Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

I think the coolest effect on the ride is
the Kylo projected figure that walks toward you with a real, physical lightsaber. It appears to be a completely black AA figure holding the saber, running in sync with a pepper's ghost Kylo projection. Some next level stuff! Love the dedication to combining practical and digital.

the Kylo projected figure that walks toward you with a real, physical lightsaber. It appears to be a completely black AA figure holding the saber, running in sync with a pepper's ghost Kylo projection. Some next level stuff! Love the dedication to combining practical and digital.
I'd love to see some behind the scenes of how they brought this scene together. It's quite impressive.

The demand for Flight of Passage and even Mine Train never fully waned, wonder if this will be similar.
They’re the shiny new objects in their respective parks still. SDMT should finally calm down once Tron opens. Will be interesting what the effect MMRR has on the ride. My guess is minimal as far as popularity.

If you notice right before he appears, the lights in front of you flash a blinding white light right in your face to mask how the effect is done.

They also use bright white lights in the hanger pointed straight at you when you depart the transport ship so the black star field appears even blacker. Same in the gunner room! White LED's around the frame of the windows makes it hard to see inperfections in the projection.

Last edited:
I'd love to see some behind the scenes of how they brought this scene together. It's quite impressive.
I want to see the behind the scenes of how this entire ride came to be, frankly. Could easily be a half hour special on either ABC, Freeform, Disney+, and/or Disney Channel.

Friday's final episode of The Imagineering Story on Disney+ should include some neat behind the scenes stuff for Rise.
Still behind on getting Disney+. For some reason my smart tv doesn't have it, but maybe its because I have Comcast Xfinity as a provider? I have no idea but nothing has been going my way for weeks and just add this to the list. I just want some Baby Yoda in my life to fix things lol. Plus, The Imagineering story.

Dwayne Johnson is doing a Disney+ docuseries about individual Disney attractions so maybe Rise will get an episode.
Omg really? I haven't seen this anywhere! Id imagine the first episode is on Jungle Cruise, but I really like this idea to be honest. Dwayne is a decent host at things as well so he should be perfect for this. I need Disney + today.

Perhaps. It's also not great business to discard the average day guest who might not have any idea the park is going to open at 6:30am, and who then might not have any chance to ride the major attraction in the park.

Perhaps. It's also not great business to discard the average day guest who might not have any idea the park is going to open at 6:30am, and who then might not have any chance to ride the major attraction in the park.
Regardless of when they open the gate, there will still be a few thousand human people waiting in line that will get in before guests arriving at 8AM, and most of the boarding passes will already be gone for those guests. The outcome is the same. All this does is make the guests already waiting a little happier to not have to sit outside all morning—plus, it clears up the entrance. If they opened at 8, it could be an hour of scanning MagicBands before those guests that arrived at scheduled park opening would even be able to enter the park.

There’s only a small amount of Boarding Passes available per day. When the park opens isn’t going to change that and opening at scheduled hour won’t somehow mean guests arriving at 8am or later would have a better shot of getting one.

This is a ride capacity issue, not a park opening time one. And no matter how Disney handles the current situation, someone is going to be upset... until they can improve the ride’s capacity.

No one should ever complain about Disney adding hours. All of the parks should be open more hours given demand across the resort. How long are we going to talk about the same thing when the reality of the situation, as Alicia pointed out, is the same?

Not every other park has a mega-attraction which can only be accessed by a virtual queue/boarding pass system, though.

If you want to let people in early, fine. If you want to let them experience other attractions in the park, fine. But I really don't think access to Rise of the Resistance's boarding groups should be opened up until the scheduled, published park opening time.

Not every other park has a mega-attraction which can only be accessed by a virtual queue/boarding pass system, though.

If you want to let people in early, fine. If you want to let them experience other attractions in the park, fine. But I really don't think access to Rise of the Resistance's boarding groups should be opened up until the scheduled, published park opening time.
At that point if you want something fair they they can have a lottery. But how do they do that? You put in for the raffle when you enter and draw at 8am? Just to placate the people putting in less effort and sacrificing capacity? They essentially add 2000 riders by opening the attraction around 6.30 vs 8.

I think it is as fair as it can be. Those that arrive first, get on first. Same as any new ride opening ever, regardless of whether they used standby or now virtual queue.

I’d like to see more emphasis placed on increasing capacity in our arguments than rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic, because the discussion most people are having online isn’t really about the crux of the issue.

I think they should have boarding passes for the first half of the day and use a stand by line for the second half of the day. That way those who missed getting a boarding pass could still get an opportunity to ride if they are willing to wait.

I think they should have boarding passes for the first half of the day and use a stand by line for the second half of the day. That way those who missed getting a boarding pass could still get an opportunity to ride if they are willing to wait.
How do you keep people from forming a line in front of the ride all day though?