Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 576 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
“It’ll get worse before it gets better. It’ll get worse before it gets better. It’ll get worse before it gets better...”

I certainly hope so, but if they're truly going with a JW aesthetic makeover, I wouldn't be so certain. The publicly-accessible park areas depicted in the movie are not really filled with lush, dense jungle.

With how popular the photo ops are, gotta imagine they'll be back in some form. Hopefully... :look:

If push comes to shove, they should swap out the Spino for the Rex for the duration of the construction period, and then create a new permanent spot once they finally start filling in the jungle again (assuming that's the plan).

Moving the Spino could work. When they replace it, it definitely has to be set up a good 5 feet higher than they have it now. Kind of a silly gripe, but no way should the JP3 Spino be shorter than Rexy.

Plant Time!!!

The two tall trees on the left in this photo are called Bunya Pines, Araucaria bidwillii and are native to Queensland, Australia. Similar fossils of such trees have been found dating to the actual Jurassic period.

bdbY5Cx.jpg

Photo: Inside Universal

I certainly hope so, but if they're truly going with a JW aesthetic makeover, I wouldn't be so certain. The publicly-accessible park areas depicted in the movie are not really filled with lush, dense jungle.

If push comes to shove, they should swap out the Spino for the Rex for the duration of the construction period, and then create a new permanent spot once they finally start filling in the jungle again (assuming that's the plan).

Maybe replace it with a Gringott's Dragon type deal where the t-rex has limited movement and can do the trademark roar every so often.

I think that's located around where the new hub area will be located for the courtyard, connecting the bypass bridge, and several paths going in multiple directions.
thanks. i'm curious if the entire courtyard will be on raised platform with multiple levels because of the bridge, the water feature, and the area by the waterfront. Like kind of a dock? for some reason i am seeing that working out if they want to use the bridge and side areas for the new projection show.

thanks. i'm curious if the entire courtyard will be on raised platform with multiple levels because of the bridge, the water feature, and the area by the waterfront. Like kind of a dock? for some reason i am seeing that working out if they want to use the bridge and side areas for the new projection show.
I think it will be similar as before, with the area directly connected to Discovery Center up higher than the area along the waterfront, with stairs between them.

Reactions: soilsigh
So I just saw a Jurassic World themed ride vehicle at a fabrications company I deliver to in Rhode Island... Didn't take a picture because I don't want to lose my job.

It had either 12 or 15 seats. I don't remember if it had 3 rows of 5 seats or 3 rows of 4 seats. It was blue and it had the Jurassic park t-rex skeleton type logo on it. On the vehicle were the initials JW (Jurassic World) with random numbers after the initials. It also had headlights. It almost looks like a Spider-Man ride vehicle but slightly bigger. There was several other of these ride vehicles dismantled and being worked on in the building.

I asked a woman who works there if the ride vehicles are for Universal Studios. I knew she wasn't going to say yes or no but I figured what the heck I'll ask anyway. She said she couldn't release that information but she did say they will be shipped far away from Rhode Island.

Anybody know what these ride vehicles are for and why Universal contracts work all the way here in Rhode Island? I posted this in this thread because I didn't know where else to put this plus these ride vehicles may be for this attraction. Anyone have any more info on this?

So I just saw a Jurassic World themed ride vehicle at a fabrications company I deliver to in Rhode Island... Didn't take a picture because I don't want to lose my job.

It had either 12 or 15 seats. I don't remember if it had 3 rows of 5 seats or 3 rows of 4 seats. It was blue and it had the Jurassic park t-rex skeleton type logo on it. On the vehicle were the initials JW (Jurassic World) with random numbers after the initials. It also had headlights. It almost looks like a Spider-Man ride vehicle but slightly bigger. There was several other of these ride vehicles dismantled and being worked on in the building.

I asked a woman who works there if the ride vehicles are for Universal Studios. I knew she wasn't going to say yes or no but I figured what the heck I'll ask anyway. She said she couldn't release that information but she did say they will be shipped far away from Rhode Island.

Anybody know what these ride vehicles are for and why Universal contracts work all the way here in Rhode Island? I posted this in this thread because I didn't know where else to put this plus these ride vehicles may be for this attraction. Anyone have any more info on this?

I believe that's for Beijing.

Could be for Beijing...

Reactions: Alicia
Will they with Transformers in the same park?
Maybe, since they have a Transformers land with the Hulk coaster re-done as a Transformers coaster, I would assume so... but maybe this will be more live action, with dino AAs, so less like Transformers 3D...

Plus, we have Spider-Man, and Transformers in Orlando (granted two different parks, but I treat them pretty much as one park).

Reactions: allaboutthatchase
Status
Not open for further replies.