Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

MIB: Alien Attack Revamp?

I think it looks fine! I'm expecting it to bomb, however, which could have extremely unfortunate consequences for the ride.

Then again, perhaps Universal's apparent "hands off" approach to USF for the next few years will allow the ride a much longer reprieve!

Remove the lame 'shoot em up' aspect of the attraction.

Bring in some trackless carts and modify the ride as a ride through the city. It does have some fantastic themeing.

This would partly help solve the issue of 'too many screen attractions'.

MIB has no screens so that wouldn’t do anything to that issue. Also being a shooter is what makes it great.

Exactly my point - it has no screens. Hence it's an attraction that has physical aspects to it, that isn't contributing to the screen fatigue issue.

They could easily tweek it and make it a stand alone ride through. I've never enjoyed the shoot em up aspect of it, or any other rides of that ilk.

Exactly my point - it has no screens. Hence it's an attraction that has physical aspects to it, that isn't contributing to the screen fatigue issue.

They could easily tweek it and make it a stand alone ride through. I've never enjoyed the shoot em up aspect of it, or any other rides of that ilk.
it is very much a stand alone ride.

giphy.gif

My final word on this - the shoot em up is just not needed. It actually detracts you from the great theming - which is some of the best in Orlando.

It would be akin to Haunted Mansion, or Pirates of The Caribbean putting in a 'shoot em up' aspect to the ride. Just not needed.

Trackless ride. Add some aspects to it, and it would be enjoyable.

In my opinion the shoot them up portion of the ride system integrates directly with the theme and the story of the ride: a test run for potential MIB agents. To remove that is to remove the variability of the experience and then it just becomes another routine dark ride through the streets of New York as aliens shoot at you.

My final word on this - the shoot em up is just not needed. It actually detracts you from the great theming - which is some of the best in Orlando.

It would be akin to Haunted Mansion, or Pirates of The Caribbean putting in a 'shoot em up' aspect to the ride. Just not needed.

Trackless ride. Add some aspects to it, and it would be enjoyable.

One problem with that is that its general slow moving as a shooter. You'd first need to speed it up to make it interesting, which would drastically shorten the ride. I cant really see it being that inetersting riding through the streets looking at alien cutouts everywhere.

It's arguably the best ride of it's kind. Only reason it has lasted this long is the shooting aspect. Basically infinite rerideability. It is a bummer when they trim staff and go down to one side operation, completely defeats the purpose of the ride.

You are then negating the point of many attractions around Disney and Universal - who offer nothing but a ride through a scene, or sequence and yet are hugely popular. Namely, Peter Pan, Pirates, etc

You are then negating the point of many attractions around Disney and Universal - who offer nothing but a ride through a scene, or sequence and yet are hugely popular. Namely, Peter Pan, Pirates, etc
The building and sets are designed as a massive shooting gallery, where as the rides you mentioned weren't. Remove the shooting portion, and you're simply riding through a shooting gallery.

The building and sets are designed as a massive shooting gallery, where as the rides you mentioned weren't. Remove the shooting portion, and you're simply riding through a shooting gallery.

I didn't say leave it as it is. You would need to work on the attraction to accomodate it as a trackless ride. But there is enough there for it not be a major rebuild.

If the new MIB movie is successful do you think Universal will Update this ride?

Universal? Maybe. If it the film is successful I could see Sony stipulating that for universal to continue to use the brand they’d need to adapt to the newer characters/story.