1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

Discussion in 'Halloween Horror Nights 29' started by Brian G., Nov 4, 2018.

1. OhHaiInternet95

OhHaiInternet95 Veteran Member

Graveyard Games was the house that was going to be GoT, right? Because it doesn't feel like it. Then again, nothing in Us indicated it was going to be something else originally.

If they get their hands on one of WB's white whales next year, the family friendly complaints may die down. As I've said, it's not the originals that draw those complaints--not this year, at least.

2. JM-BENT

JM-BENT Rookie

Yep. I’ve always been real surprised by that tidbit. It just doesn’t seem large enough, house-wise and queue-wise to hold an IP that’s as big as people say it is. (I really have no idea how big GoT actually is, only thing I ever really heard about the show was that the ending was awful)

3. OhHaiInternet95

Yeah, which is why I'm not sure if it would've drawn as big a crowd as ST did last year. 3-4 years ago, it definitely would've. (Disclaimer: I too have never watched a GoT episode.)

JM-BENT likes this.
  4. SpoopySkeletons

SpoopySkeletons Newcomer

Pluto originally had his scare there, but it was changed to another room (not originally designed for his scare) in order to be more effective and also easier for the actor to portray the correct posture for the character

itsabee likes this.
  5. Wigglepebbles

Wigglepebbles Rookie

HHN Nightmares is a joke at the moment, it's like four users complaining on the same tired issues that are not even a problem, don't let the negativity obstruct your enjoyment of perhaps one of the strongest years so far!

6. Joe

Joe aka TestTrack321 Staff Member Moderator

Both @Brian G. and I have noticed this even here. We’re developing a plan to address it.

7. snayberry

snayberry Veteran Member

Hoping it’s chill tonight. I was able to get a solo walkthrough of Monsters at 12:55 am last night. Now that was amazing. One of the most lit HHN experiences I’ve ever had.

8. Lucky Planet

Lucky Planet Veteran Member

If anything you should go MORE! Lol.
    The event is great. Hhn is a big party now. You will love it.
    Ive said it before, the houses are still using the same boo holes as always. Houses arent that scary, but the event is not THAT different. It is still the same hhn houses as always.
    I think you should enjoy this year and have the most fun you'll ever had.

Nightmares was never that nice. I remember people left because of mods playing favorite with abusive members. The Storyteller, you shouldn't pay attention, its always been that way.
    This year hhn is extra fun lol.

snayberry and Mad Dog like this.
  9. OhHaiInternet95

For as much nostalgia as I have for it, Vault was WAY more mean spirited than Nightmares.

10. SeventyOne

SeventyOne Veteran Member

Game of Thrones was many shows in one, but the horror aspects of it--which I assume they would've built the house around--are as dark and disturbing as any IP HHN has used. As a movie, it would've been a hard R rating. We'd still have the narrative we have this year, PG houses up front, dark and gory in the back. Glass half empty v. half full.

Fallow and OhHaiInternet95 like this.
  11. Lucky Planet

Lucky Planet Veteran Member

True, but I dont remember the mods being biased.

12. Legacy

Legacy Veteran Member

They missed the GoT boat regardless. They should have done it three years ago, with the house strictly being “Game of Thrones: Hardhome.” Then “GoT: Battle of the Bastards,” “GoT: The Wall,” and finally, “GoT: The Long Night.”

Basically, they COULD have done multiple houses, each focused on the episodes that feature mostly battles and monsters. The moments gone now though.

13. ghostsarejerks

ghostsarejerks Newcomer

They could still do a Game of Thrones haunt, it’s so engrained in the modern pop culture that a separation of a few years between the end of the show and a theme park haunt would make people very nostalgic. I personally would love a Battle of Winterfell maze

Lucky Planet likes this.
  14. ThemeParks4Life

ThemeParks4Life Veteran Member

I went on Friday night and had a blast. I don’t know if it’s my favorite year I’ve attended, but it’s up there for consistency. With express, I was able to do a total of 14 houses and could’ve done more if I wasn’t tired or Monsters didn’t break when I wanted to go through again. I’m excited to attend again in a few weeks!

merlin0402, ssirin88, Mad Dog and 6 others like this.
  15. AlexanderMBush

AlexanderMBush Legendary Member

Personally, while I may not discount the idea of GoT coming completely (as HBO/Warner are developing MULTIPLE prequel shows with GRR); the amount of excitement for it is definitely lower than I think it would've been..

16. Returning-The-Reaction

Returning-The-Reaction Member

17. OhHaiInternet95

:crazy:

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
  18. DannyPowers

DannyPowers Member

Seriously. Everyone knows that demons don't haunt people. Ghosts haunt people, demons posses them.

19. The Storyteller

The Storyteller Newcomer

I know it’s kind of been labeled as a meh house, but we gotta pack House of 1000 Corpses this weekend. Savor every moment of the house. Do it for Sid, y’all.

20. rhino4evr

rhino4evr Veteran Member

Lol at people thinking this event is “family friendly”