Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Waits and Uptime Reports - Hagrid’s Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

Rode Hagrid's for the first time today and man I was pretty lucky! We did not have any plans to go ride Hagrid's today, and just went to the park just to see it in action for the first time and see how crazy everything was. When we walked in the park, the app said 180 minutes. When we got there, it said 150 minutes. After a quick restroom break, the ride was then down to 120 minutes. We just ended up just going in since we really didn't have any other plans.

The line was just outside of the indoor portion of the queue. We entered the queue at 12:45 and got off the ride at 1:20!!! The line was nonstop moving!! We hopped right back in line and saw it got a bit longer and decided to go with single rider. After 20 minutes, I ended up with a front row ride on the Motorbike and that was absolutely incredible! This ride is a huge hit. While I still miss the dragons, this is definitely a very fun and fast ride.

All in all, I got two rides in within an hour and a half. One in the back side car, and one in the front motorbike. What a day!

Closed for the rest of the day. I guess I’ll have to try again sometime when there isn’t a mass of wizards shouting “aguamenti” at the sky...

The TMs claim closures due to the ride being at capacity around 4pm. At capacity meaning they are subtracting 180 minutes from the attractions close time. The attractions close time is preset at 7pm by ops. Therefore the queue closes at 4pm. Thunderstorm or not. The latest anyone has rode lately was... sigh... 5:15pm. On Monday. Today, last rider was a bit before 5pm and then they went down for weather, and cleared the queue. Sigh... still working out the issues with getting capacity up TMs say night rides aren’t a possibility for at least another month or so. I want to do a night ride on hagride so baddddd!

Walked into the park at 8:50 this morning, got right on line by Sinbad, and got on the ride at 10:50. With all the people rushing rope drop and the delayed start (ride didn’t see any riders until almost 10:00, I think), it seems like the best time to ride is early afternoon? When the ride has eaten up the stacked early crowd, but before the rain comes.

Walked into the park at 8:50 this morning, got right on line by Sinbad, and got on the ride at 10:50. With all the people rushing rope drop and the delayed start (ride didn’t see any riders until almost 10:00, I think), it seems like the best time to ride is early afternoon? When the ride has eaten up the stacked early crowd, but before the rain comes.
12:30-3pm works well... if you can beat the heat...

Single rider is super short, if you can find a tm that will tell you if it’s open lol! But walked right to the loader TMs at 12:30uj

Last edited:
Single rider is super short, if you can find a tm that will tell you if it’s open lol! But walked right to the loader TMs at 12:30
Edit: after riding, the single rider line is full all the way to the snack cart outside. People catch on quick lol

Last edited:
When it opens like that, is it right at park open with the other rides?

If so, and you are towards the front of the rope-drop crowd, could you potentially walk right into the queue?

Asking for a friend who may or may not be going down on Sunday.

Just got inside queue in standby line after weather delay. It is moving with 4 trains cycling and I have a 1.5 to devote. In the caves now after 10 mins