Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride

Just to let everyone know how weird this ride being open is, the media event is happening sometime this month, and an organized "employee preview" is happening in August. This preview is usually when the parks closed and you can bring family members or friends. There was an employee preview that day before softs but legit TMs got told they could ride through word of mouth lol,(also most TMs were still working! )

so it seems like this whole ride has been through some weird decision making

Just to let everyone know how weird this ride being open is, the media event is happening sometime this month, and an organized "employee preview" is happening in August. This preview is usually when the parks closed and you can bring family members or friends. There was an employee preview that day before softs but legit TMs got told they could ride through word of mouth lol,(also most TMs were still working! )

so it seems like this whole ride has been through some weird decision making
Might be that Universal sees an opportunity to quickly add tourist guests before the summer ends, maybe some of those blocked out Disney AP's too, since Disney is having attendance issues . Perhaps they changed plans almost overnight, to capitalize. ....Just guessing though.

I wouldn't take the aquarium scene in the commercial literally.
Universal always hella exaggerates their rides in commercials.
I remember being a kid watching the T2:3D parts in commercials, wondering how they'll pull off the T-1000 circling around my head
... it doesn't happen bahaha

Is there no media day for this ride? No official ceremony?
I heard July 22 at 8PM
I’ve seen a few people say the ride officially opens on the 22nd. I’m going to be at the park on the 20th. Am I screwed?
Nope. It will most likely be open.

Did they fire up the torches yet or are they saving that for the media event?
I heard there was a small fire because the gas pipes were not the right size and they over heated. So they are being reinstalled.

I wouldn't take the aquarium scene in the commercial literally.
Universal always hella exaggerates their rides in commercials.
I remember being a kid watching the T2:3D parts in commercials, wondering how they'll pull off the T-1000 circling around my head
... it doesn't happen bahaha

All theme parks do this. Like all the fake advertising for Star Wars land.

Might be that Universal sees an opportunity to quickly add tourist guests before the summer ends, maybe some of those blocked out Disney AP's too, since Disney is having attendance issues . Perhaps they changed plans almost overnight, to capitalize. ....Just guessing though.
That really does seem like what it is. They figured “They aren’t going to Disney, they gotta go somewhere right now!”
Legit TM: an actual worker of the park

Non legit TM: YouTubers that think they get priority over regular GP just because they make construction updates for their Channels.
I can’t ‘like’ this post more.

3oe9iYP.jpg

3 of the 4 were lit but I thought all 4 were lit when I saw it from the escalators. Definitely gives it a better look and I imagine at night it will be Lit!
Did a couple rides today wait times were 170 - 180 min. Probably inflated still but I got on single and express in about 15 each. Also app notified me at 9:30 ish the ride was open.

Also they need more TM’s managing the line out by single and Express. It’s kinda a cluster there when express is busy. I saw one TM not doing anything except talking to JPLand21. That kid is going to get someone fired.

Last edited:
Also they need more TM’s managing the line out by single and Express. It’s kinda a cluster there when express is busy. I saw one TM not doing anything except talking to JPLand21. That kid is going to get someone fired.

Seriously, he seems to be a PITA when at the park. I remember guests like him when I worked there and they just made the day worse. I mean how much info can he ask? The ride is open. Take your Non-4K camera, get some video, and leave the employees alone and let the guests enjoy themselves.