Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Waits and Uptime Reports - Hagrid’s Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

Still down as of 15:00. Staff said it’ll be pure luck if they can reopen today, but seems unlikely. Team are doing a great job of keeping everyone informed and taking time to answer questions:grin:

Still, seems like something Hagrid should be more than qualified to deal with...:whistle:

Maybe it's not bees and instead some crafty guests are forgetting to empty their pockets before riding.
giphy.gif

Wow!

We arrived yesterday and had always planned to try and get on Hagrids but we got here pretty late so didn’t bother.

We eventually headed to Hogsmeded at about 7.20pm Hagrids had a posted 60 minute wait so we took the opportunity and ran in!

We waited 25 minutes and managed to have a complete night ride, I rode on the motor bike and I’m still lost for words, what an incredible ride.

Oh, so one more question completely different subject. We are flying out tomorrow and still haven’t seen the Gringotts dragon breathe fire. Are there specific times? The ollivanders door person said it was “all up to her”. Not helpful !! Any tips? We plan on going to the park at 7am for early arrival and hope to see it before we leave the park at 12am. Any info greatly appreciated. Thanks.

It's every 10 minutes unless wind/rain.

We also got lucky yesterday - the ride was down the majority of the day because of the bee problem, so I’d pretty much given up on the idea of riding. We headed over to IoA from USF at around 4.45pm and were in Port of Entry when my obsessive checking of the app paid off and I saw that it was open. We quickly headed over to Hagrid’s, with people literally sprinting past us as we walked up, and were in the queue by 5.05pm. We walked straight through to the caves just before the last room of switchbacks before boarding, got the second to front row, and were off the ride by 5.30pm.

We wanted to ride again but it was delayed shortly after, so we headed to Margaritaville for some drinks instead. We were sitting at the bar when I noticed it had reopened so we quickly downed our fresh drinks, paid and stumbled back over. This time we waited around 25 minutes and got the front row for a night ride, which I never expected with the ride closing early every day at the moment. By the time we got off it was 7.45pm and the ride was at capacity, or else we would have hopped back in line again.

The ride is incredible, and even better at night. I had high expectations but it easily surpassed them. I was pretty disappointed yesterday re the bees closing the ride for almost the entire day, but it worked out to our advantage in the end as they operated the ride into the evening instead. Hoping to get back on it either today or tomorrow.

We also got lucky yesterday - the ride was down the majority of the day because of the bee problem, so I’d pretty much given up on the idea of riding. We headed over to IoA from USF at around 4.45pm and were in Port of Entry when my obsessive checking of the app paid off and I saw that it was open. We quickly headed over to Hagrid’s, with people literally sprinting past us as we walked up, and were in the queue by 5.05pm. We walked straight through to the caves just before the last room of switchbacks before boarding, got the second to front row, and were off the ride by 5.30pm.

We wanted to ride again but it was delayed shortly after, so we headed to Margaritaville for some drinks instead. We were sitting at the bar when I noticed it had reopened so we quickly downed our fresh drinks, paid and stumbled back over. This time we waited around 25 minutes and got the front row for a night ride, which I never expected with the ride closing early every day at the moment. By the time we got off it was 7.45pm and the ride was at capacity, or else we would have hopped back in line again.

The ride is incredible, and even better at night. I had high expectations but it easily surpassed them. I was pretty disappointed yesterday re the bees closing the ride for almost the entire day, but it worked out to our advantage in the end as they operated the ride into the evening instead. Hoping to get back on it either today or tomorrow.
You might say the way it worked out was ..... magical?

Hagrid firing on all cylinders so far today. Got in line at 11:40 out by 12:27

Edit: Seen as I’ve had great luck riding I gave my ruby pass to a little girl who’s mum didn’t wanna ride. Magic is universal. “You will make it to the care of magical creatures class little huffle puff”

Last edited:
If every ride has a warning for those sensitive to fog effects, I think they can throw together a temporary A-frame sign for unusual bee activity for days like these.

If every ride has a warning for those sensitive to fog effects, I think they can throw together a temporary A-frame sign for unusual bee activity for days like these.

Legally, what's the situation with the bees if somebody does get stung?

I'm amazed they haven't put a sign out yet.