Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 590 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Most probably one for after the 3rd November but when I say big I dont necessarily mean more.

Just some classic IPs and more of what was attempted in graveyard games, trying new things etc.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
I suspect we'll get Jack because it seems like he's always the fallback when they hit a stumbling block. And I'm sure he moves merch like no other original content.

That said, I agree with your basic point. When a big criticism this year is lack of actors in the marquee houses, not sure adding another house or three will help anything. Honestly I'd rather see effort put toward re-inventing scare-zones for the post-cell phone/huge crowd era, that has been the weakest link this year. Save the big nostalgia parties for 40, 50... Gives more time to develop original content fans want to revisit.

Everyone is expecting a big hhn for next year. Pretty much everyone expects or speculates that the icons are coming back in some way.
Uni might not do anything big, but basically everyone expects it.

I see an original house based on an icon(s) happening, that's it.

I think we get a Terra based original house. No way the event is focused on it but hey.

I could see something like Hallow'd Past that takes place in a warehouse again but this time go for an open floor plan--CGY done right. Not sure whether I'd prefer to see that or a HNN-style house, just on a larger scale.

Gotta wonder how many people they'd anger if there was absolutely nothing "big" done. They wouldn't have to do a traditional anniversary format to constitute as "doing something big," though--if they were somehow able to land It, that would absolutely count as "something big."

Last edited:
Reactions: Horror Lover
I could see something like Hallow'd Past that takes place in a warehouse again but this time go for an open floor plan--CGY done right. Not sure whether I'd prefer to see that or a HNN-style house, just on a larger scale.

Gotta wonder how many people they'd anger if there was absolutely nothing "big" done. They wouldn't have to do a traditional anniversary format to constitute as "doing something big," though--if they were somehow able to land It, that would absolutely count as "something big."

Back in the HHN Nightmare days, I remember lurking on their Orlando section during the build-up to HHN 20.. and quite a few were upset that they chose to go with all-new ideas rather than go with a best-of type event ala HHN Sweet 16 like they were hoping.. I remember the spec back then was similar to 16 where each Icon got their own house and maybe an IP or two.. and the disappointment of a few people when it turned out that it was essentially just another HHN year with one house and one scarezone that honored the past history..

Everyone is expecting a big hhn for next year. Pretty much everyone expects or speculates that the icons are coming back in some way.
Uni might not do anything big, but basically everyone expects it.
The fans expect it. The fans aren’t everyone.
Back in the HHN Nightmare days, I remember lurking on their Orlando section during the build-up to HHN 20.. and quite a few were upset that they chose to go with all-new ideas rather than go with a best-of type event ala HHN Sweet 16 like they were hoping.. I remember the spec back then was similar to 16 where each Icon got their own house and maybe an IP or two.. and the disappointment of a few people when it turned out that it was essentially just another HHN year with one house and one scarezone that honored the past history..
And 20 was better for it.

That said, this is the 29 thread.

The fans expect it. The fans aren’t everyone.

And 20 was better for it.

That said, this is the 29 thread.

There is something to be said for new things. But I'm hoping we can get one throwback house (TC would count as such, IMO).

Alright, my apologies everyone. Back to 29.

Hey everyone , do you know if the Killer Klowns plastic blinking cups are for sale yet? When we went , they weren’t.

if anyone is going and wanted to pick up an extra one, I’d be happy to Venmo/PayPal you the money + shipping

Please PM me if you can! Thank you!!!

I’ll include the cost of the beer and then some !

Just saw the Klowns blinks cups are for sale starting tonight.

I’ve only been going to HHN for a few years, but I’m always hearing about how “HHN isn’t scary anymore.” Do you guys think they will amp it up for 30?

I’ve only been going to HHN for a few years, but I’m always hearing about how “HHN isn’t scary anymore.” Do you guys think they will amp it up for 30?

The IPs the last two years have definitely not been--I don't believe it's any coincidence that the IPs got further PG the very same year WB and Fox properties went offline. Stranger Things duh, Poltergeist is PG (would've been PG-13 later), TrT is a black comedy, and HDD is basically a romcom. GB duh, and KKFOS is a black comedy. Remains to be seen if WB properties will be available again.

With the originals, last year a few of them went a little too much for laughs (looking at you, Scary Tales). However, all the originals this year are played completely straight and as intense as they ever were, IMO. :)

Last edited:
Last night was the busiest I've seen by far this year, but Express lines were pretty low across the board. Has anyone else noticed Express being way shorter this season? Thoughts on if we finally hit the paywall or is it still just whatever odd stuff is going on this year... Or of course that I've just been lucky?

Reactions: SeventyOne
Last night was the busiest I've seen by far this year, but Express lines were pretty low across the board. Has anyone else noticed Express being way shorter this season? Thoughts on if we finally hit the paywall or is it still just whatever odd stuff is going on this year... Or of course that I've just been lucky?
The last few times I've noticed that Express wasn't as busy but RIP were definitely used a lot

Reactions: MrRoamer

Longest we queued last night with Express was about 20 mins. I think that was either on depths or nightingales

Ghostbusters, yeti, Us and stranger things we were in within about 3 minutes no matter what the queue time said.

Reactions: MrRoamer
Saturday and Sunday lots of folks from Miami came up (and I mean lots... similar to the UCF Night), so that was definitely a big factor. Was close to a sell out last night as far as I know. We're getting to that point in the event where just about everyday is gonna be crazy busy.