Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

Bedtime Stories would’ve been fun and cool but I think it’d be too soon after Scary Tales; maybe at 31 it’ll be good but immediately after Scary Tales 4 it seems really similar. I hope they’ll use it eventually but, in terms of HHN29, I would much rather have Us since it’s the only year to use it.

Game of Thrones would’ve been really cool but I can’t imagine walking through a Game of Thrones house. Graveyard Games seems more tailor made for HHN but I’d be fine with either.

Edit: Tweet wayyy too long. check their Twitter.

No announcement today, y'all, not that we really expected one.

Does anyone think the second show might be a lagoon show? Is there any evidence for that? I know they've started doing daytime shows fairly recently, so am wondering if they will also expand to HHN. Would it be too busy to even consider?

As cool as that would be, would it not cause massive congestion as people stop to watch a show around the lagoon, while at the same time people mingle in scare zones nearby?

Never been to one of Universal's shows, so not totally sure how they work logistically.

Does anyone think the second show might be a lagoon show? Is there any evidence for that? I know they've started doing daytime shows fairly recently, so am wondering if they will also expand to HHN. Would it be too busy to even consider?

There are construction walls in front of the old Terminator building so my guess is it will be in there.

There are construction walls in front of the old Terminator building so my guess is it will be in there.
Could also be for the rumored attraction that is replacing T2?

I personally think a show like AOV could benefit from being in a theater like T2. Would be great to get in some AC to take a break, and the lighting and ability to control darkness could really open up some opportunity to take the show to the next level (I'm thinking the iLuminate style lighting on the performers).

One venue no one mentioned yet for a second show is soundstage 33. Media event is always held there but that could be moved to horror make up theater.

I wanted to post this a while back but didn’t haven’t the chance here’s my hype list and thoughts on it.....

1- US (I was hesitant, then I heard rumblings... then I really thought about it and now it’s the IP i cant get out of my head)
1) Depths of fear (tied for first, this one started high for me, dropped with all the “it’s not what you think” talk, but is now high again)
2) House of 1000 Corpses (I’m not the biggest fan of this movie, but I can see this translating beautifully)
3) Graveyard Games (from what I’ve read and heard, I think this will be the sleeper hit)
4) Yeti (mostly I’m just intrigued)
5) Universal Monsters (I’m a sucker for the classics and I know that bias will make me love this no matter what)
6) Ghostbusters (this was my top.... now it’s not -shrug emoji-)
7) Nightengales (the original was one of the most intense houses I’ve been in at HHN and much like how I went into DE last year wanting it to feel as great as the first house... I really feel like I’ll walk away thinking it’s good but not as good)
8) Killer Klownz (I’m not a fan, but loved the scarezone... this house didn’t need to happen)
9) Stranger Things (y’all this one hurts the most. I was the #1 advocate for this house last year. This house has a lot to live up to quality and popularity wise. I don’t think it will hit either and absolutely will not exceed what Stranger Things was last year. Idk if it will suffer from such a heavily IP saturated year with IPs that appeal to different kind of fans but as much as it breaks my heart to say... I think ST should of ended on the high of last year.)

Side note: I think a lot of people are getting really caught up in thinking that tooth fairy was going to be something amazing... like it’s easy to look at that with Rose tinted glasses because it never really existed to us other than in speculation and in our minds where we could make the scariest / creepiest version of the house because the concept of a tooth fairy house is so broad really. But sometimes it’s good to sit back and think, wow maybe there’s a reason that’s the original idea that was scrapped and not one of the other 4 ya know? Just my two cents. It’s fine not to be excited for Us because you didn’t like the movie, but don’t hate it already just because omg it replaced tooth fairy and that was going to be so good! Cause like... what if tooth fairy was like carnival where every hyped it up to be this huge creative amazing thing and then it... wasn’t. (At least that seems to be the general consensus on that one)

Sorry for the wall of text, and this isn’t directed to anyone specifically obviously. I just had a lot of thoughts about the line up this year and I think my friends are sick of talking about hhn with me :p

Side note: I think a lot of people are getting really caught up in thinking that tooth fairy was going to be something amazing... like it’s easy to look at that with Rose tinted glasses because it never really existed to us other than in speculation and in our minds where we could make the scariest / creepiest version of the house because the concept of a tooth fairy house is so broad really. But sometimes it’s good to sit back and think, wow maybe there’s a reason that’s the original idea that was scrapped and not one of the other 4 ya know? Just my two cents. It’s fine not to be excited for Us because you didn’t like the movie, but don’t hate it already just because omg it replaced tooth fairy and that was going to be so good! Cause like... what if tooth fairy was like carnival where every hyped it up to be this huge creative amazing thing and then it... wasn’t. (At least that seems to be the general consensus on that one)

I think it's more the fact that everybody can instantly relate to your teeth and the trauma of losing teeth when you were a child, or a painful dentist experience, or whatever. I think we all know people who need "laughing gas" just to get their teeth cleaned, they're too freaked out to even deal with that. Some people have to take Valium just to go to the dentist. Other people have to take a heart pill before they go.

There's so much relatable fear towards your teeth that I think it's just something that resonated to a lot of people more than doppelgängers with scissors, demigorgans (or whatever they're called), ghosts, yetis, etc. A room with a crazy toothfairy, in whatever form, with a person strapped in a dentist chair and that drill sound and that smoking burning smell we all know...would be so much more relatable than almost anything else.

I'm one of the people that smile all the way through the houses and get the "boo" scares and startles...but nothing scarier than a 5 year old jumping out of a doorway yelling "BOO!!!" would do. Something like this, like nails on a chalkboard, would make me cringe and feel uneasy through the entire house and that's appealing.

People keep questioning why Bedtime Stories/Tooth Fairy was scraped. It's really not a complicated reason.

A&D, with management, is having a chat with Blumhouse about HHN30.

Discussion (somehow) shifts to Us.

Blumhouse offers (to coordinate) it for this year.

Management asks A&D which original house is least far along in it's production (because house designs are done by now).

A&D answers Tooth Fairy.

The house is replaced.

I mean. That's all there is to it.