Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

Ya the zone tied to a house Ip seems like a waste

Alright let’s narrow this one down:

ST - Just makes no sense, would be a crowd nightmare.
GB - Maybe, if Zombie-land isn’t in NY. If it is then I don’t see it working anywhere else.
Uni Monsters - Basically was already done back in 25 with Double Feature.
Klowns - A larger zone in Hollywood to tie into the house location? Maybe, but even with that issue it got received well enough where I don’t think it’s that much an issue.
HOTC - Makes nada sense unless you’re tying it into Devil’s Rejects / 3 From Hell / other RZ stuff I guess. Seems odd though.

Alright let’s narrow this one down:

ST - Just makes no sense, would be a crowd nightmare.
GB - Maybe, if Zombie-land isn’t in NY. If it is then I don’t see it working anywhere else.
Uni Monsters - Basically was already done back in 25 with Double Feature.
Klowns - A larger zone in Hollywood to tie into the house location? Maybe, but even with that issue it got received well enough where I don’t think it’s that much an issue.
HOTC - Makes nada sense unless you’re tying it into Devil’s Rejects / 3 From Hell / other RZ stuff I guess. Seems odd though.

I think GB and Klownz have the best chance of being scare zones of the IP houses.

Im glad to finally see some scarezone spec! Houses are my main love but with the line up coming out so early I’m realizing it’s fun to spec on scarezones since they are little harder to know everything about so early hahaha

Also as long as chainsaws aren’t clown themed again (yes I know last year was “carnies” but...)

Or mechanic themed, hahaha

I think GB and Klownz have the best chance of being scare zones of the IP houses.

My thing is though, I feel like both of those would be received somewhat well. And we have two quotes now that symbolize to me that it's an IP tie in that isn't as desired.

Im glad to finally see some scarezone spec! Houses are my main love but with the line up coming out so early I’m realizing it’s fun to spec on scarezones since they are little harder to know everything about so early hahaha

Also as long as chainsaws aren’t clown themed again (yes I know last year was “carnies” but...)

Or mechanic themed, hahaha

I'd expect them to always be clown-themed as long as they're in Springfield, not much you can do there.

Yeah there has been much changes to that chainsaw group since probably 2013 with the Walking Dead survivors camp after that it's been chainsaw gangs and then ended up being chainsaw clown for the remainder, although yes it still fits in that area, its too bad that we won't have Treehouse of Horror zone anytime soon.

Yeah there has been much changes to that chainsaw group since probably 2013 with the Walking Dead survivors camp after that it's been chainsaw gangs and then ended up being chainsaw clown for the remainder, although yes it still fits in that area, its too bad that we won't have Treehouse of Horror zone anytime soon.
2016 wasn’t. But I’m actually not sure what the theme for them was that year...I remember Geishas and cheerleaders.

If there is a Viking themed involved in CP, I hope they have it be something vs. the dead you know, something inspired by Army Of Darkness, since we'd never get that house, it would be really cool for Universal to tackle that idea and use it for an original scarezone, unless taking somethings from 27's The Fallen and incorporating that into the zone.

I forgot about that, yeah it was Cheerleaders in Springfield and the Geishas from RUN being used by the Transformers area, there was also believe the Pumpkins being used as well.

Springfield had cheerleaders and “bubbas” (hillbillys) and south street has geishas and pumpkins / scarecrows

I know they weren’t the “best” but it was nice to have something different. I don’t care if it “matches” Springfield honestly I’m just soooo over clowns lol

Springfield had cheerleaders and “bubbas” (hillbillys) and south street has geishas and pumpkins / scarecrows

I know they weren’t the “best” but it was nice to have something different. I don’t care if it “matches” Springfield honestly I’m just soooo over clowns lol
How do you feel about Klowns?

Love the idea of HOTC being a maze, with the accompanying sc of devils / 3 from hell!

If I had to guess, I think the SC tying in with the house will be KK. It seems like last year, Universal just had lots of fun with the zone, even in such a small area. Bigger area means bigger sets, projections etc. I do agree that it would be a little wasteful, but if it has to be one of them, then I would love it to be KK.

Last edited by a moderator:
here's our updated speculation map (with scarezones now)
D7cuB0BW0AIUoSM

here's our updated speculation map (with scarezones now)
D7cuB0BW0AIUoSM

Anarchade screams IP stand zone. I’m shocked that it’s Rob Zombie getting a zone though, I think it fits best but it’s just surprising. Guessing we’ll see Dragula, Devil’s Rejects, and 3 From Hell in there. Likely no Myers and 2007 Laurie though since that’s under Dimension Films/Lantern Media. Plastic Surgery actually seems like a decent and ironic zone for Hollywood though