MIB: Alien Attack Revamp? | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

MIB: Alien Attack Revamp?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
When I went on MIB recently (a few weeks ago), it appeared that work lights were on after the Tunnel scene, in Times Square. Anyone have any inside scoop as to what is going on?

Rode MIB today. They skipped the Universe and You pre-show with the elevator! I’m really bummed about this. It was one of my favorite pieces of storytelling in the ride.

That’s two skipped pre-shows this trip. Is this becoming more normal?

Reactions: tankart150
Rode MIB today. They skipped the Universe and You pre-show with the elevator! I’m really bummed about this. It was one of my favorite pieces of storytelling in the ride.

Sounds like you're having bad luck. For various reasons they skip the Universe and You bit. Short-staffed, too busy, last hour of the night and not enough guests to fill the room, etc. Personally, I would inform a Team Member that you are not happy that they skipped it, and maybe even let Guest Services know. I'd hate to see this become standard as well.

That pre-show is used when they want to stagger the line during busier seasons. If the line is 5 min, no reason to stagger.

Yeah...that would be awful if I didn't get to listen to that pre-show every single time I wanted to ride...

...so, not always, as it turns out. I went in the normal line with my family today, and I gotta say, the whole ride experience is very fun! I didn't realize that Rip and Will had shot new footage beyond just what you see/hear on the ride itself.

With that comes a couple of questions, though: in the Immigration Room, I looked down and saw "case files" for different fictional aliens, and I was pleasantly surprised to see Bumblebee from Transformers on there. 1.) Does anyone know have a photo of his file, showing what it says, and 2.) would something like this require an O.K. from all parties involved (Sony, Hasbro, Paramount, et al.), or is this just something the Team Members did for funsies?

MIBI flopped, so it isn't surprising if Alien Attack is now on the short-list considering it's ride system. Plus..if F&F is properly done in a way it was meant to be (perhaps, per say, doing a spin of it based off of Tokyo Drift with the action of the new films), it could fit into the park extremely well.

• Angry
Reactions: tankart150
Some of you MIB fans are not going to be happy.

For those of you not in the know, @Legacy is saying the F&F and MIB will be replaced in the future, F&F by a Knight Bus attraction and MIB by a new F&F attraction. This is still a rumor at this time, but hoooo boy.
MIB was ALWAYS going to get replaced. The ride system is obsolete and it’s considered a dead franchise at the moment.

Last edited:
MIB was ALWAYS going to get replaced. The ride system is obsolete and it’s considered a dead franchise at the moment.
Fair point, but it's a beloved attraction, and if they replace it with a Fast and Furious attraction that doesn't deliver...whoo boy.

However, the fact that they're considering F&F to replace such a beloved attraction, it suggests they've devised something excellent.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Fair point, but it's a beloved attraction, and if they replace it with a Fast and Furious attraction that doesn't deliver...whoo boy.

However, the fact that they're considering F&F to replace such a beloved attraction, it suggests they've devised something excellent.
The original plan for the MiB plot was an Apollo 13 themed indoor coaster. Considering the attraction‘s access to the back lot, if it comes to pass, it’ll probably be notable.