Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 525 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought, but the Universals Monters house just announced pretty much confirms plans for a monsters section of the new park. Whether or not it actually makes it to construction, I think this house is designed to give them an idea of how guests will respond.

Just a thought, but the Universals Monters house just announced pretty much confirms plans for a monsters section of the new park. Whether or not it actually makes it to construction, I think this house is designed to give them an idea of how guests will respond.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. It just serves as confirmation that a Monsters house is coming to HHN. Nothing more. Counting the chickens before anything hatches is just going to lead to disappointment.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. It just serves as confirmation that a Monsters house is coming to HHN. Nothing more. Counting the chickens before anything hatches is just going to lead to disappointment.

You're right about it not being 100%, but also that's what makes speculation fun, and I think this gives us a pretty decent clue.

So if guests don't respond would that mean it gets dropped in the new park?

Honestly the whole Universal Monsters IP is something that makes sense since it's a brand they own and want to cash in on (for HHN and/or for a new park), but I don't know that I'd assume there's such a rabid audience for it that it will be any kind of draw or money maker.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
At this point, I can't imagine that they don't have phase 1 of the new park locked down. Rides need R&D time. Designs have to be approved. Ride components need time to to be designed, built and tested. If they are on the verge of starting real construction, they aren't going to wait till October to change a whole section. Not to mention, the target audience for HHN and the new park probably aren't the same.

At this point, I can't imagine that they don't have phase 1 of the new park locked down. Rides need R&D time. Designs have to be approved. Ride components need time to to be designed, built and tested. If they are on the verge of starting real construction, they aren't going to wait till October to change a whole section. Not to mention, the target audience for HHN and the new park probably aren't the same.
Yea, looks to me that Creative just has Universal Monsters on the brain lately—from new merch to new HHN houses, to a rumored theme park land—and that's fine by me!

Well its almost time for the designs to go Public Domain so Universal is trying to lock down those looks while monetizing.

That is sadly valid. Some of the older ones or less popular ones were not renewed, so their copyrights are already in the PD. The next big one up would be the 1931 Dracula, and that should still be good until 2026.

Most of the original Disney ip's where free (Brother Grimm Fairy tails) and it didn't hurt them to build a brand on so I don't see the problem if it's becoming public domain.

The problem is others could then capitalize on those designs such as Disney. Hints why Disney doesn't want Mickey to be public domain so others can't use him.

Excpet when Mark Woodbury wants to kick everyone out to build one of his models....or Transformers ride

Could someone please explain why they weren't originally going to have a house in the parade building in 2012? That topic has come up again with the announcement of UM. We would've lost a house even without Transformers, for some reason.

Could someone please explain why they weren't originally going to have a house in the parade building in 2012? That topic has come up again with the announcement of UM. We would've lost a house even without Transformers, for some reason.
From what I know, a partially constructed Mayan house was in that spot (remember the world ended in 2012, super weird)...Anywho, Universal needed a tax write off and the plans for Transformers were pushed through...I feel like Legacy would know more

I feel Tomb of the Ancients was the spiritual succesor

From what I know, a partially constructed Mayan house was in that spot (remember the world ended in 2012, super weird)...Anywho, Universal needed a tax write off and the plans for Transformers were pushed through...I feel like Legacy would know more

I feel Tomb of the Ancients was the spiritual succesor

From my understanding, the Mayan house was originally planned for the old SS 44, and it was only when that house was scrapped that they made something in the parade building. This implies that they wouldn't have had anything in the parade building if Transformers hadn't broken ground.

From my understanding, the Mayan house was originally planned for the old SS 44, and it was only when that house was scrapped that they made something in the parade building. This implies that they wouldn't have had anything in the parade building if Transformers hadn't broken ground.
Hmm, I've never heard that...But it's possible

That year was all kinds of a mess

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
Because Parade was meant to be dedicated to SuperStar parade. Like it was built for.

Using the parade facilities for houses actually complicates the parades an immense deal.

upload_2019-5-2_21-2-16-png.9496

The minimum scale and level of detail we should expect for each land in this upcoming park.

Status
Not open for further replies.