Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

There are very flimsy rumors of possible DL softs next week when I'm there, and the question is do I want to try to get in line if it does open and possibly waste a day, or do I buy a ticket for DHS in February.

You can see the bind I'm in.

If it was me, I'd risk waiting in line but I wouldn't plan a day around it. If it happens, it happens.

There are very flimsy rumors of possible DL softs next week when I'm there, and the question is do I want to try to get in line if it does open and possibly waste a day, or do I buy a ticket for DHS in February.

You can see the bind I'm in.
Hm, if they're doing softs truly then the operations must be MUCH better than DHS. DHS is opening literally this week so their problems could linger, where it seems they have better operations at DL. Although of course its very early for them compared to 3 months for DHS but idk, if softs truly happen I would go for it at DL. Part of the opening fun and rush of it all plus you won't be spoiled. Just my take, I have no idea the history of softs with Disney and how they tend to operate with those however.

Posters are getting pretty nervous about opening week at DHS on Magic's ROTR thread.

Week? I’d say months.

Hm, if they're doing softs truly then the operations must be MUCH better than DHS. DHS is opening literally this week so their problems could linger, where it seems they have better operations at DL. Although of course its very early for them compared to 3 months for DHS but idk, if softs truly happen I would go for it at DL. Part of the opening fun and rush of it all plus you won't be spoiled. Just my take, I have no idea the history of softs with Disney and how they tend to operate with those however.

I’m guessing the changes made to DL’s that caused it to slip into Jan 2020 probably play a role in it. Plus also why it wouldn’t be as simple as adopting DL’s best practices in WDW.

The most interesting thing on magic is that (if true) Chapek literally ordered the ride to open on December 5th, when it wasnt even ready until December 14th, at the absolute earliest. Like why? The ride truly does not sound like it is ready. YIKES. I truly wish them the best in the coming weeks/months or whatever. But man, could Chapek get the can for this if the opening here brings only more bad press? Seems like he really forced the decision to open early. The press doesn't seem to have tainted Hagrid's, but Disney coverage is a whole other animal so idk. We've already seen 1 fall for SWGE. I don't wish the man out of the job or anything either, for the record. But from an outside perspective it seems like a very poor choice on his part.

The most interesting thing on magic is that (if true) Chapek literally ordered the ride to open on December 5th, when it wasnt even ready until December 14th, at the absolute earliest. Like why? The ride truly does not sound like it is ready. YIKES. I truly wish them the best in the coming weeks/months or whatever. But man, could Chapek get the can for this if the opening here brings only more bad press? Seems like he really forced the decision to open early. The press doesn't seem to have tainted Hagrid's, but Disney coverage is a whole other animal so idk. We've already seen 1 fall for SWGE. I don't wish the man out of the job or anything either, for the record. But from an outside perspective it seems like a very poor choice on his part.

Hagrid worked during media previews.

Hagrid worked during media previews.
Im more talking about negative reception about its operations, but that maybe isn't a major story or anything. For either parks. I don't always follow larger media outlets for the parks but I do get the sense in general that Disney has a little bit more national coverage because the parks are just simply more famous. So idk. The other interesting part was Iger being worried if Ep9 is received poorly that the ride being the Disney Trilogy might taint the ride despite how good it is. Makes me more worried for Ep9 if anything, but the ride still sounds ridiculously good.

Im more talking about negative reception about its operations, but that maybe isn't a major story or anything. For either parks. I don't always follow larger media outlets for the parks but I do get the sense in general that Disney has a little bit more national coverage because the parks are just simply more famous. So idk. The other interesting part was Iger being worried if Ep9 is received poorly that the ride being the Disney Trilogy might taint the ride despite how good it is. Makes me more worried for Ep9 if anything, but the ride still sounds ridiculously good.

Lucky they have an ace in the sleeve for Star Wars.

Marni just said (on Magic) that the Disney listed theoretical operational capacity when running perfectly is at 1700 per hour. And the posters that said there's issues are saying only a little over half of the vehicles are operating at this point in time. So, even if the opening goes without breakdowns, it sounds like capacity is going to be a low 900 to 1000 per hr. at opening.

Marni just said (on Magic) that the Disney listed theoretical operational capacity when running perfectly is at 1700 per hour. And the posters that said there's issues are saying only a little over half of the vehicles are operating at this point in time. So, even if the opening goes without breakdowns, it sounds like capacity is going to be a low 900 to 1000 per hr. at opening.

That's also assuming both lifts are working, I would assume. If the rumor of only one of them work reliably is true, I have to wonder if that cuts down capacity even further

The most interesting thing on magic is that (if true) Chapek literally ordered the ride to open on December 5th, when it wasnt even ready until December 14th, at the absolute earliest. Like why? ..... But from an outside perspective it seems like a very poor choice on his part.
Sounds to me like it's the decision of an Executive on the hot seat. He may well be rolling the dice in the hopes it saves his job.

Not sure if this has been brought up before but, why are the AT-ATs in this ride modeled after the Empire's? Shouldn't they be the First Order's version featured in The Last Jedi? Doesn't it ruin the continuity for when this ride takes place?

I'd much rather them look like the Empire's version like they currently have it for the sake of nostalgia.

Not sure if this has been brought up before but, why are the AT-ATs in this ride modeled after the Empire's? Shouldn't they be the First Order's version featured in The Last Jedi? Doesn't it ruin the continuity for when this ride takes place?

I'd much rather them look like the Empire's version like they currently have it for the sake of nostalgia.
Maybe they just repo'd them and gotta get them to the shop for an upgrade.