Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Future of Toon Lagoon

A highly themed TMNT area certainly has a place in a theme park. Other than that, I agree.

Then again Hot Tub Time Machine Land and Zoolander Land would be pretty great.

A hot tub time machine land with BTTF, Jaws, Kongfrontation, etc would be some people's wet dream.

The area of Toon Lagoon is definetly outdated but the attractions are fantastic! I think the weakest island is definetly LC. It doesn’t even have a ride. Just a really cringy show.

The area of Toon Lagoon is definetly outdated but the attractions are fantastic! I think the weakest island is definetly LC. It doesn’t even have a ride. Just a really cringy show.
An overlay of TL would do wonders I feel...But from everhything I've heard, Popeye/Boop merch sells well, the rides are well liked, and it is recognizable enough to somewhat relevant

LC, although a neat idea, suffers without the Merlin Woods section

An overlay of TL would do wonders I feel...But from everhything I've heard, Popeye/Boop merch sells well, the rides are well liked, and it is recognizable enough to somewhat relevant

LC, although a neat idea, suffers without the Merlin Woods section

Can't say how badly I wish they had been able to remove one of the stores (Dervish and Banges? Zonko's?) and push the entrance just a little bit back...

Of course, that still leaves HE, and the Dragons incident probably would've still happened. :(

Can't say how badly I wish they had been able to remove one of the stores (Dervish and Banges? Zonko's?) and push the entrance just a little bit back...

Of course, that still leaves HE, and the Dragons incident probably would've still happened. :(
Merlin Woods was cool, but I feel that's nostalgia talking

Financially speaking, it probably would have made more sense for them to take more of LC, not less.

I hope Toon Lagoon never leaves.

On a somewhat related note, does Bullwinkle ever do meet and greets anymore? A cast member recently told me that he’s only out during very crowded times nowadays, but I haven’t seen him at all in ages.

Toon Lagoon is especially great on a hot day. We dress for the ride's wetness, and ride Popeye, Dudley, and JPRA in JP multiple times. The day we spent last week, in oppressive heat, riding the water rides was our most fun day in the park....by far. What a blast. ..And we're not young people either.....And we always get a kick out of the comics scenes....and the many, many people, of all ages, that do photo ops with them.

Toon Lagoon is especially great on a hot day. We dress for the ride's wetness, and ride Popeye, Dudley, and JPRA in JP multiple times. The day we spent last week, in oppressive heat, riding the water rides was our most fun day in the park....by far. What a blast. ..And we're not young people either.....And we always get a kick out of the comics scenes....and the many, many people, of all ages, that do photo ops with them.
The heat has certainly been extreme of late so I’m sure water rides felt great :lol:

The heat has certainly been extreme of late so I’m sure water rides felt great :lol:
First trip ever to Florida with nary a trace of clouds or rain....but hot hot. I can't imagine being there this week with those mid to high 90 temps. When we got out of the car to get gas in Savannah yesterday, the 100 degree temperature smacked us right in the face. :lol:

First trip ever to Florida with nary a trace of clouds or rain....but hot hot. I can't imagine being there this week with those mid to high 90 temps. When we got out of the car to get gas in Savannah yesterday, the 100 degree temperature smacked us right in the face. :lol:
This is the worst time of the year in terms of heat. Right before the Summer rainy season, but it’s still extremely hot and the humidity only makes it worse. Yesterday was 97 with a feels like temp of 105 at one point.

This is the worst time of the year in terms of heat. Right before the Summer rainy season, but it’s still extremely hot. Yesterday was 97 with a feels like temp of 105 at one point.
We come every year at this time, plus Fall. Hottest weather I can recall. No clouds to cut the sun's rays. We spent a 'lot' of time in the RP and CBBR pools. :lol: