Waits and Uptime Reports - Hagrid’s Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

Waits and Uptime Reports - Hagrid’s Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Seems like whenever there is a bad storm the previous night, the ride has issues the following day. Everything’s been going well for it recently though so hoping this isn’t something serious or crazy.

It might not be "issues" per se, but just the amount of time they need for maintenance.

When they started opening with Park Open, they then closed the ride around 7:00 (after putting it @Capacity at around 5:00) because they needed that amount of time from around 8:00 pm onwards for maintenance until the next morning's park open.

But I'm guessing if its pouring rain out from anytime after 7:00 pm it delays when they can start their nightly maintenance, which I would guess means it opens later the next day.

It might not be "issues" per se, but just the amount of time they need for maintenance.

When they started opening with Park Open, they then closed the ride around 7:00 (after putting it @Capacity at around 5:00) because they needed that amount of time from around 8:00 pm onwards for maintenance until the next morning's park open.

But I'm guessing if its pouring rain out from anytime after 7:00 pm it delays when they can start their nightly maintenance, which I would guess means it opens later the next day.
Are we thinking this ride is always going to require that much maintenance because that seems like an excessive amount of time. I get they wanna get the ride running efficiently but after that. When do we think the ride will be able to run without ever hitting a capacity?

Reactions: therock and jrn14
Are we thinking this ride is always going to require that much maintenance because that seems like an excessive amount of time. I get they wanna get the ride running efficiently but after that. When do we think the ride will be able to run without ever hitting a capacity?

I honestly don't know. I'm sure the plan is to eventually get to being able to have it run from park open to park close, and have enough time in between for any daily maintenance. But I have no idea what is needed by Universal to get to that point.

Perhaps one of the insiders who might know more have a better idea.

I honestly don't know. I'm sure the plan is to eventually get to being able to have it run from park open to park close, and have enough time in between for any daily maintenance. But I have no idea what is needed by Universal to get to that point.

As much as I love the attraction, I think that it’s insane that it’s now just about 2 months the attractions been open and they are still not running efficiently or at max capacity. Even if they didn’t push up the grand opening and kept it in August, I still don’t think this thing would have been ready.

I'm sure there are rumblings and highly educated guesses from sources, but I doubt anyone here knows definitively what it is. So I'm not sure what educated speculation will really do. It's more of a "it is what it is" and hopefully we'll get the scoop a year down the road.

The one thing we know is they aren't sitting on their hands. They're busting their asses to try to get this thing where it should be; which is consistently reliable.

As much as I love the attraction, I think that it’s insane that it’s now just about 2 months the attractions been open and they are still not running efficiently or at max capacity.

This is somewhat what I expected. The fact some people were thinking it was going to be corrected in a couple weeks never sat right with me based on where they were.

This is what I said in late June:

You're certainly the eternal optimist around here :)

I think 2 weeks is a wee bit too optimistic. I would wager we'll see regular openings towards the end of July but wouldn't be shocked if it was even longer to get this thing to capacity. If they can get all the trains on the track by HHN, I'd consider that a win.
As @Ryan said, it's all spilled milk at this point, so just take it for what it is.

I'm sure there are rumblings and highly educated guesses from sources, but I doubt anyone here knows definitively what it is. So I'm not sure what educated speculation will really do. It's more of a "it is what it is" and hopefully we'll get the scoop a year down the road.

This is somewhat what I expected. The fact some people were thinking it was going to be corrected in a couple weeks never sat right with me based on where they were.

This is what I said in late June:
I remember reading that post and couldn’t possibly think it would take that long to get everything going. But now I take it allllll back hahaha.

Reactions: Andysol
My (admittedly selfish) hope is that they have it up to 100% full capacity by next March, and *maybe* have Express Pass in effect by then as well.

As much as I love the attraction, I think that it’s insane that it’s now just about 2 months the attractions been open and they are still not running efficiently or at max capacity. Even if they didn’t push up the grand opening and kept it in August, I still don’t think this thing would have been ready.

I think you’d be surprised how many attractions take a long time to work out issues.

I think you’d be surprised how many attractions take a long time to work out issues.
And how many attractions still have issues to this day. Gringotts gets evacuated pretty regularly, but because it’s not the new ride anymore it doesn’t get leveled with such intense scrutiny.

Finally got to ride today. Got in line at 0908 near sinbad. Was off the ride at 1103. Posted wait time was 180 minutes, took us 115. When we got off, the line wasn’t visible outside the actual queue and the wait time said 120, I’m guessing it would have been shorter. I’d have like to have gotten straight back on to ride again but my son wanted to do rides with lesser waits so we did FJ instead. Only one pause for about 5 minutes for a breakdown . It Was Awesome!!!

Curious how the lines are for FJ with Hagrid recent opening. Are the lines longer/shorter? Or about the same?
I check the Touring Plans crowd calendar daily. FJ is generally in line with where it was previously in relation to the crowd calendar levels (Example: If IOA is at an 8 for the day, FJ is usually the same). What I have noticed , though, is that Gringotts has usually been less than before Hagrids opened (example:If USF is an 8 for the day Gringotts sometimes is a 4 or 5), according to the crowd levels. Seems like Hogsmeade may have drained a bit of the Diagon crowd, at least as far as Gringotts is concerned. I've thought that was interesting.

Im heading back up to the parks on Sunday. With the tropical wave pushing through to Florida by the end of the week I was curious if Hagrids operates in rain but not lightning

I check the Touring Plans crowd calendar daily. FJ is generally in line with where it was previously in relation to the crowd calendar levels (Example: If IOA is at an 8 for the day, FJ is usually the same). What I have noticed , though, is that Gringotts has usually been less than before Hagrids opened (example:If USF is an 8 for the day Gringotts sometimes is a 4 or 5), according to the crowd levels. Seems like Hogsmeade may have drained a bit of the Diagon crowd, at least as far as Gringotts is concerned. I've thought that was interesting.

Makes sense, actually - people are all going for Hagrid's, and are hitting FJ because it's right there. Especially if someone's going in with a one park pass.

Im heading back up to the parks on Sunday. With the tropical wave pushing through to Florida by the end of the week I was curious if Hagrids operates in rain but not lightning
I've seen it cycle with employees on it in a pretty heavy rain shower, but this was before the ride opened.

Reactions: therock
I have never found Touring Plans to be particularly accurate in their predictions, for both Uni and Disney.