Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have talked about a new planter going in between Jurassic queue and SNW before but from this angle it looks like a whole new building? Maintenance shed or something else?

It looks like a truck loading/unloading bay. I know the old one was at the end of the path with the restrooms, but it was probably removed for SNW construction.

Definitely like the change to potential IRex Doors or whatever that window is that now sits where the Jeep fell.

Agreed on many thoughts though its weird to still have have it sit next to the Raptor Paddock.

I hope there is clever details we cant see yet that blends this into the updated JW story of the ride.

Oh I know (I think I remember reading they actually use magnets to slow it down). Its just such a shock to see it -- and I imagine it might be a wee bit more uncomfortable a stop
I seem to remember they changed it a few years back, as the Hollywood version doesn't benefit from the extra "track" before it starts to curve towards the unload.

Have we talked about there being a new tiki bar on the second floor, above the old Jurassic Cafe? Starting to seem like a real possibility based on what people are saying. I’d love it!
Me too! I’d love something different in there. From early sneaks, it looks like the area will remain mostly the same, but uniquely different. Hopefully they find new ways to utilize previously untouched spaces.

What I'm liking a lot is, what looks like, a large addition to foliage throughout the ride. Even just hearing a raptor, dilo or Indominous Rex right next to you through thick jungle foliage would make this ride that much more intense.
I hate that i keep misreading "dilo" for "Dildo." Also, bwahahaahhahah, in the foliage!

Any ideas on an opening date for the attraction ?
I would look to June. Something like June 10th - 20th or something... Although we are getting close to completion, there is still painting and pavement work to be done as well as some small structures still being built. It's probably going to be a July 4th grand opening or something along those lines. Lastly, it looks like there is a section near were the Dilos used to be that needs to be enclosed.

Status
Not open for further replies.