Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS) | Page 74 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
As a cynic with an admitted ambivalence to Star Wars as a franchise and story,

The ride needs Baby Yoda.

Seriously though, I'm not sure how I would feel if I waited more that an hour for this.

We were just—I was just explaining my personal preference, and how it in no way was meant to be construed as negative criticism. A personal preference doesn't equal negative criticism. Disney shouldn't be designing rides just for me, and if I were them I would make the preshows mandatory for this one too lol. Not everything needs to be an argument, I think we all agree here.

We were just—I was just explaining my personal preference, and how it in no way was meant to be construed as negative criticism. A personal preference doesn't equal negative criticism. Disney shouldn't be designing rides just for me, and if I were them I would make the preshows mandatory for this one too lol. Not everything needs to be an argument, I think we all agree here.

Some like blue cheese on their wings, some like ranch, and some just like wing itself. None of them are wrong.

I guess after watching the videos - how much pressure will this put onto Universal to top it in the new park? Is it even possible or necessary?

Totally because UC and WDI are full of end-of-career people who want to have the best so I think it’ll weigh on their minds when the budget is reviewed. Similar to how SWGE was created in response to Diagon.

I guess after watching the videos - how much pressure will this put onto Universal to top it in the new park? Is it even possible or necessary?
Considering Universal created Spiderman, Forbidden Journey, and is developing Mario Kart, a Kuka-based Monsters ride, a more Harry Potter, "possible" to top is an easy yes.

Necessary? Depends. If they put three or four attractions that are 90% "as good as this," then I don't think it is.

The biggest challenge is actually how well Rise partners with Runaway Railroad.
What is the pleasure you get out of a ride having technical issues? It sucks for Hagrid and it sucks here, especially since both seem to be great rides when working properly.
Because I'm a fan of schadenfreude who hasn't visited a theme park since 2011 and have no plans to again in the near future.

CHAOS!

Reactions: MartyMcFly
Pretty excited to see what they put together for the media opening tonight. Especially with the whole Xwing effect looming..

I remember not caring about openings and then UC pulled off the drone boxes during the Hagrid opening. I thought it was super cool and really added a touch of special excitement for the ride debut.

I hope Rise has the same opening, and eventual success!

The biggest challenge is actually how well Rise partners with Runaway Railroad.
Runaway Railway is gonna have a completely different vibe so I think it’ll mesh fine. Just because they share a ride system doesn’t mean they are anywhere near the same ride.

I mean this as no slight to Rise, as I think it looks great, but I think multiple existing Universal attractions look just as good already, and I expect Mario Kart at the very least to be on that level as well.

I mean this as no slight to Rise, as I think it looks great, but I think multiple existing Universal attractions look just as good already, and I expect Mario Kart at the very least to be on that level as well.
Well we only have about 6-7 months before we’ll get POVs of Mario Kart so we’ll find out soon enough.

IDK, it already feels like a plussed up "Spider-man". It is definitely evolutionary not revolutionary. Other than some visual effects, there is not much new here. It's just bigger...and slower.

I am concerned that after a couple of ride thrus, pacing issues may reveal themselves.

Last edited:
Ride looks amazing. The one thing I don’t like is the storm troopers with just a moving head. Doesn’t really look great and that giant room just looks dull due to it. Likely to fee different once I am there though.