Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 589 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
just a matter of how they honor it. Are we talking nods like HHN 20, or all-in like 25? I think it’ll be closer to 20, personally.

I'm hoping they go big. It is xxx after all.

I had a blast at 25. 28 was amazing for me hence why this year hasn't quite hit the spot for me. It's been good but not great.

Setting off for our last visit shortly as we fly home on Thursday and with Wednesdays park buy out I can't pop in for one last visit.

Hoping to get a good night in as expecting the park to be full and Thursday was a good night.

I had a blast at 25. 28 was amazing for me hence why this year hasn't quite hit the spot for me. It's been good but not great.

Setting off for our last visit shortly as we fly home on Thursday and with Wednesdays park buy out I can't pop in for one last visit.

Hoping to get a good night in as expecting the park to be full and Thursday was a good night.

Pretty much the same for us!

In the Stranger things S&S now about half full the main area.

Why go big when 30 is just another anniversary year, IMO. They did variations of "anniversary" type years for 16, 20, and then 25. They need to go big for milestone years, like 40 or 50. You don't want too much "wash, rinse, repeat".

If we get any sort of “preview” for next year, it will probably be an announcement video shortly after the end of the event. Similar to like they did for 25, where they announced Jack would be back.

Reactions: londonwerecat
If we get any sort of “preview” for next year, it will probably be an announcement video shortly after the end of the event. Similar to like they did for 25, where they announced Jack would be back.

Honestly, I feel the only way we'll get any nod is if they have already decided to use an icon (aka bringing back Jack). If they are still going iconless or "undecided", we'll get nothing.

Why go big when 30 is just another anniversary year, IMO. They did variations of "anniversary" type years for 16, 20, and then 25. They need to go big for milestone years, like 40 or 50. You don't want too much "wash, rinse, repeat".

Come to think of it, I would like something a wee bit different from 25. Another carnival setup hosted by Jack and Chance = hard pass.

Last edited:

I suspect we'll get Jack because it seems like he's always the fallback when they hit a stumbling block. And I'm sure he moves merch like no other original content.

That said, I agree with your basic point. When a big criticism this year is lack of actors in the marquee houses, not sure adding another house or three will help anything. Honestly I'd rather see effort put toward re-inventing scare-zones for the post-cell phone/huge crowd era, that has been the weakest link this year. Save the big nostalgia parties for 40, 50... Gives more time to develop original content fans want to revisit.

I suspect we'll get Jack because it seems like he's always the fallback when they hit a stumbling block. And I'm sure he moves merch like no other original content.

That said, I agree with your basic point. When a big criticism this year is lack of actors in the marquee houses, not sure adding another house or three will help anything. Honestly I'd rather see effort put toward re-inventing scare-zones for the post-cell phone/huge crowd era, that has been the weakest link this year. Save the big nostalgia parties for 40, 50... Gives more time to develop original content fans want to revisit.

Me whenever someone says they should add more houses:

Attachments

• tenor.gif
    tenor.gif
    559.5 KB · Views: 29