Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion News (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible this may be partially security driven? With newish laws in Florida on protecting schools and Dr Phillips HS appears very spread out. There is currently a debate here (Jacksonville) about adding a half cent sales tax to fund replacing over 35 schools. Some of the reasons are maintenance and age related but they in some cases are harder/more expensive to protect as well.

Is it possible this may be partially security driven? With newish laws in Florida on protecting schools and Dr Phillips HS appears very spread out. There is currently a debate here (Jacksonville) about adding a half cent sales tax to fund replacing over 35 schools. Some of the reasons are maintenance and age related but they in some cases are harder/more expensive to protect as well.

Well we do not even have any confirmation so... let's not get too far off the speculation.

Most Central Florida High Schools are the same in that they are very spread out. At least the ones I’ve been to/seen in the Orlando and Tampa.

Last edited:
If this land would be bought by Universal I could see them put hotels on there but I have a hard time to think they would expand the parks in any meaningful way. The current parks are nice full day parks and I rather have them update these parks and expand within their boundaries as they have been doing for some time now.

Ya my first thought was offices or a gigantic new hotel. Man Im loving Uni rn though, really fun investing in a company that continues to invest and grown themselves.

Hang on, before we jump the gun and fill up pages with speculation, do we trust this guy's word? Has he given out info that turned out to be true in the past?

Bit of a tosser, really.

But he only posts info from solid sources. E.g. his favorite bar getting a Beauty & the Beast overlay. Unfortunately, sometimes solid sources think Freddy Krueger was the killer in Halloween, but for the most part I think he's been fairly accurate.

Also~ where do they build the new school that’s in the same zone?

County-owned land south of the elementary school.

I don't see this happening... but, has anyone seen much progress at the south site in recent months?

Yes, actually. Can't drive in the area without getting caught behind a dump truck.

To stress, everything other than demolition/relocation is pure speculation. UOR is the 800-pound gorilla in the neighborhood, so wouldn't surprise me they have a hand in this, but could be residential, could be other hotels ... could be this is a SuperFund site and nothing is going in there. I have no clue why this is being done, I just have every confidence they county is going forward with it.

Last edited:
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. We don't even know if anything is actually happening with the school. If something does happen though, I agree it would be huge.

Fair, but minus this new potential land or not my feelings stay the same :)

Ya my first thought was offices or a gigantic new hotel. Man Im loving Uni rn though, really fun investing in a company that continues to invest and grown themselves.

I'd put a very large amount of money that if something is happening here and it does involve Universal, that whatever happens on the land the school currently sits on will not be guest facing.

That being said, being able to move and reconfigure everything that's between IoA and USF back there would open up a treasure trove of possibilities

I'd put a very large amount of money that if something is happening here and it does involve Universal, that whatever happens on the land the school currently sits on will not be guest facing.

That being said, being able to move and reconfigure everything that's between IoA and USF back there would open up a treasure trove of possibilities
Oh, of course whatever would happen on the land wouldn't be for guests. They'd very likely move offices, parking, etc so that they can expand both parks in a way they've wanted too but never been able too because of land restrictions. They could also use this as a staging area.

I could see extra parking for TMs, that's it. But the school is so large that I could see them build a new office for Creative that's more purpose built. They are pretty stretched out around Orlando, I'm sure they want to be in one building and closer to UPR HQ.

Trying to look at aerials of the resort, I can't tell which is backstage and which are part of "Production central" or whatever the DM, Rip Ride Rocket, and Fallon areas are called. I know we're getting bit ahead of ourselves but Im curious where even potential expansion plots may be. Im sure someone here may have better insight?

Trying to look at aerials of the resort, I can't tell which is backstage and which are part of "Production central" or whatever the DM, Rip Ride Rocket, and Fallon areas are called. I know we're getting bit ahead of ourselves but Im curious where even potential expansion plots may be. Im sure someone here may have better insight?

The main area to look at, is behind Mummy, Diagon, F&F, and the Hogwarts Express track.

Status
Not open for further replies.