Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you guys think Uni has enough IPs for the brand new park ?

I understand we have been speculating on a couple and one is pretty much guaranteed but what about some other ones not mentioned here.

Do you guys think Uni has enough IPs for the brand new park ?

I understand we have been speculating on a couple and one is pretty much guaranteed but what about some other ones not mentioned here.

Nintendo (Mario, Yoshi, DK); Pokemon; Universal Classic Monsters; DWA (Dragons, Shrek, Trolls); and Wizarding World/Potter.

From just those alone, you have 9 IPs in total (as Yoshi and DK have spun into different franchises, separate from Mario). And if Scooby-Doo happens, that's 10. And Pokemon's as big as Nintendo on it's own, so I count it separate from the Big N (even if Nintendo is a parent company for The Pokemon Company).

Last edited:
Because it will stand out negatively next to Berk, Mushroom Kingdom and the rest of the current lineup. Look at the landscape in Illumination films. None of them are super memorable because they all exist in today's world already.
Berk is coming ?? Tell me more.

I mean, I don't think Illumination deserves a land unless they're going to build a full Minions land over there, but I would not say every land going in is anywhere close to "realistic"
I think he meant the Illumination films were based on realistic cities: Sing, SLoP, and DM... Ignoring the fact they're making a Mario movie in 2022. Also ignoring Seuss since they've already got a land at IOA.
Because it will stand out negatively next to Berk, Mushroom Kingdom and the rest of the current lineup. Look at the landscape in Illumination films. None of them are super memorable because they all exist in today's world already.
I agree with this, Illumination likely won't be included (aside from Mario). But between DWA and Nintendo, UFW will have plenty of computer animated characters to have it covered. That's why FB and Classic Monsters are kinda necessary.

I mean, I don't think Illumination deserves a land unless they're going to build a full Minions land over there, but I would not say every land going in is anywhere close to "realistic"
They need to save some animation properties for Studios and IOA

I kind of like how they are choosing to do it...It almost feels some IPs are park exclusive.

I just hope Minions doesn't become Universal's Toy Story.

Gotcha. Not sure I agree with that line of thinking (Fantastic Beasts is also based on real cities).

How do I put this easily and simply?

The way I figure is Fantastic Beasts represents a time and place that no longer truly exists in this era. Just look at the difference between Time Square now compared to the 1920s-1940s which the series takes place...whereas Illumination Films so far (with the exception of SING)are all real places like NYC, Paris, etc in the current day and time so it doesn't add anything that isn't found already with USF. There is already a park made where that fits into.

Id think for a Dreamworks land they'd want some sort of Dreamworks courtyard which has Dreamworks theatre (Kung Fu Panda), SING show, and a Madasgascar family coaster/ride. Berk is a giving, and not to be unoriginal but id love a version of the ride in Dubai, or something similar. So many ways to go with Dreamworks.

Id think for a Dreamworks land they'd want some sort of Dreamworks courtyard which has Dreamworks theatre (Kung Fu Panda), SING show, and a Madasgascar family coaster/ride. Berk is a giving, and not to be unoriginal but id love a version of the ride in Dubai, or something similar. So many ways to go with Dreamworks.
Sing is Illumination.

I believe KFP might be exclusive to Beijing for now. They might have contracts preventing them from using it elsewhere for X number of years.

Personally, I think HTTYD and Trolls are good to start off with.

How do I put this easily and simply?

The way I figure is Fantastic Beasts represents a time and place that no longer truly exists in this era. Just look at the difference between Time Square now compared to the 1920s-1940s which the series takes place...whereas Illumination Films so far (with the exception of SING)are all real places like NYC, Paris, etc in the current day and time so it doesn't add anything that isn't found already with USF. There is already a park made where that fits into.
I think it's as simple as Universal has elected to use Dreamworks in the new park and Illumination in the originals

Sing is Illumination.

I believe KFP might be exclusive to Beijing for now. They might have contracts preventing them from using it elsewhere for X number of years.

Personally, I think HTTYD and Trolls are good to start off with.

Ah, forgot SING was illumination. My b! But KFP is out in Hollywood right now. Not talking about the entire land but just the attraction. Although wouldn't shock me if some things in Beijing wind in FW at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.