Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Future of Toon Lagoon

If it were up to me I would swap out Dudley and some of the characters in Too Lagoon. I would keep Popeye. He’s still popular and recognizable.

If the land is going to stay as generalized "cartoons" (like it pretty much is), than I think SpongeBob as a straight retheme of RipSaw is a simple revitalization that could really drive traffic. The best part is, tonally, the humor is similar - that allows some of the sightgags (especially the signs) to remain in place.

If the land is going to stay as generalized "cartoons" (like it pretty much is), than I think SpongeBob as a straight retheme of RipSaw is a simple revitalization that could really drive traffic. The best part is, tonally, the humor is similar - that allows some of the sightgags (especially the signs) to remain in place.

Spongebob would be the best fit. But, Universal is content with a Spongebob themed store at the studios park. Personally, I think the days of Universal using third party cartoons for rides are over. Now Uni owns Illumination and Dreamworks. They don’t need to rely on 3rd party popular animated IPs. Universal literally had nothing pre-illumination and dreamworks except Woody woodpecker, curious George, land before time, and Fievel. This is why UO has Popeye, Dudley, Suess, and The Simpson’s. All licensed animated IPs. Once Comcast decides that it’s time to change all these rides they will most likely be illumination or dreamworks IPs. Again this is all subjective. There are still exceptions to the rule. Hello Kitty, Mario, and Pokemon. I think unless it’s a mega huge IP that screams money than Universal won’t bother.

I wish they replace the logs with the Spash Mountain ones.
My body just can't get in and out of that thing anymore.
I have issues with them as well. My legs are long and last time I rode the woman in front of me jammed her elbows into my legs since my legs have go around the sides of the seat in front of me.

I have issues with them as well. My legs are long and last time I rode the woman in front of me jammed her elbows into my legs since my legs have go around the sides of the seat in front of me.
Did you buy her dinner first?

I loved to ride it but after I got arthritis there is no way I can ride it. There was a time there where no dividers and you sat snugly against someone else's crotch and that was weird but at least you had space to get up out of the vehicle.
So please Universal level the ride and build a new flume log ride with a great story and theming and the right ride vehicles.

Popeye is a perfect rapids ride so I’d rather they don’t attempt to change it. Dudley looks great externally but I’d love it if they sort the inside parts out.

I don’t know how much Popeye as an IP adds to the overall experience. It’s easily the best rapids ride I’ve ever been on and I think an overlay would make it just as good if not better.

I loved to ride it but after I got arthritis there is no way I can ride it. There was a time there where no dividers and you sat snugly against someone else's crotch and that was weird but at least you had space to get up out of the vehicle.
So please Universal level the ride and build a new flume log ride with a great story and theming and the right ride vehicles.

Even I struggle to get out of the boats as a relatively young and healthy adult. It was so dangerous before though. I almost broke my mums nose on it not long after it opened.

I wish they replace the logs with the Spash Mountain ones.
My body just can't get in and out of that thing anymore.
Their has got to be a solution to this issue....The boats are hard to get in and out of for everyone I feel, especially when they added the lapbars

Just curious, who manufactured Dudley? Was is an Arrow log flume?

Their has got to be a solution to this issue....The boats are hard to get in and out of for everyone I feel, especially when they added the lapbars

Just curious, who manufactured Dudley? Was is an Arrow log flume?

Maybe reducing the boat capacity to 4 people?