Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

Does anyone know if this is something one can experience without purchasing afterwards? And the other way around, can a guest avoid this experience but buy the same saber?

Ahhh gotcha. Still believe it’s far too much for the experience.

I agree, at least after the initial rush. Just saying Disney not blindsiding anyone. Also means they can schedule the bare minimum number of Wandkeepers needed.

Interestingly, limited to two people max--one must be over 14. So Mom or Dad going to be the odd man out.

Does anyone know if this is something one can experience without purchasing afterwards? And the other way around, can a guest avoid this experience but buy the same saber?

Everything I've seen indicates you pay up front--so technically you're purchasing before. Think Bippity Boppity Botique. As to the second part, I think they will have replica lightsabers for sale, but the whole point of this experience is the customization, I imagine the custom parts will be limited to this shop.

I’m very behind on the lightsaber thing. Is there a show or experience involved? Or is it basically the build-your-own-lightsaber experience that Disney Springs has (with bins of parts you grab from)

Wowza that’s early

Getting up at 5 am while on vacation. Woof.

Agree. Now if only there was an on-site hotel right next to SWGE, with direct access and perhaps was SWars themed. Oh wait... ;-)

I wonder if they’ll keep the on-site hotel perk on some days, even when SW hotel opens

(Not that I’ll ever get to stay in the SW hotel, but SWGE land does look amazing)

Just a thought...do you think that a reservation system is still in the cards for the Orlando opening? I could see them implementing it once they “test” the area in DL.

I really think without it, the land with be just way too crowded.

Just a thought...do you think that a reservation system is still in the cards for the Orlando opening? I could see them implementing it once they “test” the area in DL.

I really think without it, the land with be just way too crowded.

Someone else pointed out that it's not likely as Orlando has more hotel capacity than the land has operating capacity. All of the reservations would go to hotel guests, and even then, there'd not be enough reservations.

Someone else pointed out that it's not likely as Orlando has more hotel capacity than the land has operating capacity. All of the reservations would go to hotel guests, and even then, there'd not be enough reservations.

This is no different then how the fast pass system currently works.

Some of the early reviews haven't been earth shattering, which is disappointing.

They haven’t been negative either, in fact I haven’t read one negative review yet. I think the Falcon ride is exactly what most expected. It’s not a “game changer”, but it will still be extremely popular.
The land has gotten even more glowing reviews and is probably the real star for now. Once Rise opens it will be a different story.