Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

This discussion kinda reminds me of a thing that happens to smaller Youtubers when they finally start to make it big. Most of their original fan base starts to leave or cry foul because the creator has “changed” or has started pandering when really they’re just upset that their favorite small YouTube channel is no longer for them specifically.

Let’s not say that this hasn’t been brewing for quite a while now, but this year’s definitely a turning point.

Man, what would’ve happened if Game of Thrones had actually come? That would’ve been fun to see play out.

Graveyard Games was the house that was going to be GoT, right? Because it doesn't feel like it. Then again, nothing in Us indicated it was going to be something else originally.

If they get their hands on one of WB's white whales next year, the family friendly complaints may die down. As I've said, it's not the originals that draw those complaints--not this year, at least.

Graveyard Games was the house that was going to be GoT, right? Because it doesn't feel like it. Then again, nothing in Us indicated it was going to be something else originally.

If they get their hands on one of WB's white whales next year, the family friendly complaints may die down.
Yep. I’ve always been real surprised by that tidbit. It just doesn’t seem large enough, house-wise and queue-wise to hold an IP that’s as big as people say it is. (I really have no idea how big GoT actually is, only thing I ever really heard about the show was that the ending was awful)

Yep. I’ve always been real surprised by that tidbit. It just does seem large enough, house-wise and queue-wise to hold an IP that’s as big as people say it is. (I really have no idea how big GoT actually is, only thing I ever really heard about the show was that the ending was awful)

Yeah, which is why I'm not sure if it would've drawn as big a crowd as ST did last year. 3-4 years ago, it definitely would've. (Disclaimer: I too have never watched a GoT episode.)

Do you know if that’s the case for the room directly following the mirror maze in Us? Before you enter the home, I believe, there’s a fence with what I think may be hanging laundry on a line? I can’t recall it very specifically, but it looks like a wide, empty space for someone to scare from. Am I just looking too hard for boo holes?

Pluto originally had his scare there, but it was changed to another room (not originally designed for his scare) in order to be more effective and also easier for the actor to portray the correct posture for the character

Just checked up on a forum I used to frequent and they had an entire thread dedicated to essentially bashing younger fans for making the event too "PG". I don't know, I feel like this year is a low peak for the HHN fandom and the first time I felt unwelcome in many spaces I used to be comfortable in. It's gotten so bad that I'm considering not even going this year just because my excitement has started to drain. What do you guys think? Sorry for the downer post, I'm just thinking a lot today I guess...
HHN Nightmares is a joke at the moment, it's like four users complaining on the same tired issues that are not even a problem, don't let the negativity obstruct your enjoyment of perhaps one of the strongest years so far!

Just checked up on a forum I used to frequent and they had an entire thread dedicated to essentially bashing younger fans for making the event too "PG". I don't know, I feel like this year is a low peak for the HHN fandom and the first time I felt unwelcome in many spaces I used to be comfortable in. It's gotten so bad that I'm considering not even going this year just because my excitement has started to drain. What do you guys think? Sorry for the downer post, I'm just thinking a lot today I guess...

Both @Brian G. and I have noticed this even here. We’re developing a plan to address it.

If anything you should go MORE! Lol.
The event is great. Hhn is a big party now. You will love it.
Ive said it before, the houses are still using the same boo holes as always. Houses arent that scary, but the event is not THAT different. It is still the same hhn houses as always.
I think you should enjoy this year and have the most fun you'll ever had.

Curious...which forum? Nightmares is essentially dead.

As far as the FB page goes, I kinda assumed it's negative every year. :p

Thus far, it seems like this thread (general discussion) has been at least somewhat more positive than it was last year.
Nightmares was never that nice. I remember people left because of mods playing favorite with abusive members. The Storyteller, you shouldn't pay attention, its always been that way.
This year hhn is extra fun lol.

If anything you should go MORE! Lol.
The event is great. Hhn is a big party now. You will love it.
Ive said it before, the houses are still using the same boo holes as always. Houses arent that scary, but the event is not THAT different. It is still the same hhn houses as always.
I think you should enjoy this year and have the most fun you'll ever had.

Nightmares was never that nice. I remember people left because of mods playing favorite with abusive members. The Storyteller, you shouldn't pay attention, its always been that way.
This year hhn is extra fun lol.

For as much nostalgia as I have for it, Vault was WAY more mean spirited than Nightmares.

Man, what would’ve happened if Game of Thrones had actually come? That would’ve been fun to see play out.

Game of Thrones was many shows in one, but the horror aspects of it--which I assume they would've built the house around--are as dark and disturbing as any IP HHN has used. As a movie, it would've been a hard R rating. We'd still have the narrative we have this year, PG houses up front, dark and gory in the back. Glass half empty v. half full.

They missed the GoT boat regardless. They should have done it three years ago, with the house strictly being “Game of Thrones: Hardhome.” Then “GoT: Battle of the Bastards,” “GoT: The Wall,” and finally, “GoT: The Long Night.”

Basically, they COULD have done multiple houses, each focused on the episodes that feature mostly battles and monsters. The moments gone now though.

They could still do a Game of Thrones haunt, it’s so engrained in the modern pop culture that a separation of a few years between the end of the show and a theme park haunt would make people very nostalgic. I personally would love a Battle of Winterfell maze

I went on Friday night and had a blast. I don’t know if it’s my favorite year I’ve attended, but it’s up there for consistency. With express, I was able to do a total of 14 houses and could’ve done more if I wasn’t tired or Monsters didn’t break when I wanted to go through again. I’m excited to attend again in a few weeks!

They missed the GoT boat regardless. They should have done it three years ago, with the house strictly being “Game of Thrones: Hardhome.” Then “GoT: Battle of the Bastards,” “GoT: The Wall,” and finally, “GoT: The Long Night.”

Basically, they COULD have done multiple houses, each focused on the episodes that feature mostly battles and monsters. The moments gone now though.

Personally, while I may not discount the idea of GoT coming completely (as HBO/Warner are developing MULTIPLE prequel shows with GRR); the amount of excitement for it is definitely lower than I think it would've been..