Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride

Just looked at ride of the resistance opening dates and they make me laugh comparing that to Jurassic worlds opening date

Man Jurassic world could officially open in two weeks but it hasn't been announced, and ROTR opening has already been announced 6 months in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Just looked at ride of the resistance opening dates and they make me laugh comparing that to Jurassic worlds opening date

Man Jurassic world could officially open in two weeks but it hasn't been announced, and ROTR opening has already been announced 6 months in advance

Please refrain from double posting.. Thanks!

I’m curious for anyone who’s gotten the chance to actually ride it- how dark is inside T Rex Kingdom portion? Like for instance, in a lot of the POVs it looks like the Indo head comes down out of pitch blackness, but in the Inside Universal POVs (which are great btw) you can kind of see some theming with possible rock work and vegetation in that scene. Is it really near darkness in between the first part with the dilo by the tree and the finale scene?

I’m curious for anyone who’s gotten the chance to actually ride it- how dark is inside T Rex Kingdom portion? Like for instance, in a lot of the POVs it looks like the Indo head comes down out of pitch blackness, but in the Inside Universal POVs (which are great btw) you can kind of see some theming with possible rock work and vegetation in that scene. Is it really near darkness in between the first part with the dilo by the tree and the finale scene?
It’s pitch black for about 5 seconds after the raptor from the ceiling. It’s dark enough to not see behind the animatronics after the lights come back on. You’re kind of far away from the Indom to see behind him and knowing full well where the Rex was, I liked that he was near impossible to see through the dark. It was also dark enough to not really tell the second raptor was Blue.

At the park now but I am leaving at 1 pm :/ . Maybe 2 if I push it.

I was going to come in December but the news of the date of Rise ride opening earlier in Orlando i think i’ll just move my flights. Really hoping I get to ride JW even if its not complete but theres always 2020 lol

I posted before, the IndoRex is missing its body, idk if its just the skin or the actually body. But I heard they are adding it in december for the yearly refurbishment they do. So as far as we know, grand opening is july 22, along with a media event july 17th or something. Anything else they add Would be a surprise to me.

Only saying this from a trip to POV vids, but I'm kinda glad we're all trying to be reasonable about the ride though. I know people in YouTube comments have a rep for being huge jerks, but holy moly, am I seeing a lot of these people being rude about the placement of the dlilos and stuff in the comments of POV vids.

Only saying this from a trip to POV vids, but I'm kinda glad we're all trying to be reasonable about the ride though. I know people in YouTube comments have a rep for being huge jerks, but holy moly, am I seeing a lot of these people being rude about the placement of the dlilos and stuff in the comments of POV vids.
and one of the main reasons if you want a good true review of an attraction, pay the most attention to our knowledgeable posters on IU. You Tube, Twitter and the rest of social media is filled with people that have no idea what they're talking about, have an ax to grind, or are just down and out strange.

5D3FB72C-532A-46BB-BDF7-837548A05D37.png Just saw the pov vid from SoCal Attractions 360 (they have like the best lowlight camera I’ve ever seen) and in the finale you can see a large empty area past the I-Rex covered with a black curtain. It seems like this would be the space the whole I-Rex in A mode (with full body) would be placed in. I’ve had this feeling (and I’m sure that you guys have too) that not only is the I-Rex head pushed away into the corner, but it’s also seriously far away from the T-Rex. Is it possible that this is the area where the full figure will be, so that it’s albeit somewhat closer to the T-Rex?

Curious as to why universal took the waterfall away from the T-Rex area as it was perfect way of hiding her. Hopefully they are still working on it tho
Probably because some of these AAs are too delicate for all that moisture in the air.
Wish they could do a better job of obscuring her position a little. Kinda breaks the illusion to just see her floating in air like that.

In person it's so dark you can barely see her legs. In the OG JP ride you could definitely see them but it's so dark now you really have to be looking.
I've seen her legs both times I've ridden it, actually.

EDIT: And I didn't have too look that hard, either :shrug:

ANOTHER EDIT: I've also ridden the OG version more times than I can remember and I don't recall seeing her legs all that often. Maybe sometimes if the timing was off or if I was sitting in the back and happened catch the bottom of her feet on the way down. The water obscured things. In this iteration, I've been at or near the front and seen her feet dangling in midair both times. Not trying to overly complain, but it is something I've noticed. Maybe the room has gotten darker since my last visit? I haven't gone to the park this week.

Last edited:
I’ve seen a few people say the ride officially opens on the 22nd. I’m going to be at the park on the 20th. Am I screwed?