Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

I made the topic in HHN General about whatever IPs were left to use and honestly there weren’t too many. The Ring, Conjuring, IT, The Living Dead series, Shakespeare, Amityville Horror. They are pretty big names in horror but besides It none of them are gonna be huge draws for people nowadays.

I know after Edgar Allan Poe, a lot of people wanted HP Lovecraft.
But im not sure how big that could be.

Also, a funny house to replace killer clowns could be Gremlins or Critters
Since it would be the funny house i dont think it could matter if it wasnt scary.

Return of the living dead would be pretty epic to recreate. And they can reuse the sets of the cemetary games house.

I made the topic in HHN General about whatever IPs were left to use and honestly there weren’t too many. The Ring, Conjuring, IT, The Living Dead series, Shakespeare, Amityville Horror. They are pretty big names in horror but besides It none of them are gonna be huge draws for people nowadays.

I know it's PG-13 but I would be very interested to see what they could do with The Ring--that's one I think they'd be best off going an abstract route with.

I recall a number of people complaining last year that the crowds had gotten too huge, wild, and uncomfortable the past couple HHN's, that because of those factors HHN wasn't as much fun for them anymore. Just wandering if the too many unwieldly crowds in the past,and the negative experiences created by overcrowding, have caused many to cut back the number of planned visits this year, or not even attend at all.

I think this is happening everywhere in Orlando more so at Disney... I think the reason the crowds everywhere are a bit lighter is over the last few years it being so crowded, people are thinking about their last trip how expensive, and busy it was and thinking they don't want to spend all that money to wait in those long lines. I think that's also why the Galaxies Edge openings were so surprisingly light crowd wise was because everyone was anticipating MASSIVE crowds so everyone decided to wait until the "crowds die down" but it seems like everyone had the same idea.

I think many people are missing a potential huge factor in lower crowds...

With Disney having their D23's showing off all of their new stuff that won't be open until 2021 and Universal just announcing Epic Universe, why would you come to Orlando right now?

Both Resorts are laying it out on the table that they have amazing stuff in the pipeline, but with how expensive an Orlando vacation is, why not just wait a few years until a majority of this stuff is actually open?

It looks like the mystery of "The Missing Wednesday" may be solved. There's a park buy-out for this group next week.

Workday Rising | Oct. 14–17, 2019 | Orlando
Makes sense. I will be there that week starting on the 16th. I booked the trip knowing the 16 had no HHN but the 17 does and I have a UTH 3 house tour and then going to HHN again the 18. I wish it could have been a week where I could go Wednesday it just worked with my work to go the 16.

I am at universal today and have HHN tickets for tonight. if j wand to eat at finnigeans and ataybfor SS what time should I get there to get a table? any ideas anyone?

I am at universal today and have HHN tickets for tonight. if j wand to eat at finnigeans and ataybfor SS what time should I get there to get a table? any ideas anyone?
I say no later then 4 but between 3:30-4. It usually gets busy around 4 as crowds start to gather for HHN. I have never done this so I can’t say for sure and someone might know more them me on this.

On Sunday we were allowed into the holding area about 16:10 and went straight to Finnegans and no issues but by about 16:30 they were making people wait as it was filling up.

I say 3 to 330 to make sure you have a spot. Tell the staff you’re doing S&S, there will be someone going around scanning tickets.

Attended HHN last week for 2 nights. Had Express for the first time - will never go without it again. Words cannot describe how great it is.

I really enjoyed this year, there really isn't a bad house. Also, in my very humble personal opinion, Marathon of Mayhem is the greatest thing I've experienced at HHN.