Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

Could this be the replaced IP house...cheap and easy to do instead of the Purge

Why would Universal replace an original with an IP that hasn’t come out yet and is derivative of an IP that they’re already not that fond of.

Whether people like it or not, Us is the highest grossing horror film of the year(and will likely be #2 once It 2 comes). It had a $71 million opening weekend and was critically and commercially praised and translates into a haunted house pretty well compared to IPs like Exorcist + Shining, regardless of their classic status. On a bigger scale for the future too, getting Us now allows for future Jordan Peele IPs to come since he is the biggest horror director right now not named James Wan. If things go well and everything works out expect Candyman for next year

After that little miss muffet scene in Scary Tales last year, I'm not scared of spiders but that scene did have almost crawling out of that part of the house lol, I'd be down for an Eight Legged Freaks type house, it'd be pretty cool haha

Thought that instead of a sign an arcade Cabinet and other items from the house represents each IP, perfectly fitting if they put the Palace Arcade sign in the ST area. And each character in the zone IP or original is in a neon NES color palette. Like the Jason on the pic.View attachment 10174
The nostalgia I have for that game is insane. It's not a great game, but I love it.

Aw man, I'd love for a Friday The 13th NES house, dude, with how I play the Friday The 13th and one of his skins is the NES Blue Jason and the music from the game when he's approaching, that used in a house would be killer lol anyways, I honestly don't mind US, I'd give it a shot, I watched a couple of days and very intrigued in seeing the house transition will be like and I think it will be a decent good house, if they do a Candyman house, I'd love to see Jordan Peeles' vision but I liked to the see the original Candyman movie being brought to the event, the score for that movie was haunting and was pretty cool.

I'm not sure if this has ever been discussed or not so apologies if it already has. Do you think there would ever be a Harry Potter scarezone / house? It would be really cool with dementors / spiders / deatheaters / etc. Would JK Rowling ever allow something like this?

I'm not sure if this has ever been discussed or not so apologies if it already has. Do you think there would ever be a Harry Potter scarezone / house? It would be really cool with dementors / spiders / deatheaters / etc. Would JK Rowling ever allow something like this?

I would only be okay with this if they took the Maximum Carnage route.

Pretty sure she has said she is 100% against it. Doesn't want her brand to be associated with horror.

Last edited:

Pretty sure she has said she is 100% against it. Doesn't want her brand to be associated with horror.

On the other hand, Japan has the Death Eaters, and there's apparently a show with Bellatrix Lestrange in the can that just needs her approval
From my understanding, JK and Warner Brothers approved the concept. The show was canned by Universal.

Lots of people do NOT want Us
View attachment 10177

Gee whiz, how shocking that people want IT more than Us? IT, like the best horror movie opening weekend and one of the highest grossing horror films of all time.

It shouldn’t be on the poll because it has no chance of happening. It’s an unfair poll because IT will beat literally anything in terms of what people want at HHN.