Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

Well, if it's indeed apx. 50 now, that along with the number of boarding groups will give us a pretty good idea where daily capacity is at this early stage of the game, and what someone's chances are of getting on.
* 70 boarding groups: .....3,500 people per day apx.
*100 boarding groups......5,000 people per day
*125 boarding groups......6,250 people per day
*150 boarding groups......7,500 people per day
*200 boarding groups.....10,000 people per day

Are boarding passes assigned individually or for your entire party? Let's say my party of 5 signs up all at once. Do we get the same boarding group number or is it possible we get split in to different boarding groups? Depending on the answer, this may affect the metrics.

Are boarding passes assigned individually or for your entire party? Let's say my party of 5 signs up all at once. Do we get the same boarding group number or is it possible we get split in to different boarding groups? Depending on the answer, this may affect the metrics.

Entire party, unless you each make a separate reservation.

Right now (12pm), they’re boarding groups 46-65 currently. Yesterday around this time they were at 14-16 and didn’t get to 65 until 5PM.

They’ve been lucky with what seems to be no breakdowns so far today. Hopefully this turns out to be a good operational sign rather than just luck.

I rode it yesterday. The actual ride portion was pretty underwhelming; the trackless ride system, while the most logical choice for this attraction, is not very thrilling. However, I won’t contend with the idea that this is the most immersive theme park experience ever made...

8/10

the thrill factor is probably my main concern, but then again, I don't consider Haunted Mansion or Pirates to be "thrilling" and it's one of my favorite attractions ever. Not everything needs to be a thrill ride, and I'm sure the small "drop" adds just enough of that element.

I rode it yesterday. The actual ride portion was pretty underwhelming; the trackless ride system, while the most logical choice for this attraction, is not very thrilling. However, I won’t contend with the idea that this is the most immersive theme park experience ever made...

8/10
Serious question: Did the hype surrounding the ride factor into how you viewed it? I know for me I was trying to block it out but it was hard.

I found the ride to be plenty thrilling, although more the thrill of the spectacle. I need more rides to fully judge. Definitely top tier. I think it’s definitely the best all-around experience I’ve ever done.

I guess it's my time to shine. Light Spoilers ahead.

I had a hard time thinking about this ride when it came to a review. I got off and immediately wanted to ride again which is what matters the most.

The queue is nothing special. The pre-show and boarding procedure is fun and sets the tone of urgency. The disembarking onto the starship and seeing all the Stormtroopers was a true "holy sh!t" moment. All the pics do not do it justice. My wife turned to me and said "This is f'n amazing". I really hope the CMs keep up with the smarmy First Order attitude as it really helps sell the show.

The main "trackless" ride is good. Fun with some thrilling moments and neat special effects. However, the overall experience is fantastic and what sets it apart from the rest. You’re experiencing a Star Wars story in the height of attraction storytelling. Not a lot of rides feature the size and scope of the sets or storytelling that Rise accomplishes.

Now is this groundbreaking? In a way, yes and no. Nothing here is really new. Trackless has been done, simulators have been done, and it's not like pre-show "stories/intros" haven't been done either - but they haven't been done on this scope. When it comes right down to it- the whole is greater than the sum of its parts; which is what makes it a must-do in Orlando.

One thing that bums me out a bit about Galaxy’s Edge, especially with Rise now open, is the minimal representation of the Jedi/Force. You got Savi behind a paywall, and Kylo’s appearance in Rise.

I had a hard time thinking about this ride when it came to a review. I got off and immediately wanted to ride again which is what matters the most.

The queue is nothing special. The pre-show and boarding procedure is fun and sets the tone of urgency. The disembarking onto the starship and seeing all the Stormtroopers was a true "holy sh!t" moment. All the pics do not do it justice. My wife turned to me and said "This is f'n amazing". I really hope the CMs keep up with the smarmy First Order attitude as it really helps sell the show.

The main "trackless" ride is good. Fun with some thrilling moments and neat special effects. However, the overall experience is fantastic and what sets it apart from the rest. You’re experiencing a Star Wars story in the height of attraction storytelling. Not a lot of rides feature the size and scope of the sets or storytelling that Rise accomplishes.

Now is this groundbreaking? In a way, yes and no. Nothing here is really new. Trackless has been done, simulators have been done, and it's not like pre-show "stories/intros" haven't been done either - but they haven't been done on this scope. When it comes right down to it- the whole is greater than the sum of its parts; which is what makes it a must-do in Orlando.

One thing that bums me out a bit about Galaxy’s Edge, especially with Rise now open, is the minimal representation of the Jedi/Force. You got Savi behind a paywall, and Kylo’s appearance in Rise.

yeah...thinking back on this ...I really expected to see a AA Lightsaber duel at some point in the ride.

The queue is the worst part of the whole experience. Very ordinary by today’s standards. Sorta reminds me of the Flight of Passage queue’s caves.

The queue is nothing special. The pre-show and boarding procedure is fun and sets the tone of urgency. The disembarking unto the starship and seeing all the Stormtroopers was a true "holy sh!t" moment. All the pics do not do it justice. My wife turned to me and said "This is f'n amazing". I really hope the CMs keep up with the smarmy First Order attitude as it really helps sell the show.

I agree with pretty much all of this honestly.

With all of the arguing of Hagrid v. Rise, I think it's ironic that their main similarities are probably queue based :lol: Both are lackluster caves filled with props and the occasional neat moment. Certainly nothing to write home about.

The pre-show and everything pre-main ride is phenomenal. I don't know if you can even debate whether or not this is the greatest storytelling experience in a theme park attraction up until this point. It's incredibly immersive and just managed to keep surprising me time after time. The CMs can definitely make or break the experience though. Their interactions only make me crave a villains event/land/ride/park/literally anything even more lol.

