Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

Not totally accurate. In the game of marketing, you want to have as much impact as possible to your audience. Disney and Universal speak to the same audience and since Disney released something that’s dominating conversation right now, Universal would possibly get less traction with releasing the announcement today.
To be honest I feel like Universal’s announcement would’ve got more attention. Especially if it was suppose to be an IP like Ghostbusters. I mean people already knew that the ride was not going to open with Galaxy’s Edge, so it really wasn’t a big announcement imo.

I thought most of the facades last year were great. Tomb of the Ancients from 26 however is still one of my personal favorites. Very underrated facade. Wonder what they will be like this year?

Also still curious on how or if they pull off Stay Puff.

I thought most of the facades last year were great. Tomb of the Ancients from 26 however is still my personal favorite. Very underrated facade. Wonder what they will be like this year?

Also still curious on how or if they pull off Stay Puff.

Guessing a head puppet with mirrors on the floor to simulate being high up. With marshmallow smell pumped in.

They'll be missing out if they don't sell s'mores.

Last edited:

I mean I kinda figured it might be like that, which was awesome. Guess I was just curious if it really would be done that way. Should be awesome either way.

I guess we can assume the Mind Flayer will be projections?

I mean I kinda figured it might be like that, which was awesome. Guess I was just curious if it really would be done that way. Should be awesome either way.

I guess we can assume the Mind Flayer will be projections?
depends on which mind flayer you're talking about. season 2 mind flayer will be a projection, while the blob monster mind flayer will probably be a puppet.

depends on which mind flayer you're talking about. season 2 mind flayer will be a projection, while the blob monster mind flayer will probably be a puppet.
Haven't seen Season 3 yet so that could be why.

Do we have an idea of how much of Season 3 will be featured?

could go two different ways.
1 - season 3 will be the last room, sorta like Jigsaw in games of jigsaw.
2 - it will be a 5/10 split.
So Hollywood confirmed it will be one room for their maze. For Orlando I’d imagine 50/50 or more skewed to season 3 given the fact the team watched all of season 3 before it was released (which wouldn’t be necessary if only one room), and there’s much more imagery and scenes to work with in season 3 over season 2. I’d be happy with a longer house giving both seasons their due, and I think the soundstage it’s going into could allow for that. Essentially length of two houses in one.