Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

I've heard from some friends about the proton packs and how they weigh 30-40 lbs because Sony wanted it that way. It's utterly stupid.
I haven’t gotten any updates lately, but the last time I checked, I believe three of the ten Ghostbusters quit specifically over the proton packs. I can’t tell you which ones, other than it’s A) cast A Wynston, B) not either Venkman, and C) one of the Gozer Rays. I want to say Cast A Gozer Ray is the one that keeps getting filled by a reserve.

But yeah, many many complaints about the packs. Three out of ten (and counting, possibly) is an awful number of face characters to lose over that simple of a costuming issue that should never have even been an issue in the first place. The worst part, for me, is that the packs aren’t being modified; at least the Mouthbrooders got some costume modifications. The packs have stayed the same through all of the complaints and it’s just like, “that sucks, but you can tolerate it until the end of the season.”

Wait. So are you saying the best time to go to get the optimal experience is to go in September? The reason I ask is because I always go the last few weeks of OCT. If the best experience is during Sept. then maybe I should reconsider the times I go each year.

Its kind of double edged. Going later allows the crews to get in their grooves, but attrition builds up and their casts are seeing more and more holes due to lost members.

This is the main perk of getting a full FF pass. We get to see the entire event, nearly every year my favorite house at the beginning is totally different than my favorite house at the end. Sometimes its because they fixed something that wasn't working (Havoc) and sometimes the crew is decimated and key gags break (Carnival Graveyard)
Week three is, and always will be, the "best" week to attend. Performers have found their rhythm without fatigue ruining the performances, and effects have either been finalized or haven't broken yet.

Week three is, and always will be, the "best" week to attend. Performers have found their rhythm without fatigue ruining the performances, and effects have either been finalized or haven't broken yet.

Sweet. I will book during this week next year and see how it goes! The only thing that concerns me is the Hurricane frequency during that time vs Late Oct.

Last edited:
Just tried to get in line for 1k corpses with EP, and they warned us it would be over an hour wait. Please is picked, believe it’s a sell out (if cms are to be believed).

Orange and Seminole schools out today/tomorrow. This is Hell Week.
EDChaxd.png

Do you think it will be busy this Saturday(tomorrow)? Im sort of worried because I don't have an EP. Im planning to get to the gates around 4:15 but i'm still scared its going to be packed. Also, tomorrow is the most expensive night so I don't know if thats a good or bad thing.:afraid:

Last edited:
Do you think it will be busy this Saturday(tomorrow)? Im sort of worried because I don't an EP. Im planning to get to the gates around 4:15 but i'm still scared its going to be packed. Also, tomorrow is the most expensive night so I don't know if thats a good or bad thing.:afraid:

Yes it’ll be packed. If you can’t afford express, buy the Scream Early admission for $25. It’ll give you access to the Stay and Screams and a jump on the crowds.