Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Attraction Smells

The smell of artificial fog anywhere reminds me immediately of HHN. It’s one of the hallmark smells of the season for me alongside pumpkin and candy.

Is there anyway to figure out exactly what they pump in the air at E.T. to make it smell like that? I’ve only ever been to one place that smelled like E.T. does and it was a Performing Arts Center in Georgia. Never got a chance to talk to the folks that ran it so the mystery continues I guess.

Ok, this is very specific, but there is a certain smell when an attraction is 'new' or just opened

It doesn't matter what attraction it is, Kong had it, as well as Transformers, Gringotts, etc

I also really love the smell of all the Universal Hotels...Sapphire specifically

Ok, this is very specific, but there is a certain smell when an attraction is 'new' or just opened

It doesn't matter what attraction it is, Kong had it, as well as Transformers, Gringotts, etc

I also really love the smell of all the Universal Hotels...Sapphire specifically

I remember visiting DreamWorks Theatre during technical rehearsals that there was a distinct, new attraction smell, probably from the new carpet and upholstery for the seats. The scent waned after only a few months.

I wish Universal & Disney just made their own candles, diffusers, wall plugs, etc. with ride scents. I’d grab an ET scented something literally every time I went to the park.

I’m not sure if they still make it but, to me, the Beach Waves scent from Yankee Candle smells exactly like the Fiji scene in Soarin.

I wish Universal & Disney just made their own candles, diffusers, wall plugs, etc. with ride scents. I’d grab an ET scented something literally every time I went to the park.

I’m not sure if they still make it but, to me, the Beach Waves scent from Yankee Candle smells exactly like the Fiji scene in Soarin.
It's pretty much a meme of a company throughout DisTwitter, but Magic Candle Company is pretty dead on. They have both a Fiji and an ET scent.

It's pretty much a meme of a company throughout DisTwitter, but Magic Candle Company is pretty dead on. They have both a Fiji and an ET scent.
I purchased the Magic Candle ET a couple of months ago. While it's a really good quality candle, it didn't capture the essence of the ET queue, just a small bit like it. I had a special holiday edition Yankee holiday pine scent candle a couple of years back that was much closer to ET. But they didn't carry it this past holiday season.

I got some melts last year from the marketplace in Disney Springs. I don't know if they're officially Disney in the sense but the woman selling them was a Disney employee in a Disney store mentioning where the smells are located around the parks and resorts.

I can't remember all the smells we got but some were based on the Poly, Soarin' and Main Street.

They've all been great and weirdly for Disney, relatively good value IIRC.

Has there been any more word on the diffusers for Aventura?

I purchased the Magic Candle ET a couple of months ago. While it's a really good quality candle, it didn't capture the essence of the ET queue, just a small bit like it. I had a special holiday edition Yankee holiday pine scent candle a couple of years back that was much closer to ET. But they didn't carry it this past holiday season.
I will say that my oil for my oil defused for ET smells dead on. I think that somehow the humidity from the diffuser adds a smell from the diffuser and makes it perfect.

My only dream in this life is have the smell of Flight of Passage in my entire house.

There's a specific scene, when the Banshee flies through the water and a "Avatar whale" (?) appears, damn!!!

My only dream in this life is have the smell of Flight of Passage in my entire house.

There's a specific scene, when the Banshee flies through the water and a "Avatar whale" (?) appears, damn!!!
YES I have smelled that in particular spots around Disney and Universal...It's like a fresh plant smell....I thought a particular plant made it, my thought now is wet soil/whatever fertilizer they use