seven years. Now, if a year goes by without a new D or E ticket at either resort, people get in a panic. Potter sure changed the entire theme park equation, for the better. No Potter, and very little of what we have recently, or in the future witnessing, would ever have happened. Heck, without Potter, Universal might not even be here in Orlando, in this form, today. Comcast supposedly was going to sell off the division as soon as the NBC/Universal transaction was complete. But then, the Potter numbers came in, and everything changed.

So your saying Universal could possibly be up too adding to their parks lineup to match Disney which is currently Universal Studios Florida, IOA, the new water park Volcano Bay not third park, Fantastic Worlds-third Park, a future fourth park to match the 4 dry parks WDW has already. And another water park to match WDW’s 2 water parks? Again this is blue sky like you said. Seriously I must ask again once Fantastic Worlds comes, hotels, a city walk, restaurants I know the expansion land is big but wouldn’t that take over mostly all of it? I really thought Universal Orlando would only have like 30 acres left remaining. which makes me think what if they need to buy more property for a 4th or 5th dry park counting Volcano Bay and a 2nd water park to Volcano Bay.

Or maybe the war has just begun. :) This could be phase 1 (HP expansions, Star Wars, Avatar), with phase 2 being FW and beyond.

I feel like it's possible that Legoland could slowly grow enough to be taken seriously as well (in the next 10-20 years). They have been steadily growing since opening in 2011, with just finishing a nice little Lego Movie expansion, and working on hotel 2.

Last edited:
Reactions: truejonas
I don’t mean to double post but you really think they’re going to wait that long to announce what they’re going to do with Kidszone most likely after the new park opens I mean gosh why would they wait that long?

Just hit 'EDIT' on your original post and then you can update it without needing to double post.

I'd say it is all but certain whatever happens to kidzone will now be either very minor or wait until after FW opens.

Reactions: truejonas
So your saying probably after Walt Disney opens Star Wars galaxy’s edge day in California and Florida Universal will strike back quickly with Bourne, The new JP coaster and possibly JP land Overhaul, Nintendo Land details, fourth park?

I wouldn't bet on it.

Universal simply doesn't announce and hype stuff early. Based on all of the rumored opening dates of the above items, I don't see Universal announcing/detailing anything listed above this year.

I don’t mean to double post but you really think they’re going to wait that long to announce what they’re going to do with Kidszone most likely after the new park opens I mean gosh why would they wait that long?

From Nintendo land (and then not), to Pokemon (and then not), I don't even think Universal has a final locked in plan and timeline of what they doing with Kidszone. Again with the first point, Universal simply doesn't announce things early, especially for something they have changed their minds on so many times and probably don't have a locked in plan for.

Reactions: RFRees
Yes because originally Nintendo was supposed to go their then came the possibly Pokémon rumors to come to Kidszone also possibly bringing Zelda to IOA all those plans are canned yes but what will become of LC and Kidszone will anyone be surprised if they just stay their for the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.