Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run (DHS)

People seem split on what position is the best. If your ship takes a ton of damage the engineer is the most “active” seat, although you have the worst overall view. Gunners are busy but also pre occupied to pay attention . And pilots have the best view but their interactivity isn’t as exciting as you’d think.

That doesn't sound great to me.

I wouldn’t say it’s “basic”, it will probably be the most interactive ride in the park, but it can’t be “too interactive” as the system wouldnt work.

Found it interesting that the ride actually lasts longer if you do “worse”. If you make it to the end you basically sit in the hangar until the ride is over.

I think the excitement from this ride will be more about the experience of being in a life like falcon vs the thrill factor of the actual ride.

It’s basically what I expected. I think your “crew” and position will greatly determine your enjoyment. Should make re-rides almost essential for most.

Star Tours is not capable of doing the majority of the things this ride will be doing. It's like the Soarin' vs. Flight of Passage debate all over again. Some will never see it as a slight improvement upon an existing ride, others will see it differently.

I'm keeping my expectations for this ride in check certainly, but minimizing it to Star Tours 3.0 is also something i'm not buying into at this point in time.

Another post that didn't age well. Gee, I'm not such loon. This was when I said it was going to be Star Tours 3.0. With the lower height requirement, I question if it's ST 2.5.

Another post that didn't age well. Gee, I'm not such loon. This was when I said it was going to be Star Tours 3.0. With the lower height requirement, I question if it's ST 2.5.
Awww, you saved my post all this time just to try to gloat about being right about a ride you haven’t been on. How cute.

I see Disney learned some things from Universal such as elements of queueless lines

You walk in a (rather long) que of the Batuu hanger. You past by another giant ship that resistance pilots are working on. Kinda looks like a pod racer. You are then split into two groups where and INCREDIBLE Hondo animatronic explains the mission. Then you are assigned a position in the Falcon and get to wait inside it before entering the cockpit. While you wait you can sit with the holographic chess board and take pics of the Porg nests. You are then lead to the cockpit, and I explained the ride sequence in another comment. THIS IS MY IMPRESSION. JUST HAVE GOOD PILOTS. The pilots literally make or break the entire ride for you. If they can’t pilot it and follow the train with the coaxium, you might as well not even wait the 6 hours. The whole experience is basically a high budget Dave and Busters game. I give it a 7/10. The land though; is incredible to look at and you’ll have all the feels when you see the Falcon for the first time.

Awww, you saved my post all this time just to try to gloat about being right about a ride you haven’t been on. How cute.

Actually, someone liked it today, so it popped up in my notifications. Sure didn't go looking for it. Sorry.

:eek:O:

__

It sounds fine. Better than I thought. My only concern, is something mentioned on the DL side.

How the score system works, or there-of, for the various members.

Can't give you a score if you aren't using your smart phone and the playdisney app
maxresdefault.jpg

You have such a strange obsession for hating on this ride. It's truly fascinating.

Lots of impressions floating around the net.

Overall reactions are “positive” but don’t seem overwhelmingly so.

One recent impression is piloting is similar to “Temple Run” . Where you are dodging obstacles on a predetermined path.

I don’t want to get into spoilers , but there is currently only one mission you can take and your actions only change the outcome slightly.

People seem split on what position is the best. If your ship takes a ton of damage the engineer is the most “active” seat, although you have the worst overall view. Gunners are busy but also pre occupied to pay attention . And pilots have the best view but their interactivity isn’t as exciting as you’d think.

Can’t wait to read more impressions...
People need to temper their expectations, in general. This is still a ride. There still has to be a general experience that everyone can participate in. No one should've ever expected to pilot the Falcon freely. They have the challenge to tow a line between making you feel like you're experiencing Star Wars in-universe while making an enjoyable AND interactive ride. Additionally, this ride is probably the most interactive that we've seen yet, from my knowledge. I think people are expecting a video game when they really need to be expecting an interactive ride.

People need to temper their expectations, in general. This is still a ride. There still has to be a general experience that everyone can participate in. No one should've ever expected to pilot the Falcon freely. They have the challenge to tow a line between making you feel like you're experiencing Star Wars in-universe while making an enjoyable AND interactive ride. Additionally, this ride is probably the most interactive that we've seen yet, from my knowledge. I think people are expecting a video game when they really need to be expecting an interactive ride.

Disney fans for years claimed you could crash the Falcon if you piloted it wrong. That if you did poorly then the CMs and characters in the land would know and talk to you about it. And all of it is total BS. Disney fans did this to themselves.

I hope this ride is good, mostly because a disappointing ride in the Falcon would be a huge bummer, as it's the most no-brainer experience for a Star Wars ride. I'll be interested to see what the final interactivity feels like. To me, reading experiences, it sounds like it may be more distracting and limiting than fun, which would be a bummer. I almost wonder if the Mission:Space "interactivity" would have been the better route to take, but I need to ride it in December to see what it's really like

EDIT: In response to Joe above, I am definitely disappointed that it's not fully interactive for the pilots. It would be goofy,sure, but ti'd be fun. I think that could have been cool, but probably unrealistic. I just hope this ride is *fun* at the very least, especially for the people not in the front

Disney fans for years claimed you could crash the Falcon if you piloted it wrong. That if you did poorly then the CMs and characters in the land would know and talk to you about it. And all of it is total BS. Disney fans did this to themselves.
From my understanding there is a scenario in which you can dramatically damage the Falcon. There is a feature in place for Cast Members to know how you did, however. That has been in recent articles. I do agree that all of this hype is on the community though.

Disney fans for years claimed you could crash the Falcon if you piloted it wrong.

I think that claim was more often met with extreme skepticism by most fans, because to believe you could "crash" has always been operationally illogical if you really think it through.

To the extent that anybody may have ever believed this, I put blame on folks like Jim Hill, who floated the notion that "programmers keep crashing the Falcon!" Even though he had to know there was no way that would ever be an option on the final ride.

To me, reading experiences, it sounds like it may be more distracting and limiting than fun

This is my concern.

If I'm stuck as an engineer with terrible pilots and gunners, it sounds like the majority of my ride is going to be focused on flashing lights and switches off to the side, rather than on the "action" view out the front of the cockpit.

I hope this ride is good, mostly because a disappointing ride in the Falcon would be a huge bummer, as it's the most no-brainer experience for a Star Wars ride. I'll be interested to see what the final interactivity feels like. To me, reading experiences, it sounds like it may be more distracting and limiting than fun, which would be a bummer. I almost wonder if the Mission:Space "interactivity" would have been the better route to take, but I need to ride it in December to see what it's really like

EDIT: In response to Joe above, I am definitely disappointed that it's not fully interactive for the pilots. It would be goofy,sure, but ti'd be fun. I think that could have been cool, but probably unrealistic. I just hope this ride is *fun* at the very least, especially for the people not in the front
I'm sure that Disney has taken into account that people who don't know what they're doing/don't speak english/are not interested in participating

Either that or it will be a disaster