1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Future of Toon Lagoon

Discussion in 'Islands of Adventure' started by Galaxy Defender, May 4, 2016.

1. yankees13

yankees13 Veteran Member

Yeah, Dudley used to be my favorite ride in the park when I was younger. Now, not so much. Getting in and out of the boats if you’re not a kid is a total chore. And every year I see that they do a refurb in the offseason, but every year it looks like it’s in worse shape than the previous year.

And someone brought up a few posts ago about limiting the capacity per boat. I actually thought about this too. But I go in the summer, it’s consistently a 90 minute wait and sometimes reaches capacity in the middle of the day. I have Express and wait no more than 20 minutes. But limiting the capacity per boat would be a nightmare for overall capacity.

Scott W. likes this.
  2. Scott W.

Scott W. Premium Member

I can't remember the last time I went on it Dudley that the full length of the station was being fully used but I've not been in the peak summer in over a decade. If they can get the boats dispatched quicker, it could maybe work and the only way to dispatch boats quicker is to have more boats loading simultaneously and hoping that having more room in the boat with 4 guests instead of 5 will allow for quicker entry and exit.

3. shiekra38

shiekra38 Veteran Member

After prior inspection Mack Rides seems to have been the manufacturer of Dudley...I'm sure they could come up with a better log design

4. Sideshow Bob

Sideshow Bob Newcomer

Yeah the logs are extremely uncomfortable. Even as a muscular guy it's no fun getting out of the logs.

5. Sideshow Bob

Sideshow Bob Newcomer

But I think if they had to re theme toon lagoon I would go with half of it being rugrats and the other half sponge bob. The area from marvel up to popeye could become rugrats themed and the rest including popeye and dudley can become spongebob.

6. CyborgDinosaur

CyborgDinosaur Newcomer

I liked Rugrats when I was a kid, but I think the franchise has been dead for at least a decade. I don't think kids today would recognize it at all. It's almost as culturally obsolete as most of the IPs in Toon Lagoon, and as such would be a poor choice for a replacement.

7. Nick

Nick Staff Member Moderator

Rugrats is actually getting rebooted, but either way, I agree it isn’t a good theme park property nor culturally relevant.

Coolbfitz likes this.
  8. TheCodeMan95

TheCodeMan95 Rookie

As a relatively-in-decent-shape 23 year old, I dread having to get in and out of the Dudley logs. I have kind of figured out a method of getting out fairly easily, but every single time I worry that it won't work. Lol.

RFRees and Scott W. like this.
  9. GAcoaster

GAcoaster Veteran Member

10. quinnmac000

quinnmac000 Veteran Member

Dudley was much easier when they didn’t have the safety restraints that are in now

11. shiekra38

shiekra38 Veteran Member

And scarier haha

I do hope they consider new boats down the road...I can't imagine someone hasn't slipped getting into them