Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

D23 Expo 2019 - News & Speculation

In their defense (slightly), they blew their load through 2021 in '17. So they don't need to do a lot right now as they already have stuff going on that will last for awhile.

However, I did expect, at bare minimum, for them to announce the black box ride and they didn't even do that. At least we got Poppins, but we really have no clue what it is. It could be an Enchanted Tales deal for all we know.

They didn’t have a choice but to announce everything they did in 2017. All the big projects are well under construction and they couldn’t have kept them a secret. This is polar opposite of Universal who start building and then announce.

Yeah, it's neat and feels kinda/sorta like a modern update of a World's Fair sort of ethos.

I won't spend much/any time there, probably, but if it draws other people away from places I'd rather be, it will serve a purpose.

Oh, it’s really cool. Not that I’ll ever see it.
As soon as I saw that ‘rooftop garden to watch the nighttime show’ I thought $69/pp cupcake party, you mean?
You’ll never see me up there. I’m terrified of heights. But the look of it seems great.

Oh, it’s really cool. Not that I’ll ever see it.
As soon as I saw that ‘rooftop garden to watch the nighttime show’ I thought $69/pp cupcake party, you mean?

Yeah, it's neat and feels kinda/sorta like a modern update of a World's Fair sort of ethos.

I won't spend much/any time there, probably, but if it draws other people away from places I'd rather be, it will serve a purpose.

You’ll never see me up there. I’m terrified of heights. But the look of it seems great.
Yup, I have to admit they did a good job with it and it finally gives the park a purpose built festival space and it's elevated, so the area underneath is still accessible.

Even better though, having this space allows the Wonders Pavilion and The Odyssey to be used as they are meant to be - for park guests, not special events.

I mean, after the terrible opening performance for SWGE, did we really expect them to invest a ton in their parks at the moment?

Everything discussed today is so far along a soft summer wouldn't impact it. Considering I've heard they went with the plan b presentation (I mean they had a Target ad and Make A Wish) they likely pulled back at showing their hand beyond 2021.

Everything discussed today is so far along a soft summer wouldn't impact it. Considering I've heard they went with the plan b presentation (I mean they had a Target ad and Make A Wish) they likely pulled back at showing their hand beyond 2021.
I can understand pulling back on the DAK project as that is supposed to be a 2024 project. No need to announce that now. But if they want Brazil for 2022, then they needed to announce it. I'm guessing they're gonna wait until everything with the Amazon calms down.

It does seem though that they may just have decided they want the focus to be on the 50th and so far everything announced (at least for WDW) will be done by the end of 2021.

I can understand pulling back on the DAK project as that is supposed to be a 2024 project. No need to announce that now. But if they want Brazil for 2022, then they needed to announce it. I'm guessing they're gonna wait until everything with the Amazon calms down.

Or, hear me it, it's not happening and everyone has bad info. :lol:

Or, hear me it, it's not happening and everyone has bad info. :lol:
I still believe it's happening. Maybe it won't and i'll eventually just be an 80 year old man proclaiming Brazil is coming, but idk. To me, the Brazil rumor feels like it's real. I'm pretty certain that it's something that has been seriously talked about. Is it possible that Brazil got canceled though and literally nobody heard about it? Yeah.

So idk, i'm still holding out hope. Maybe they realized it was a dumbass idea to do a pavilion w/o a ride.

From what I heard they barely have anything ready for the DAK project anyway. Just a single piece of blue sky concept art that was whipped up very quickly. It was an easy thing to cut.

As for Brazil, the fire news is the main reason I could see to hold off.

But yea, why announce things for beyond 2021 when they have so much opening in the next two years to remind us of.

What is the joke about Target and Disney? I must have missed something
Target had part of the presentation as Disney is teaming up with Target to put mini Disney Stores in them starting later this year. It's part of their consumer products part of the division.

Target had part of the presentation as Disney is teaming up with Target to put mini Disney Stores in them starting later this year. It's part of their consumer products part of the division.
Ah, that's pretty cool...Sort of like they've been doing with the Chip and Joanna Gaines stuff...Dig it

Not posted here in awhile! Must admit, I was pretty underwhelmed by this years parks panel. I think I echo what many are saying in that there really wasn’t much revealed - even confirmation opening dates or years for major additions such as GotG: Cosmic Rewind and TRON. Did we even get a more solid timeframe for Runaway Railway?

That being said, I’d argue that “underwhelming” could be a word used to describe the entire event this time around. Somewhat of a shame as I would say that out of the last few events, this year really showed that Disney’s use of D23 is really just as a marketing opportunity rather than a ‘fan event’, with there being what feels like a large imbalance between Disney+ and, well... everything else!

Last edited: