Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

They need to go big for milestone years, like 40 or 50. You don't want too much "wash, rinse, repeat".

What’s the difference between 30 and 40? Neither are really milestones.

IMO it’s not when they do it, but how they do it. If it’s going to be like 25 every five years, then no thanks. Plus, they’re currently not generating enough original content for future anniversaries. At some point, it really will be wash, rinse, and repeat.

IMO it’s not when they do it, but how they do it. If it’s going to be like 25 every five years, then no thanks. Plus, they’re currently not generating enough original content for future anniversaries. At some point, it really will be wash, rinse, and repeat.
Yeah, i'm all for throwing the biggest damn celebration when HHN 50 hits in 20 years, bit if we're just gonna consider ever year on the 5's an anniversary (and continuously trot out Jack like a quarterback that refuses to retire) then don't they begin to lose what's supposed to be special about them? 25 was certainly more of a "milestone" anniversary than 30 is.

30 doesn’t feel as big because 25 is the “bigger one”. 40 seems to be “were almost at 50” type of anniversary. Ultimately though, it’s picking apart little things so 30/40 can be whatever. Just matter of my opinion at this point.

Longest we queued last night with Express was about 20 mins. I think that was either on depths or nightingales

Ghostbusters, yeti, Us and stranger things we were in within about 3 minutes no matter what the queue time said.
Not invalidating you or anything, but my experience was the exact opposite. Hour-long waits in queue lengths that I know typically take half an hour or so to traverse (Corpses and Monsters) because the Express queue just stretched THAT far back. Even far enough in the queue to be next to the Mardi Gras float next to Monsters, I had a moment where we didn’t move an inch for five minutes or so. Very small movements when there were any because of the Express-to-regular ratio.

If we’re saying that HHN will treat its anniversaries like humans treat their birthdays, then HHN40 is going to suck.

I’m turning 40 in a month, and have asked for no presents, and my big event is going to be eating a pizza and watching horror movies with a few good ciders.

So, I guess they’ll have like two houses and Jack holding a sparkler for a show?

Not invalidating you or anything, but my experience was the exact opposite. Hour-long waits in queue lengths that I know typically take half an hour or so to traverse (Corpses and Monsters) because the Express queue just stretched THAT far back. Even far enough in the queue to be next to the Mardi Gras float next to Monsters, I had a moment where we didn’t move an inch for five minutes or so. Very small movements when there were any because of the Express-to-regular ratio.

Guess we just had a good run. In fairness we didn't turn up until 8ish and hit the back of the park first. Some of the really short waits came late in the event after midnight.

Is there usually a drop-off in performance towards the end of the event? Asking because I might go back to HHN on November 2nd, but don't want to be disappointed because the performers aren't trying as hard due to everything coming to an end.

Is there usually a drop-off in performance towards the end of the event? Asking because I might go back to HHN on November 2nd, but don't want to be disappointed because the performers aren't trying as hard due to everything coming to an end.
There has already been a drop off, but that shouldn’t preclude you from going and having fun!

30 doesn’t feel as big because 25 is the “bigger one”. 40 seems to be “were almost at 50” type of anniversary. Ultimately though, it’s picking apart little things so 30/40 can be whatever. Just matter of my opinion at this point.

I'd argue 30 is important because it's not only year 30, but the first year under new head leadership.

Personally, the further I get from my 29 trip, the more I feel like the formula that started around year 23 just feels stale. And I think the public at large agrees. Now, HHN can just ignore that because they're the only viable game in town, but I would hope that would be an impetus for change.

I also know this is sadly out of A&D's hands for whatever reason, but if there is going to be an icon next year, it shouldn't be Jack. It should be something new and fresh.