Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

Touring Plans (Blog section) has a really good article on how to tour DHS once the early early early morning hours start on August 29th. Some really good touring suggestions, though many of them just good common sense. Basically they have you zigging while everyone else is zagging. It's a good read for anyone, even locals and off site hotel guests, to read. They have park ride and show line projection times for the entire sample day. :thumbsup: Nice job by Touring plans using their statistical analysis.

Touring Plans (Blog section) has a really good article on how to tour DHS once the early early early morning hours start on August 29th. Some really good touring suggestions, though many of them just good common sense. Basically they have you zigging while everyone else is zagging. It's a good read for anyone, even locals and off site hotel guests, to read. They have park ride and show line projection times for the entire sample day. :thumbsup: Nice job by Touring plans using their statistical analysis.
I don't see that on the blog

Read the blog...some interesting points. Question - do we think the park will fill to capacity opening weekend like some have predicted a few months ago?

At this point I'd almost guess that Disney starts practically giving tickets away to get capacity crowds for opening weekend. Having the news covering huge crowds and people being turned away for capacity issues is great publicity, especially to counter the buzz on the internet of Star Wars being a "failure" at Disneyland. They're hoping for headlines about 8 or 10 hour lines like Universal had for Hagrid's.

At this point I'd almost guess that Disney starts practically giving tickets away to get capacity crowds for opening weekend. Having the news covering huge crowds and people being turned away for capacity issues is great publicity, especially to counter the buzz on the internet of Star Wars being a "failure" at Disneyland. They're hoping for headlines about 8 or 10 hour lines like Universal had for Hagrid's.
I plan on waiting 6-8 hours on opening day. But four of those will be from 2am till they open at 6, then maybe just a couple hours tops to get in. We shall see.

Have they officially stated how early they will be allowing guests to "line up"?

Yes, I would believe they want to be 'overcrowded' and won't do anything to diminish the effect. They certainly need a 'Hagrid type moment', not a 'Star Tours Two' where hardly anyone showed up, and the extended queue winding through the Streets of NY were essentially empty. I'll always remember that day. That said, I think the crowd will be very large for the opening weekend.

Let me say, I was pleasantly surprised by most of Star Wars Land. I found the touchstones from the original films to be very effective (although the Millennium Falcon is too small compared to the way it was portrayed in the movies). Here's a couple of the things that really stuck out as "bad" (especially considering the price tag):

The Igloo coolers they spray painted gray especially stood out.

Let me say, I was pleasantly surprised by most of Star Wars Land. I found the touchstones from the original films to be very effective (although the Millennium Falcon is too small compared to the way it was portrayed in the movies). Here's a couple of the things that really stuck out as "bad" (especially considering the price tag):

The Igloo coolers they spray painted gray especially stood out.

Reminds me of the story of how when Magic Kingdom first opened they didn’t take consideration for rain with certain design aspects like not giving Mad Tea Party a roof. That fan and water are obviously there for the heat.

Bio is posting quite a layout of DHS vs DL details. It is sometimes shocking how different specific areas are re rockwork sculptural styles. Too, there are areas where the exact same items are painted drastically different colors between coasts.

It does show that rock and stonework carving is a unique artistic endeavor each and every time. Some things at DHS look better to my eye while others seem more successful at DL...

One of his posts. Same archway yet completely different rockwork style. Look closely!

Interesting, interesting

Apologies for how badly informed/stupid this question will sound but - do you have to 'pre book' your day in galaxy's edge? Or can you just turn up to DHS and go in? (I'll be here in March/April 2020.

So today is the last day of AP previews and then we have 8 days until Grand Opening. Gotta think it's likely we get some softs in-between for the general public, right?

Id expect softs as well because Disney is going to want as much hype as possible for this land, especially considering the performance of it on the West Coast.