Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 524 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So if your crossing out Terminator what about ghostbusters you don’t see that having a future attraction at a universal Orlando park if ghostbusters does well at HHN? The IP is still popular. And Terminator is relevant why are they coming out with a new film if it’s not relevant. Your sure it’s not coming back to Universal? It would be nice to see them add the female Terminator from the 3rd movie rise of the machines create a cyberdyne systems themed area just my opinion theirs still a lot Terminator fans.

So if your crossing out Terminator what about ghostbusters you don’t see that having a future attraction at a universal Orlando park if ghostbusters does well at HHN? The IP is still popular. And Terminator is relevant why are they coming out with a new film if it’s not relevant. Your sure it’s not coming back to Universal? It would be nice to see them add the female Terminator from the 3rd movie rise of the machines create a cyberdyne systems themed area just my opinion theirs still a lot Terminator fans.
Just because they are making a new movie doesn’t mean it’s culturally relevant. The new park isn’t going to have just stand alone attractions IMO and Ternimator isn’t getting a land. It’s also already had a show and that’s about all that fits the property outside of a shooter. It’s just not a attention grabbing IP.

Ghostbusters isn’t coming either. You gotta start thinking of IPs that can command lands, not stand alone attractions.

Just because they are making a new movie doesn’t mean it’s culturally relevant. The new park isn’t going to have just stand alone attractions IMO and Ternimator isn’t getting a land. It’s also already had a show and that’s about all that fits the property outside of a shooter. It’s just not a attention grabbing IP.

Ghostbusters isn’t coming either. You gotta start thinking of IPs that can command lands, not stand alone attractions.

It’s not even lands alone with this park. It’s lands that compliment each other to generate a world.

You gotta start thinking of IPs that can command lands, not stand alone attractions.

And to think wise, of what IP's in particular, that can do that quite well.

Outside of Monsters; DWA, Nintendo, and Potter are still big IP's (with DWA when clumped together, and not separated; ala' Singapore and Beijing), and all three of those have elements that makes them stand out quite nicely. It also represents as if, a brand image for the park; one that is..more different, than what they have done in the past.

A focus on family (for the most part) properties, that can be accomodating for all audience groups.

I love Game of Thrones, but it’s A) Not really adaptable to a theme park and B) is not a family property suited for theme parks
About A), I can understand that some IPs can more easily translate to theme parks, but if they want to stretch it they could make literally anything into an attraction. Look at Murder She Wrote, Tonight Show, Fear Factor, Aerosmith, and many more which have made something that doesn't normally adapt well into an attraction.

About A), I can understand that some IPs can more easily translate to theme parks, but if they want to stretch it they could make literally anything into an attraction. Look at Murder She Wrote, Tonight Show, Fear Factor, Aerosmith, and many more which have made something that doesn't normally adapt well into an attraction.

All singular attractions, though. if they shell out for the GOT licences you better believe it'd be a land. I don't know if that could be made compelling. But who knows.

Reactions: Porkchop
As much as I like GoT it just doesn't make sense. The main themes in it could be seen as sex (with lots of incest), politics and war. I can't see how any of that would go well in a theme park.

Reactions: truejonas
As much as I like GoT it just doesn't make sense. The main themes in it could be seen as sex (with lots of incest), politics and war. I can't see how any of that would go well in a theme park.

Aww, does that mean I won't be seeing my trade negotiations in SW:GE either?

So disappointed. The council will not stand for this.

(But yes, I totally agree with all you said.)

How does a mechanical vehicle make sense for GOT?

What food and restaurants make sense for GOT? There is nothing GOT specific that I can think of.

Well themed land maybe but it will still just be a generic looking medieval area.

It's a missed opportunity for GOT themed food: Theon's Weiner Shop, Arya's Meat Pies, White King Snow Cones, Jaime's Finger Foods, Red Wedding Banquet Hall?

Nah, I agree, GOT for a theme park makes no sense.

All singular attractions, though. if they shell out for the GOT licences you better believe it'd be a land. I don't know if that could be made compelling. But who knows.
I agree, it's not quite adaptable as a theme park land... But a singular attraction is doable. Just whether the price of ip is right.

I mean, would I be shocked if GoT merch showed up in CityWalk/2.0? Nope. I'm always mildly surprised at the randomness of the merch carts out in CityWalk now.

I could see designers putting nods in if they did create a medieval area, but nothing more than that.

Not posting it on the Expansion thread proper, but TPU is hearing of 2023 being the Target of Universal's Fantastic Worlds.

TPU Exclusive: Universal Orlando Tentative Future Project Timeline Through 2023 - Theme Park University

Additionally, they are hearing of an entertainment complex and a hotel.
Hasn't 2023 been what we've been saying around here recently? Shouldn't come as a surprise.

Jim Hill says as early as 2020.

Others point to 2021 so they compete with Disney World's 50th anniversary.

I'm holding out hope for 2022.

2023 is probably a more realistic guess though.

Any later than that and I'll be sad.

I'm in the camp of 2023 or beyond.

True, but it isn’t scheduled to start until next year. Thinking 2023 for the Kirkman expansion — as well as the new theme park — feels about right to me.

Hasn't 2023 been what we've been saying around here recently? Shouldn't come as a surprise.
Yeah I remember you @Alicia and a few others have always said 2023 that it would be open, and now that we have the palm tree in the middle, maybe we will see the warehouses and offices start to go up in their area, and then cant wait to see it go vertical. Plus now that I live down that way I can't wait to see it all go vertical. Please let there be a Draulas castle, i will cry.

Reactions: Alicia
Yeah I remember you @Alicia and a few others have always said 2023 that it would be open, and now that we have the palm tree in the middle, maybe we will see the warehouses and offices start to go up in their area, and then cant wait to see it go vertical. Plus now that I live down that way I can't wait to see it all go vertical. Please let there be a Draulas castle, i will cry.
Seeing the Kirkman expansion moving ahead of schedule is very reassuring. Some folks have been telling me not to get my hopes up too high, and that 2025 may be the target date. I've been saying 2023 at the earliest recently in articles and videos, but 2023 is feeling more and more like a safe bet now.

Status
Not open for further replies.