Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 375 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
A GoT scare zone would be a logistical nightmare with the amount of people wanting photos with characters from the show.
Wouldn't be any better in a maze. In Hollywood, the ST maze was a total log jam with people standing around and trying to get selfies and stuff, it sucked. I did the maze I think five times, in total, and only during the last couple times was I able to experience the maze seamlessly. GoT would be just as bad, if not worse, which is just one of the reasons I really hope it doesn't happen. It would signify the end of Horror Nights as we know it, IMO.

I just don’t see Us being the major IP this is been made out to be - especially to drop an original maze whilst it has already been developed. It was a great film don’t get me wrong, but I just can’t see it happening.
I hear what you mean, it just feels like somethings are sorta just drawing back to it coming you know, if it is then they may have gotten a last minute chance, if it doesn't, I really hope Universal had found a loophole to bring IT to the event now that WB has stepped back this year or hopefully Creepshow and hoping it is a shared ip with Hollywood.

I just don’t see Us being the major IP this is been made out to be - especially to drop an original maze whilst it has already been developed. It was a great film don’t get me wrong, but I just can’t see it happening.

I mean...

Best ever opening for a horror film not based on existing franchises
Third best horror opening overall I believe just under IT and Halloween 2018.
Critical and commercial success in general

Totally agree that they probably wouldn't drop an original for Us, but for different reasons: I was watching our big end of the year show at our university and they were referencing Us in comedy sketches. In terms of Box Office, it was the biggest debut for an original horror movie ever.

Meanwhile, Get Out got a namedrop in a silly romcom this year, two years after its debut. People are still saying "Now you're in the sunken place."

I think Us is huge, and there just isn't any urgency to bring it this year when Get Out has already proven it has culturally longevity. They can bring it next year, it's not like people are going to forget it.

EDIT: Actually, funny thought, what if Universal is angling Lupita for a best actress nomination for the Oscars? It might be unlikely given the fact that Queen & Slim seems to have the more conventional Oscar-friendly actress role, but I can def see Lupita picking something up at the Golden Globes and maybe getting momentum enough for a nomination.

If she gets a nomination, then they can do the house whenever.

Last edited:
Wouldn't be any better in a maze. In Hollywood, the ST maze was a total log jam with people standing around and trying to get selfies and stuff, it sucked. I did the maze I think five times, in total, and only during the last couple times was I able to experience the maze seamlessly. GoT would be just as bad, if not worse, which is just one of the reasons I really hope it doesn't happen. It would signify the end of Horror Nights as we know it, IMO.

Mmm, I can only speak for Orlando. Did the ST house plenty of times and not once had any issues with selfies or pace etc, guess it could be down to the different sub-cultures of the two/three events.

Mmm, I can only speak for Orlando. Did the ST house plenty of times and not once had any issues with selfies or pace etc, guess it could be down to the different sub-cultures of the two/three events.
As much as Hollywood and ours looked cool, I had to give it to Singapore, they did an awesome job with their house, they've been upping the levels of their event and in awesome waves, it's strange that they aren't sharing the ip with us this year, unless they wanted it as a one time thing and move on to other things.

Reactions: cmoorin
I mean...

Best ever opening for a horror film not based on existing franchises
Third best horror opening overall I believe just under IT and Halloween 2018.
Critical and commercial success in general
Wow, did not know those statistics. Maybe it just didn’t feel as big of a deal here in the UK, I’m not sure. Certainly didn’t feel as talked about as films like Hereditary and Halloween 2018 was. But maybe I’m wrong of course!

Here's the newest map, borrowed from HNN, since no one else posted it yet
IvU86ur.png
Off topic and late on this, but it feels really good to finally see the actual Ghostbusters logo on the map :)

Wow, did not know those statistics. Maybe it just didn’t feel as big of a deal here in the UK, I’m not sure. Certainly didn’t feel as talked about as films like Hereditary and Halloween 2018 was. But maybe I’m wrong of course!

Yeh, Jordan Peele (and also most Blumhouse movies) is much, much bigger in America than anywhere else, at least box office wise.

Speaking of Hereditary though, is that ever gonna be in the cards? I'd love to see it at HHN some day.

Yeh, Jordan Peele (and also most Blumhouse movies) is much, much bigger in America than anywhere else, at least box office wise.

Speaking of Hereditary though, is that ever gonna be in the cards? I'd love to see it at HHN some day.

I love Hereditary as a movie, but I gotta be honest, most of the fear from that movie doesn’t translate very well to a house imo. How do you make that scene flow naturally in a house? I’m sure there are ways to do it but it isn’t my first choice.

I love Hereditary as a movie, but I gotta be honest, most of the fear from that movie doesn’t translate very well to a house imo. How do you make that scene flow naturally in a house? I’m sure there are ways to do it but it isn’t my first choice.

I was actually thinking alot about that scene. Probably, the easiest way is to just see the aftermath. Enter a facade of the house, go into the mother's studio like the opening of the movie, then transition outside to a little tableau with Charlie's head and the crashed car. Have Annie in the background screaming "CHARLIEEEEEEEE" just over and over again. Then, back into the house for the rest of the maze.

Another random idea that popped into my head: a hallway in the house with screens at the windows showing the world zipping by, almost like the house is moving like the car. Have a Charlie actor sticking her head out the window, tryna get breath, and when people pass by, she can hit a trigger that triggers a blackout in the hallway (sorta like Sinister in 2017) and she can jump out at people passing by, revealing she doesn't have a head. That's probably too hoakey, though.

It's a good point about the whole movie though, it's an odd choice. Still, I really want it to fill out a Cult classic slot one of these years, because it is one of my favorite new horrors.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
alright, im gonna speak out from someone who has never seen a GOT episode, but what maze material will be in it? i mean sure, white walkers, wolves, and maybe a dragon...but what else? is there any big moments in the show that can translate into a haunt?
I've never watched it either but I know of the Red Wedding and assume that might be a fit.