Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Waits and Uptime Reports - Hagrid’s Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

The app already has it listed as at capacity but the park doesn't close for another 5ish hours. Is this just a mistake on the app or is the line actually closed?

It's closed. We got in line today at 2.10pm with a 120min posted wait time, actual was 65mins. When we exited the "At capacity" boards were out with the sign saying Ride Full. The line most definitely wasn't full, so not sure if they've closed early for maintenance.

They’ve had much larger crowds than expected for this time of year.

I spoke with 4 of the Hagrid’s CMs and a manger while they were dumping lost and found and they me mentioned they take trains off throughout the day so capacity seems to slow. When they remove too many they sometimes close early.

Also, they mentioned that guests prefer the morning operation with earlier closures vs delayed openings. I suggested that earlier, but it was nice to confirm.

I was there too. We were actually the very first people to ride today. Front row, first train, group of 8 with two 6 year olds in tow.

No running, very fast walking, but no lockers either.

There were 4 people in front of us, two went the long way in Seuss (HUGE mistake). The other two had a backpack, so we beat everybody.

Something we did learn from our Friday rope drop- on the right side of the big gate (if facing the park), you can line up in the very far left side which will eventually have an extra line as the handicap area will have a portable scanner.

Well, we went ahead and queued there knowing that. Then, as you’re in the front, be nice to the gate agent and ask them to scan all of your parties tickets before they announce the opening of the park. Then you can all just go on in.

Ended up riding Hagrid’s, Forbidden Journey and then the littles did hippogriff 5x while the bigs did Hulk 3x. Out of the park at 9:35am and on our way to DVC Vero Beach.

Honestly, it’s not too hard to predict at this point. If it’s open really late, it’s very likely to have a delayed opening. If it closes early, you’re gravy. Last night it closed at 4:30pm, so this morning wasn’t really going to be a question.
How do you go wrong way in Suess if being led by TM?

How do you go wrong way in Suess if being led by TM?

No TM leading. No one started leading until you got through lockers on both rope drops.

There were a few standing around to say don’t run in port of entry and then some at the start of queue at Poseidon’s.

I think most guests would prefer the ride being open from park open to close :eek:ut:

Right?

Unfortunately, right now it seems to be one or the other.

We’re only a few months in, but it feels a lot like FoP. Lots of demand and a ride system that may never reach capacity.

We were there over the weekend and no one was telling us not to run, wayyyyy more people running this past weekend vs. the first weekend I rode a while back. Granted, there were way less people this past weekend; the line at 8:30am last Friday was about the same as the line at 7:45am a month ago.

EDIT: also, a month ago they opened the gates at 8:30AM and held at Seuss. This past weekend they open at 8:50AM and you go straight into the line.

As someone who is planning to spend a week here this coming winter/spring, Hagrid’s running intermittently right now isn’t a huge worry for me. If I booked my vacation around this ride (which I did) and was only going to be here these 3 days in the foreseeable future, I’d for sure be upset. Hopefully going to ride this afternoon, but it’s definitely upsetting seeing this ride not work yet. New rides always have issues but we’re getting close to October. Really makes you think with all of the SWGE issues, opening this thing in August with most kinks worked out would’ve been best. Take all the positive theme park news while Disney drowns in the low crowds news for SWGE.

We’re only a few months in, but it feels a lot like FoP. Lots of demand and a ride system that may never reach capacity.

FoP has gotten much better depending on if they do evening After Hours events. FoP was a more fundamental design flaw than Hagrid, which seems more to be building the floor under them while they run. I’m going to kick some tires and see what’s up.

If I booked my vacation around this ride (which I did)

Me too.

opening this thing in August with most kinks worked out would’ve been best.

They got a trip out of it from me and you, both. How many others? I think they made the right choice (from a financial standpoint, that is). :)

Personally, I still think they should have done a couple weeks of softs, but it is what it is. Hopefully they learn w/ JP, but I doubt it. The almighty dollar is more important than guest experience nowadays.

We must keep in mind that some kinks will never be found until there are hoards of people riding and running it hard.

Reminder they’ve been testing Hagrid since March and a last minute issue popped up in May. Sorta we’re always planned but never could because of that issue. Things *happen*.

I understand things happen, it’s unfortunate. But like someone said, I mean I’m here at Universal lol. And will be back for a full week and not 3 nights later next year. They’ve done something right!

Definitely the breakdowns are an issue, but we got lucky overall this weekend when we actually got to ride. This would’ve been our third, possibly fourth ride, but Wednesday night it closed for capacity real early at about 5:30. Literally refreshed the app to show it closed for capacity as we were walking in the park. Then Thursday morning it had an extended delay, but we got the ruby pass and used that Friday. Both times we rode, when we were exiting, we saw trains stuck on the track.
Sorry if I missed this info but what is a Ruby Pass?

Basically if people have been waiting for a long time with no end in sight/definitively not re-opening the ride, they will give out a ruby pass for Hagride that can be used anytime for front of line access.
Wow, thanks for the info!

Talking to some people, sounds like Hagrid reaching “at capacity” will be occurring in the early evening for a few months as they have extended testing of the ride at night.
Thanks for the info- albeit a bit disheartening to hear.

that's a bummer, but honestly they need to do something to get this running the way it was designed to run.
At this point, one would be inclined to think that there is no light at the end of this tunnel. I am an eternal pessimist, though.