Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

I mean Mario Kart I think will be able to compete with Rise on a technical level at least. Sounds like Disney has the crown jewel of rides in Orlando right now though. Its only opening weekend, but thats pretty much the sentiment everyone who's rode it has had. Or something close to it at least. I truly haven't seen a bad review.
As Much fun as I'll have on Mario Kart.....I just doubt it will be as Epic as this....I'm Hoping maybe a Zelda or Pokemon Ride Trys to Rival SW:RR I might cry seeing a Zelda ride that detailed become a realty

Maybe a Escape room/ride

Part of me thinks they are holding onto certain additions til after Ep. 9 debuts. With Ep. 8 teasing gray area Force (aka no more light side/dark side) - it wouldn't make sense to have a Jedi temple in the land right now.

Your point brings up something else I thought of, though - They need to start consolidating Star Wars to just Batuu. Time to get rid of Launch Bay, and, dare I say, Star Tours.
Star Tours could be re-skinned to Big Hero 6 or Incredibles so easily.

More early opening shenanigans this morning according to Twitter. Operations wise....I understand the reasons for doing this. But how long are they going to officially open at 8 according to their own listed hours but continue to open 1-2 hours earlier? This is really upsetting people.....and I don't blame them. We are not all "in-the-know". It just seems like a crappy thing for Disney to do.

More early opening shenanigans this morning according to Twitter. Operations wise....I understand the reasons for doing this. But how long are they going to officially open at 8 according to their own listed hours but continue to open 1-2 hours earlier? This is really upsetting people.....and I don't blame them. We are not all "in-the-know". It just seems like a crappy thing for Disney to do.
One way to cycle all the bloggers through fast. Maybe they get their fill for a while and they can open up standby.

Disney’s sort of boxed themselves into this at this point unfortunately. With so many people showing up by 5:30, it’s tough.

If they want to stop early opening, they need to restrict access to the parking lot until 1 hour before normal opening.

One way to cycle all the bloggers through fast. Maybe they get their fill for a while and they can open up standby.

Absolutely. There is nothing more important than social media good will and positive publicity these days. Ensure the bloggers are happy and your new ride is getting rave reviews! Meanwhile back at the ranch.....Joe/Jane Public is spending thousands of dollars on his/her Disney vacation, playing by THEIR rules (buying tickets and planning FPs months in advance).....only to find out that he/she and his/her family cannot ride the new Star Wars ride because you have to be there at 4 or 5am because they will open up sometime between 6 and 7 (even though they say that they open at 8) and the ride passes for the day will run out almost immediately after park open.

I think it’s Disney preventing security and safety issues.

They don’t want cars lined up blocking the on ramp and roads: open parking early.

They don’t want a huge line of guests blocking the ticket booths, security booths, bus terminals, Skyliner, etc: let them into the park.

I believe that if guests stopped arriving early, Disney would stop opening early.

“Hollywood Studios is scheduled to open at 8am, but may open earlier to accommodate demand of our new ride, Rise of the Resistance”

Boom! Covers their ass and solves each “problem”.
Maybe they’re afraid admitting they’re willing to open early will attract more early visitors? :shrug:

It does appear that number of guests early are starting to dwindle. And I doubt this will continue, at least to this degree, after this weekend.

When they got through the last boarding group yesterday, did they open up the queue for stand-by at the end of the night?

I am just waiting to see what the demand looks like in mid-Jan.

I am predicting it will still be pretty high. As crazy as it is now. I think we will see a slow burn effect instead of a flash>gone effect on attendance. I feel a lot of folks specifically planned later trips to avoid the opening crush.

I am just waiting to see what the demand looks like in mid-Jan.

I am predicting it will still be pretty high. As crazy as it is now. I think we will see a slow burn effect instead of a flash>gone effect on attendance. I feel a lot of folks specifically planned later trips to avoid the opening crush.
The demand for Flight of Passage and even Mine Train never fully waned, wonder if this will be similar.