I totally get your points on the main ride though. It's hard for me to say that it's not Spiderman 2.0 (or even 3.0 -- Please note that I do not mean this negatively at all). The similarities are there and it may not reinvent the wheel 100%, but there are some elements that totally blew me away simultaneously, most of which don't even seem to be the aspects that others are stunned by (the AT-AT scene was actually one of the least impressive aspects to me, but that's probably just from pictures stealing the thunder from the moment a bit). It's probably because I managed to detach myself from the speculation and finer details to an extent to be fair.

I've beat the drum on Savi's paywall enough, but the force comment is something that I couldn't quite put my finger on until riding Rise. Rise does a phenomenal job with it and it really highlights how much it's missing in the rest of the land.

yeah...thinking back on this ...I really expected to see a AA Lightsaber duel at some point in the ride.

Same. Ultimately, it's a nitpick - just one that holds some substance. I'd like to think kids and fans care about a few things:

1. Piloting the Falcon
  2. Using the Force
  3. Lightsabers
Falcon takes care of #1. Savi's takes care of #3, but $200 just to experience it kinda nullifies it. It needed to be something more akin to Ollivander's, where you get the thrill of the wand selection without having to invest in purchasing it.

Serious question: Did the hype surrounding the ride factor into how you viewed it? I know for me I was trying to block it out but it was hard.
Slightly, but not as much as the fact that I was forced to wait until 2pm to actually enter the attraction (I was in Group 46). For further context, I arrived at the park at 5:15am... I guess I was hoping for a more visceral on-ride experience after nine hours of buildup — at least something along the thrill levels of Dinosaur at AK or Spider-Man at IOA rather than Empire of the Penguin at SeaWorld. Again, I recognize that the ride system brings certain limitations, but I just can’t relate to some of the ‘mind-blowing’ reactions others who have rode it seem to be having. I was honestly more impressed by the queue elements and cast member involvement than anything else.

Moving Jedi Training Academy into a dedicated (interior?) space within the land, and reconfiguring the show's story to fit the backstory of Batuu and Black Spire Outpost would have added that additional Force element that any guest -- but particularly kids -- would have access to.

Slightly, but not as much as the fact that I was forced to wait until 2pm to actually enter the attraction (I was in Group 46). For further context, I arrived at the park at 5:15am... I guess I was hoping for a more visceral on-ride experience after nine hours of buildup — at least something along the thrill levels of Dinosaur at AK or Spider-Man at IOA rather than Empire of the Penguin at SeaWorld. Again, I recognize that the ride system brings certain limitations, but I just can’t relate to some of the ‘mind-blowing’ reactions others who have rode it seem to be having. I was honestly more impressed by the queue elements and cast member involvement than anything else.

Oddly enough, I thought I would have this issue, but don't feel this way after one ride (this very well may change though). I felt that it was moving so much at times that I was almost missing things to the point where I even went back and immediately watched a POV video to try to clarify a few moments. I don't view that as a complaint either, just something that justifies multiple rides. Not to mention, rides akin to Spider-Man also don't feature the nice thrilling little drop you get here. Obviously this is a "to each their own" thing though with everyone's thrill factors being different.

Moving Jedi Training Academy into a dedicated (interior?) space within the land, and reconfiguring the show's story to fit the backstory of Batuu and Black Spire Outpost would have added that additional Force element that any guest -- but particularly kids -- would have access to.

Part of me thinks they are holding onto certain additions til after Ep. 9 debuts. With Ep. 8 teasing gray area Force (aka no more light side/dark side) - it wouldn't make sense to have a Jedi temple in the land right now.

Your point brings up something else I thought of, though - They need to start consolidating Star Wars to just Batuu. Time to get rid of Launch Bay, and, dare I say, Star Tours.

Your point brings up something else I thought of, though - They need to start consolidating Star Wars to just Batuu. Time to get rid of Launch Bay, and, dare I say, Star Tours.

Without a doubt. I wasted a lot of time yesterday just roaming HS yesterday while waiting for my boarding pass (I never want to spend that much time in HS ever again :lol:) and it's truly the Star Wars Park right now (and I thought it felt like the Frozen Park back when I worked there in 2015 lol). Launch Bay (park right), Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away (center stage), Star Tours/Jedi Training (park left), and Galaxy's Edge (park back). It truly encompasses every direction of the park at this point. There has to be a way to consolidate a bit and make the rest of GE feel more fleshed out/accessible. Hopefully it's just a matter of time. Obviously a lot is changing within WDW right now.

I'd hate for them to get rid of the "Lucas" film presence in the park. They can't have a "Star Wars" park without the OG characters.

Oddly enough, I thought I would have this issue, but don't feel this way after one ride (this very well may change though). I felt that it was moving so much at times that I was almost missing things to the point where I even went back and immediately watched a POV video to try to clarify a few moments. I don't view that as a complaint either, just something that justifies multiple rides. Not to mention, rides akin to Spider-Man also don't feature the nice thrilling little drop you get here. Obviously this is a "to each their own" thing though with everyone's thrill factors being different.
I agree, but the drop is just 5% of the ride, and not all that intense (IMO). I like Spider-Man’s ride vehicle because it’s always engaged in intense motion, twisting and tilting in exciting and unexpected ways while zipping through show scenes at high speed. ROTR felt tame by comparison, but I understand the decision to go trackless with this ride. I’m not sure ROTR would have been this immersive with any other ride system; the trackless vehicles fit into the universe well.