Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

Poor communication again on what to expect. However, any non-hotel guest should have realized they had a very small chance of getting to ride today.
Oh, absolutely. I had no expectations for today personally, so I’m thrilled I landed something. I’m just baffled by the communication. EMH were told they wouldn’t be able to book until 8, as were the regular guests. They responded to tweets saying 8 AM. Etc. Screwed a lot of guests over in a lot of different ways. Especially for situations such as EMH guests who were told “don’t bother until 8” only to be on a ride when boarding passes went live. There just needs to be a more clear and concise message at this point.

I’d argue both scale and scope won’t match this level, but we shall see.
MK is a much more technically complex attraction than RotR. It's like taking RotR and then layering the the real-time interactive gaming engines of MF:SR+AR on top of it.

RotR isn't really a technical marvel as much as a mind blowing collection of previously seen tech. Which can also be said for Hagrid's.

Last edited:
I am baffled at Disney's logic in the intentional misinformation going on with this attraction. I can understand internal miscommunication on opening day and maybe even day 2. But it is pretty obvious that this isn't internal miscommunication. It is obviously an intentional plan of misinformation. I don't get it.

I am baffled at Disney's logic in the intentional misinformation going on with this attraction. I can understand internal miscommunication on opening day and maybe even day 2. But it is pretty obvious that this isn't internal miscommunication. It is obviously an intentional plan of misinformation. I don't get it.
I think they wanna minimize the amount of upset guests is my guess.

Saturday's Touring Plans 'projected' DHS crowd , Level 10...'Actual Observed' crowd level was a Level 2. (Note: Crowd levels reflect the crowd level feel of the park. They are not actual attendance figures, though they may be an indicator of attendance. )

Last edited:
I think a lot of the disinformation is still somewhat unintentional, at least from an “organizational” perspective. I’d actually blame it on indecisiveness and a “need” to adjust plans. The miscommunication is coming from too many methods of giving information in the face of a weirdly fluid situation.

WDW's website has like completely hidden the virtual line info, which is weird considering it is required currently to ride Rise.

Not on the ride page: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/hollywood-studios/star-wars-rise-of-the-resistance/

Not in the FAQ for land access: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/d...udios/star-wars-galaxys-edge/#drawer-card-9-2

Here it is, on the planning and tips page for Galaxy's Edge, in a little box halfway down: Planning & Reservation Guide for Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge | Walt Disney World Resort

This link is not on the Rise ride page. To get to it users must first click on "Know Before You Go" under the "Related Activities" banner near bottom of ride listing. Then, at the bottom of that page you need to find a link that says "For additional information about Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, please visit our planning page," even though it could/should be included in the FAQ list right there. And then, on the Planning page you have to find it in a little box and click on "Read More" to finally see the steps to getting a virtual queue pass.

Easy peasy!

Hagrid's & RotR rocky openings strongly indicate why having 'soft openings' are so very important to to a new attraction. Perhaps these will be good lessons to Universal & Disney to never ever skip 'soft openings' in the future, and be more flexible about an official opening date.

Either they made the boarding groups larger today or capacity is struggling right now. Still on Boarding Groups 10-15 right now. Yesterday they were around the 25-35 region at this time despite also having a morning downtime. Unless it’s simply from the slightly later opening today, but it definitely feels slower currently.

Hagrid's & RotR rocky openings strongly indicate why having 'soft openings' are so very important to to a new attraction. Perhaps these will be good lessons to Universal & Disney to never ever skip 'soft openings' in the future, and be more flexible about an official opening date.

Lack of soft openings isn't a conscious decision they make months or years before opening. If you want to solve the real problem it's people higher up setting opening dates too far ahead.